FH news Major Outage 23rd/24th June

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Folks,

Yesterday around 17:21 FreddysHouse/Teczone kit was knocked offline due to a lightening strike taking out two floors of the datacentre where the kit is located. Unfortunately I was out at the Cinema watching Independence Day and when I got home around 11:30pm I attempted to fix the equipment which was now back up.

However, the NAS had suffered a corrupted boot partition and no matter what I did with the IPMI it would not allow me to mount an ISO across the network. Therefore a long drive to Docklands was in order. I finally arrived around 4am this morning and rebuilt the NAS (thank god for ZFS and pool importing). Leaving London around 6am thinking I will do the rest from the comfort of my home I ran into a 4hr traffic jam, thanks M25 and got home around 11am this morning.

The good news is that the forums are back but there are still a few backend issues. My apologies for the length of the outage.

Cheers

Deebs

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Strong work @Deebs. It warms my heart to know that ZFS is taking care of storage and redundancy needs. :)

Syri

FH is my second home
That's dedication, if anyone ever wanted a definition of it. Thanks for your hard work, as always, Deebs. I wish my situation allowed me to contribute financially at the moment, but I still want to say that your hard work and dedication to this site and community is really appreciated.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
MI5 trying to stop scouse converting us to last minute remain votes.
Thats why I took a pen and laminater.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Thanks guys, appreciate the words. Still tidying up and checking a few bits. Fucking knackered.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
For a while I thought my permission to visit the forum had been evoked now that you are no longer a part of the Union. It eases my heart that at least FH is not affected <3

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
For a while I thought my permission to visit the forum had been evoked now that you are no longer a part of the Union. It eases my heart that at least FH is not affected <3

Non-UK members have to subscribe.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
The EU are proposing a per-post tariff on posts exported to the UK. They probably didn't realise that Toht is no longer here to boost their coffers.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
For a momemt I thought FH didn't accept any foreigners from the EU, with the Brexit and all.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Right think that is all the shit sorted out now. Time to crack open the Southern Comfort, read the forums and do some catchup.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I understood almost none of that, but I am grateful.
Basically God (the lightening) decided to blow up FreddysHouse. I decided that was not on so worked through the night to get us back up and running, unfortunately the major 2 lane accident on the M25 was sent to stop me. However I got pass that bollox and eventually got FH back up and running again :) Fuck you God.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom