Major lag issues in Excal server today!

C

Cerverloc

When I logged in this morning it already started. First it took my client 3 retries in connection window before connected. Then I decided to travel with the horse and suddenly the horse stood still. He did nothing. I jumped off and had to walk all the way. Then I decided to get my perf meter up and i saw that the L of the Perf was constantly triangle red square.

I haven't been able to play reasonable whole day. So I tested prywden server and guess what? No lag there. Nothing at all.

This is so weird. Its obvious that its Excalibur that has the problems but the people online that i spoke to didn't suffer from my problem.

Any of you guys have similar experiences on Excal today? Please let me know.

J

Jiggs

Was laggy all friday, its funny I dont have a problem on Pryd server, maybe beacuse fewer people or different router. I don't know much about techie stuff(i.e. nothing) but I don't see why excalibur has the major problem??

T

Tranquil-

I tried to connect just now, but the characters in the selection screen didnt show, prolly too much lag... and I had to try several times to log in...

O

old.Anpu

KPN supposedly shut down the KPNQwest Backbone :rolleyes:

/Anpu

O

old.Tzeentch

ok..look...
KPQN backbone thing... the reason they went bust, is because they had too MUCH capacity...not too little.. most of their capcacity has been sold off now, and so there should NOT be any uber difference to latency and stuff...

O

old.Anpu

Hmm, according to the news they still looking for buyers and have shut down at least 3 of the 7 rings.

/Anpu

O

old.Tzeentch

Well if that's true, they can simpy route to other networks which have capacity... hell, it's saturday evening, one of the peak times, and everything is still all fine here.

Don't worry :]

C

Cerverloc

Well I do worry because I haven't be able to play normally on Excalibur since friday (KPNQWEST disconnected his services that day) I got my main on excalibur and I want to play with it which is impossible atm. If this continues another month then i cancel my subscription. Im not paying for a game when i cant play with my main.

Its obvious that something is different between Prywden and Excalibur because I have no problems what so ever on Prywden. I believe if GOA rerouted Excalibur the same way as Prywden they could solve this (if rerouting is possible im not an technician)

I have posted my tracert txt files on the technical portion of this forum and send it to rightnow also. The tracert files show sporadic timeouts when sending to excalibur ip. The tracert files sended to Prywden are clean of any timeouts (designated by a * instead of 30ms for instance)

So its clear that KPNQWEST hasn't been able yet to fully transfer their services to other companies so it can recontinue its services through them causing problems for every company in any way depending on KPNQWEST services. I believe the Wanadoo opentransit is one of these companies and another one is my own ISP.

It keeps pondering me why no problems accure on prywden while the trace shows the same route as excal.

Anyway keep posting here if you got similar problems.

O

old.Tzeentch

Since Exc and Pry are on the same network, this rules out any problems due to KPNQWest or whatever.

The problem must be local to GOA.

C

Cerverloc

If that is so why is it then that these problems started on friday. The same day KPNQWEST closed their services. I never had any lag problems before. It started last friday and it has been terrible since then. So that certainly doesn't rule out KPNQWEST at all infact it points the blaming finger at them.

O

old.Tzeentch

I'm sorry, but what I know of networking, It has nothing to do with KPQN.

It's merely coincedence.

C

Cerverloc

Coincedence or not yesterday afternoon something happened that apparently solved this problem since im no playing lagfree once again. I don't know who was responsable but good job on fixing it. Hope it remains this way :)

O

old.Kal

Lag has been pretty terrible today....everyones complaining about it..

C

Cerverloc

True. But this lag is different from the one that accured on friday to monday morning. Seems to be global. Everyone was complaining about it.

K

Khalen

Jup dunno what is going on but it is not funny to play cleric and not able to heal people in time because lag doesn't show the hp right or he's dead already before I can react even :(

Ah well hope it will be better soon because I wanna play this summer a lot...

N

Novamir

grrrrr i am soooo fucking pissed off with this lag shit now, since this morning when i lagged on i have been getting yellow or red lag spikes every 10sec or so, makes soloing impossible. not to mention the 7 LDs so far in an hour.

this is a fucking joke and something should be done to sort out routing. there should be a specific email addy we can subit tracerts/pingplotters/etc so this ridiculous situation gets sorted.

X

Xray

Sorry to hear that I am not the only one suffering from this horrible lag.

The game is totally un-playable for me atm. As I joked last night to someone, even my perf meter is lagged. But this is no laughing matter, I paid good money for this game and i continue to pay good money for the upkeep of my subscription.

Something must be done about this and done fast.

S

Sirsmokalot

Lag

I am still getting bulk LD anyone else having this problem??

O

old.Akirai

pretty much unplayable today (tuesday) went linkdead 7 times in an hour already.

D

daarken

having same problems, tried a couple isp's, all ld and laggy as hell when you get in anyway

S

Sirsmokalot

Sorta pleased i'm not the only one, hope this doesn't go the way of LoM....lag..lag..ld

H

Hircine

Having the same problem, serious lag spikes a little now and then. Hard to level a runemaster when you never know if you will be able to bolt the mob or if it will just show up next to you and proceed to eat you.

S

Shamarinor

Yeah, i died 4 times last night because of lag, it has pissed me off so much recently that i bought the US version, which i have been playing with a perfect connection for a week now, no lag, no ld's.

J

Jimli

Ran a few tracert (Trace Route : Shows the route an ip packet takes and shows ping and packet loss)

All goes fine here in Holland. With the jump to paris the shit starts all along the route inside France (before and after entering Wanadoo networks) with high pings and packet loss.

So it seems that Wanadoo and the whole of France is having problems. Guess they didn't take the bankruptcy of KPNQwest too seriously there and got a major bandwidth problem now. :(

H

Hircine

At the moment I can basically not play at all. I have about 3 sec lag on every spell I cast, often more.

T

Treniel

same on pwyden got a eldritch alt there..i can't tell wtf the mob is, if its dead, how much mana i got left...etc etc so hard to exp atm...

Z

Zill

I have lost several fights today due to 2 big red circles on the lag-o-metre :(. The lag has been evident over the past week and even more so today where it has been simply unplayable.

R

Rayna

Hmm..my lag isn't terrible, I get sporadic 'spurts' of it, but then it goes away most of the time :) Definitely more than usual though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom