Madonna's adoption of Malawi baby

Is Madonna's adoption of a 13 month baby good ?

• PR stunt. Typical celebrity thing.

Votes: 36 46.8%
  • She's doing a good thing

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • Couldn't give a damn either way. Boring.

Votes: 28 36.4%

• Total voters

Dukat

Resident Freddy
QuickStix said:
i think its both 1&2

yes she may want adopt.. but she also seems to make sure she gets mega coverage when she does summin..

What he said ^^

If it was a "Genuine Act of Kindness"™ alone and in no way shape or form a PR stunt, then why let the media in on it? I would imagine there are ways of keeping this sort of thing confidential.

Celebrities by and large annoy me and I tend to go out of my way to avoid the so called "celeb gossip" croud.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Dukat said:
What he said ^^

If it was a "Genuine Act of Kindness"&#8482 alone and in no way shape or form a PR stunt, then why let the media in on it? I would imagine there are ways of keeping this sort of thing confidential.

Celebrities by and large annoy me and I tend to go out of my way to avoid the so called "celeb gossip" croud.
they're gonna notice her when she moves anywhere (i.e to pick up the child)

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Huntingtons said:
they're gonna notice her when she moves anywhere (i.e to pick up the child)

True I guess, also after thinking about it a bit I reckon that its a good way to get publicity for the whole "raising malawi" thing (eg. people see madonna supporting a cause and join in).

Also after reading this I guess it puts it in a slightly different light:

Madonna said:
My husband and I began the adoption process many months prior to our trip to Malawi. I did not wish to disclose my intentions to the world prior to the adoption happening as this is a private family matter. After learning that there were over one million orphans in Malawi, it was my wish to open up our home and help one child escape an extreme life of hardship, poverty and in many cases death, as well as expand out family.

From that it sounds like she didnt go out of her way to alert the media as to what she was doing untill she did it, which is a little better than what I heard originally.

jocelynn

Fledgling Freddie
Dukat said:
From that it sounds like she didnt go out of her way to alert the media as to what she was doing untill she did it, which is a little better than what I heard originally.

That's assuming that she was telling the truth when she made that statement... if it were a PR stunt she isn't going to go around saying it :)

I don't think most of the hype is around her adopting, it's about the fact she bypassed a huge part of the adoption proccess simply because she was rich and famous. Having money doesn't mean the kids going to have a happy life, for all anybody knows madona and guy are very bad parents.

Forget that it is Madona, a very rich couple have adopted a child, rather than go through the normal procedures they have thrown money at it. Now they have taken the child out of that country... who is to say what type of people they really are? I bet this sort of thing happens all the time in poorer countries and the newspapers don't give a toss when it's not headline grabbing stuff.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Thing is from what I have read she hasnt bypassed anything - the adoption has been planned for quite some time - its not like she woke up and thought ooo I will adopt a baby today and went out and did it.

The only people who can criticise really are those who have done more for children/adoption or charity than her tbh. The rest are just whiners tbh. No matter what anyone thinks she is taking a child who was going to be raised in an orphanage (at best) and out of poverty and into a full and wonderful life that few of us will be ever able to see. Maybe people are just jealous?

grimlin

Fledgling Freddie
bet she will have it working in the kitchen when it learns to cook

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
I heard this was for a MTV version of Differant Strokes based in LOndon........:england: Pity the poor child.Swapping Africa for London.Gimme disease and poverty anyday.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Fucking bandwagon jumping harlot should send the baby back, it is a new fashion in Hollyweird to go 'liberate' little black/yellow babies and use them as accessories to make yourself look like a real human being. Fuck that, if you want people to think you are decent then dig into your £200 million warchest and help out a whole village you skanky child stealing bitch.

Adlatus Hellbringer

Fledgling Freddie
cHodAX said:
Fucking bandwagon jumping harlot should send the baby back, it is a new fashion in Hollyweird to go 'liberate' little black/yellow babies and use them as accessories to make yourself look like a real human being. Fuck that, if you want people to think you are decent then dig into your £200 million warchest and help out a whole village you skanky child stealing bitch.

What he said xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom