major lag

D

deathcloud

Is any one else getting MAJOR lag on the P and L as i cant stay on for more than 2 min adn its not my modem as i have 600k cable and did a speed test and it cam back at 531k so all fine there and its only been since this morning and it was like this befor the patch

G

greenfingers

no, I haven't experienced that yet .. maybe because I haven't played after patch? :)

still at work .. like the rest of U should be !!!

unemployeed gimps ! :p

A

acei

NTL? If yes then it's NTL's problem, several dozen people including myself are having the problem. It's likely due to the 128k-150k service being changed, i have no idea why it is effecting their entire network though :(

D

darbey

I thought it might have been ntl too but ive done speed tests and d/l an 832 meg file from somewhere else and was getting contstant 70kb a sec. My goa update has been going for almost 1 hour now and is 14% completed at 0.8 kb a sec. Its these ffin patch servers definately.

T

TocaTank

Im the same, getting alot of lag..its tottally un-playable. NTL sucks

T

TeslaUK

No lag here.

ISDN 64k and beat your uber Cable :p

T

tris-

it is NTLs fault, look on the main forum there is a 2 page thread about it, plus packet loss is not speed, my ping to daoc server is 20 ms but i have 50% packetloss.

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by darbey
I thought it might have been ntl too but ive done speed tests and d/l an 832 meg file from somewhere else and was getting contstant 70kb a sec. My goa update has been going for almost 1 hour now and is 14% completed at 0.8 kb a sec. Its these ffin patch servers definately.

patch servers running fine, game is without lag atm (no i am not playing i am at work but talking to ppl playing via msn )
Sounds like yer isp if screwing up some routing

L

lazloth_uk

hey all ;)

I actual work for NTL and you are right...it is NTL's fault they are Making a load of changes to the network and it has caused LOAD of probs.

But they sort most of them but still a few areas with probs

I was out of service for 3 days =*(

But I get my 1 mb back now :p

G

greenfingers

Originally posted by lazloth_uk
hey all ;)

I actual work for NTL and you are right...it is NTL's fault they are Making a load of changes to the network and it has caused LOAD of probs.

But they sort most of them but still a few areas with probs

I was out of service for 3 days =*(

But I get my 1 mb back now :p

hahaha gimpie NTL!!! :p

L

lazloth_uk

Hey its great =)

I get my 1MB line for a £10 a month lol

So i can spend more cash on ON - Line games he he :p

H

hiban

Sure its not your conn? Sounds like the same problem as i have. And i know its my conn thats making playing hard for me sometimes.

Did a test as well. Got great results, even when conn wasnt working with full speed. Think it just showed what kind of connection i had, and what speed it SHOULD/COULD work with. Not really sure. But it seems like P and L has to do with the connection itself.

cheers

T

tris-

there is nothing wrong with the SPEED its PACKET LOSS that is the problem.

T

Tyrant I

Yeah Im havin all the above problems.. gonna give it a try now and pray its better...
Was in bg 3 last night I was killed 3 times before Id even seen an attacker anywhere in sight.. I musta looked a real dumbass :(

T

tris-

no news for opentransit about NTL fixing the prob so unless NTL are gonna work weekends to fix it, we are stuck for 2+ more nights with a shit connection.

Z

ztyx

lag what do you think we have on our LAN.
5 players on 128 kb/s line hehe

D

deathcloud

ty all im sick as i put in a weeks hol to get patch and get my inf to lvl 50 as im lvl 49 and now ive wasted a weeks hol so it better be working next week or there is account for sale with a lvl 50 armsman and lv 49 inf :(

D

deathcloud

yes ive sent emails to goa and ntl goa havent resopnede and ntl said i had to ring them so i will come monday but they did give me a link to a websight that gave me a down load thing that tested all my constions and stuff

Users who are viewing this thread