Mages

Ashandar

Fledgling Freddie
As a mage what can i use to unstealth a rogue?

I take it that the AOE i.e. frost nova just freeze them in place, even stealthed?

Or do i have to wait on the backstab? :(

Bloody rogues ;)

Thx!

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Frost nova, remember you can blink out of their stuns, you should have no problems vs rogues especially as frost spec.

Wyleia

Fledgling Freddie
you can cast any area of effect spell and the dmg the rogue takes if he is that close to you will desteath him. If you dont get him destealthed, I suggest blink and cast polymorph. You dont need to face him to cast poly, and he will already be your target (cuz he hit you) so you dont need to target him either. Once you have him sheeped you can plan your attack, first aid yourself, eat, drink be merry, then kill the bastard :)

By the time u break sheep on him and he runs to you again to hit you, blink should be back up, or you can frost nova and move away :)

Rogues shouldnt be much of a problem.. With almost any mage spec. Im fire :)

Now 2 rogues, then you might have a bit more of a headache:) haha

Antedeluvian

Fledgling Freddie
Is so fun when all mages asume that rogues doesnt use free action potions, sprint, kick, snare poison or vanish :eek:

Dommelsch

Fledgling Freddie
Antedeluvian said:
Is so fun when all mages asume that rogues doesnt use free action potions, sprint, kick, snare poison or vanish :eek:
what's all that? ;(

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Downanael said:
Their iwin buttons :(

i always feel kidney shots my IWIN STFU SIT DOWN HAHA I PWNZORED J00 button on my rogue against a mage

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Darksword said:
i always feel kidney shots my IWIN STFU SIT DOWN HAHA I PWNZORED J00 button on my rogue against a mage
I didn't understand this :p

Vesuvius

Fledgling Freddie
is Kidney shot that stun that blink doesnt seem to break?

one think i hate about fighting melee players..

its so hard to judge distance.. the enemy could be a decent distance away from my point of view, but still close enough to attack.. hard to be at the right range for instas without getting close enough to be within attack range.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Antedeluvian said:
Poly beats FAP.
Root beats sprint.
Kick doesn't work on instas (and you probably shouldn't use anything else that close to a rogue).
Root beats snare.
Vanish does no damage, so won't stop the mage just running off or healing etc.

Antedeluvian

Fledgling Freddie
Danya said:
Poly beats FAP.
Root beats sprint.
Kick doesn't work on instas (and you probably shouldn't use anything else that close to a rogue).
Root beats snare.
Vanish does no damage, so won't stop the mage just running off or healing etc.

The fight begins from stealth, because the mage cant see the rogue, the rogue stun the mage, the mage blinks and begin to cast Poly, the rogue sprint and kick the Poly, spell thats not an instant, and drink the FAP, the mage is now dead, all he have now are snares and roots, if the rogue see he wont be capable of kick the Poly he just vanish while sprint, skill which works in stealth, and then gouge, stun and kill, the mage is again dead.
I guess the mage can flee after the blink if the snare poison didnt fired, but kill a rogue alone whitout healing? no way, and thats good, the game is not designed in a way that a class who excells killing lone pple whit his VERY FAST dps burst would die after getting the jump over a class who is more oriented to a group fight.

Uber

Fledgling Freddie
Hello, long time since i last wrote something on FH :) Havent been here since i sold my daoc account.

Well, anyway...

Im playing a full frost specced mage on Shattered Hand and im now lvl51. And i have never lost more then 5 fightes (out of maybe 100) against a rouge.

This is how i do it :

When I get attacked by a stealthed rouge I just just Ice Block which means i dont take any dmg whatsoever in 10 secs. So the rouge cant do a shit, and since all are noobs they usually keep hitting me anyway...even if there is no meaning. Then i Use blink, and when i have range i use both my instants, (Fireblast, Cone Of cold). And then i use my Abs Shield which absorbs all dmg (595) atm. In this time the rouge always gets in range for melee wpns. Then i use frost Nova, blinking again and nuking him with my frost nuke. After 2 of those the root breaks and the snared rouge tryes to get in range again. And then i use my 2 instants again, and if he / she still is alive i just keep doing this. As long as i can keep range betwean me and the melee class they dont stand a chance.

And since im full frost specced, my mana never goes down to 0. And i have 50% to ALWAYS critt while they are freeced and 15% chance to root them with all my frost spells for 4 secs... So imo mages are overpowered against all melee classes..

But again, thats just my opinion :)

Good Night !

Over and Out

Unalive

Fledgling Freddie
If a rogue opens with backstab you should kill him no problems. Why backstab when you can ambush?. Sap, premed (Mage can not blink from sap only stun's so can just wait for ice block timer to run down), Ambush, Sprint + escape artist if needed to chase blink.

You can vanish out of frost nova twice, and you can use the tidal charm or spider belt even though its been nurfed. You can also blind twice which you should be able to since you have to be in frost nova range to be frost nova'd.

All in all its down to the player/spec.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Nova range exceeds melee by a reasonable amount btw. ;)

Why ice block when sapped? If you're sapped you can't use it anyway. If the mage has ice block up you can't sap them (ice block makes you immune to *everything* but unable to take actions, it'll also purge any poisons/dots/debuffs/etc from you).

Ashandar - heal up if neccessary and nuke 4tw. Also, you can't vanish while dotted right? Easy enough for a mage to open with a fireball after poly to get a dot in.

Unalive

Fledgling Freddie
Its actauly possible to vanish and land a CS between the DoT ticks but hard to do :)

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
umm if a rogue is sheeped, thats game over

if a mage has even normal ping and reflexes you wont kick the poly

the best thing you can do is land cheap shot then gouge instantly, he will suck the gouge either way, but might be in front of you or 20 yards away

if he ever goes for frost nova you should be able to blind him if you are quick, and youll recover first

if they blink and you havent gouged you should vanish and sprint to them with a cs

ice blocks really give rogues a lot of trouble, but you can try re-stealth without vanish

Unalive

Fledgling Freddie
Well tell you the truth havnt met many mage's who have used ice block against me. Have charged down mage's with sprint even after poly with 5pt CB evis and finished their last 60% health off. Guess I am yet to fight any good mage's :(

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
To be honest I've never fought a good rogue. To me it seems like they are just bashing SS all the time, they *mostly* don't get me below 50 % HP.

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Tasslehoff said:
To be honest I've never fought a good rogue. To me it seems like they are just bashing SS all the time, they *mostly* don't get me below 50 % HP.

That's just because you are fluffy and they feel remorse after hitting you... :p

Unalive

Fledgling Freddie
Tasslehoff said:

Might be because they take pitty on your race choice. :)

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Tasslehoff said:
Maybe they think it's mean to fight kids. ;)

Wyleia

Fledgling Freddie
Odd that you assume mages dont carry free action potions as well..
FAPs dont help you with poly, PoM can make my poly instant if I feel the need. If a rogue sprints towards me after blink I might feel that need :p

First spell I will land after sheep will be a pyro or fireblast (12 or 8 second dot), you can vanish so i lose target, but you will repop rather quick.

Im not frost, im not worried about slowing you. I have stopwatch, speed pots etc as well. Dont assume because you use pots that the other person wont :)

Gouge and blind I cant blink out of, but you cannot do dmg either else it will break the gouge/blind. Fire mage is frontloaded damage, frost mage runs around kiting. At 60, in just my late 50s equipment I have 3400 hp and 7k mana (unbuffed hp) mana shield absorbs rogue damage and eats up some of that 7k mana which I should not need all of.

At very worst I can mana shield and run around with pbaoe after opening with high dmg spell from poly and some instants.

Free action pots I feel are mainly for rogue killing, yeah its nice for rogues when they use them, but better for ppl who have to fight rogues to use them against them :)

Stridez

Fledgling Freddie
Funny to see how people think rogues work like daoc assasin classes, mages just have damn good abilitys to take out melee classes like that, tho i agree if a good rogue jumps a not so good mage or a totaly unprepared mage he stands a chance, but if the mage is aware of the rogue i would bet money on the mage rather then the rogue at end game.

Also like to add that rogues are pretty funny allways braging on i do this i do that Spring vanish etc, true you can all do that but they are not allways up wile mage can generaly pawn anytime they dont relay on 5 min timer i win buttons ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom