[MAGUS] Magus

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Apparently the Magus is a defensive caster, well at least it says so in the class text on character creation, no wonder i suck at damage...

you would think by being chaotic he would not be that defensive and worried about breaking his nails, next there will be manbags to go with my pink horror...

:m00:

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
I was gonna roll a magus simply because I wanna fly round on a cool ass deamon disk! lol but then I heard they are gimp so didnt bother.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Apparently the Magus is a defensive caster, well at least it says so in the class text on character creation, no wonder i suck at damage...

you would think by being chaotic he would not be that defensive and worried about breaking his nails, next there will be manbags to go with my pink horror...

Yeah the description of the Magus is quite funny :)

That cool AOE root you have?

Fucking awesome except that you have to be almost next to anyone you want to root and as soon as you root they will snare your sorry arse and tear you a new one.

The pets suck balls too not worth the AP it costs to bring em out.

Pathetic class.

Fizzlebutt

Fledgling Freddie
I rolled it because of the disc :D
Its not as powerful as the other classes out there but im going to bide my time and learn how to use it. Sooner or later they are going to buff him up.

rynnor

Rockhound
Its not as powerful as the other classes out there but im going to bide my time and learn how to use it. Sooner or later they are going to buff him up.

Good call - I think your probably 100% right!

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
The disk just sells the class for me but I wont play a gimp char as my main for obvious reasons. Might roll it as an alt though :D

Fizzlebutt

Fledgling Freddie
but I wont play a gimp char as my main for obvious reasons

Well it does suck getting mauled every now and again....

Did the magus kick some arse in the beta? Or has it always been a weak class?

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
Duno mate I only got 3 days of the OB and most that time was spent on my BW. I think they were trying to make it a summon/defensive caster bit like the warlock was 'supposed' to be in wow but they made him a bit too gimpy and the pets suck too much ;p

No doubt in my mind they will get buffed, which will lead to an influx of new Magus.

I really hope they dont make Flavour of the month classes in WaR!

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
The disk just sells the class for me but I wont play a gimp char as my main for obvious reasons. Might roll it as an alt though :D

Going by Mythic's history OP chars like brightwizi's will get the nerfbat fast whilst class like magus should see some sweet Mythic lovin'. Yeah I know it took em 6 years for Armsmen butthey got there in the end :). Bad way to choose a class imo. But then some will only play a game if it's in god mode ;).

Better to go with one you like the look and and have fun with. I thought Chosen was gonna be my main until I rolled a sorc during Beta. A real glass cannon.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
I didnt roll the class I play due to Power, I made a BW because I love the mechanics and always, and I mean ALWAYS play fire caster chars (fire mage in wow, pyromancer in GW, fire orientated Bellato Wizard in RFO, Fire/Kin Corruptor in CoV etc etc)

As I said I didnt chose the class based on power but I wont play a char that is considered gimped just for the sake of it, I had enough of being the underdog in wow ;p

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Duno mate I only got 3 days of the OB and most that time was spent on my BW. I think they were trying to make it a summon/defensive caster bit like the warlock was 'supposed' to be in wow but they made him a bit too gimpy and the pets suck too much ;p

No doubt in my mind they will get buffed, which will lead to an influx of new Magus.

I really hope they dont make Flavour of the month classes in WaR!

reminds me more of a cabby from daoc, just not as good, give melee pet that can taunt :)

Mishy

One of Freddy's beloved
reminds me more of a cabby from daoc, just not as good, give melee pet that can taunt :)

Yeh, the magnus reminds me a lot of my old cabby - though not the quite the same. Cabalist was a fun, underrated class, much like the magnus (though hopefully due some boosts to its power/damage soon!!) ;)

Soazak

Part of the furniture

Yup, thats the right attitude...It only took mentalists 7 years to get what they wanted :D

Brilliance

Can't get enough of FH
Sorcs will fall in love with you due to your defensive caster nature and... spirit debuff ;x resists are already starting to shine in early 20's. I think it's gonna be a must in late game and small scale RvR.

dee777

Loyal Freddie
Sorcs will fall in love with you due to your defensive caster nature and... spirit debuff ;x resists are already starting to shine in early 20's. I think it's gonna be a must in late game and small scale RvR.

What he said. When I read AoE Spirit resist debuff I was instantly sold on the class. The disk was just icing on the cake for me.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Magus to lvl19 has sucked monkeyballs for me in Scenarios. At 20 it seems to start to become a bit better. If you don't hang at the back you get twatted really fast. As said above, to use the AoE root you have to put yourself in big time harm's way. However, in capture-the-flag style scenarios its just brilliant if you make sure to stick with the flag carrier.

Its a pretty clear indication of how under-powered the class is given so few around. Most times I play a scenario, I'm the only Magus there.

Jaberwocky

Loyal Freddie
In Tier 1 and 2 the Magus really struggles in scenarios, but in tier 3 all I can say is :worthy: the utility that this class gives a Destruction team is shocking and fills a hole in the ranks that's been missing for some time, with a little bit of support from a tank or healer a Magus can quickly make Order's job a hell of a lot harder. You still won't be topping the dps meter but the damaged is very respectable, the roots KB and snares when used properly with a few class abilities and pets really help turn the tide in your teams favour.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

that disc screams "free RP's comming!" tho :p

i havent seen a single order class a Magus is actually good versus.

what IS the magus counterpart on order anyway? one of the classes that got pulled?

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
that disc screams "free RP's comming!" tho :p

i havent seen a single order class a Magus is actually good versus.

what IS the magus counterpart on order anyway? one of the classes that got pulled?

engineer...

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
It all changes though when you get chaotic rift, until you hit tier 3 though magus suck balls to be honest, puts a lot of people off.

Needs a bit of work, like stacking Dots, as Hots completely negate magus dot damage, plus sorceres, BW dots do more damage.

Its not the easiest class to play, am level 37/38 at the moment should hit 40 before the week is out.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
The Engineer seems most similar in abilities and overall design to the Magus.

I still can't kill anything with Magus if the player is awake - low burst damage, less than brilliant dots and it takes too long to stack them up by which time you're mincemeat.

That said, I'm having a great time with it in group roles now that some of the abilities are starting to come together, mostly harassing enemy positions. Needs some lovin', but a fun class unless your only interest is being top of the DPS tables in which case roll something else.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
engineer...

yeah maybe, but the engineer actually have SOME killing power. and have a better survivability rate having both KB's and root. afaik Magus only get the root..

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Magus gets Knockback, its just later on, one of the reasons its a real struggle in the previous levels.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
ding 40, lets see if i have gimped myself now :)

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
having dinged 40 i must admit teh magus does not fit the TT lore :-( half the time i feel impotent, the other half groups arent use to Magus and dont understand the tactics...

i need a group hug... :-0

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
after playing a few differant specs all i can say is that in rvr HoTs easily keep up with any damage i do, and in most cases heal more per tick. The norm for most groups is to have two healers per group, in which case i might as well just suicide.

Chaotic rift works ok but only in the right group setup,
Firewyrm is next to useless.
BW's and sorcerers do more damage with there dots per tick, now if they lowered them and increased magus might make it more fun

i feel a bit like an RP cow atm....

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Adding a healing component to the insta and reducing the cooldown ro 3 sec via mastery points seems to be something worth playing with.

Its on my to-do list for later on.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Adding a healing component to the insta and reducing the cooldown ro 3 sec via mastery points seems to be something worth playing with.

Its on my to-do list for later on.

done tested it on some mobs, get healed for 137 on level 39 dorfs... :-( will see what rvr stats are

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom