Madonna's adoption of Malawi baby

Is Madonna's adoption of a 13 month baby good ?

• PR stunt. Typical celebrity thing.

Votes: 36 46.8%
  • She's doing a good thing

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • Couldn't give a damn either way. Boring.

Votes: 28 36.4%

• Total voters

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I dont understand how this kind of thing can be a PR stunt. She is doing what alot more good parents could do. Its just a shame its being dragged out all over.

I don't agree with her taking a child that has a family. But I think if you got all that cash and you want to help out adopting is a good way to help some poor kids out.

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
In one way it's good, the baby will have a great life... but it's also kinda harsh since there's thousands of kids in the same position, if she put in money a lot more children would benefit

I say kindness, she will be putting in a lot of time for the child

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
who cares?

Adoptions happen on a daily basis and it doesnt make it more interesting that its a celeb thats doing it (celebs are a dying race btw).

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Can only be a good thing for the child is how I look at it. She cannot help them all but at least she is helping one (and probably donated a lot more money than we will know to charities there etc). I really dont see what the fuss is about - and that the babies dad is moaning and so is half the country - I would give the child back and tell them to look after it themselves and go help another child from another country just to prove the point. I can understand the countries concern about wealthy people buying kids etc - but being realistic I would have thought for someone as high a profile as her they wouldnt have kicked up a stink - I doubt she is some gary glitter type in disguise.....

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
evzy said:
Can only be a good thing for the child is how I look at it. She cannot help them all but at least she is helping one (and probably donated a lot more money than we will know to charities there etc). I really dont see what the fuss is about - and that the babies dad is moaning and so is half the country - I would give the child back and tell them to look after it themselves and go help another child from another country just to prove the point. I can understand the countries concern about wealthy people buying kids etc - but being realistic I would have thought for someone as high a profile as her they wouldnt have kicked up a stink - I doubt she is some gary glitter type in disguise.....

Well, all the money she is donating is actually funding teaching of teh Kabbalah over there and setitng up a base for it pushing out across africa, so it's not all altruistic.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
i couldnt give a shit either way. but i do also have a general hatred towards the whole celeb thing.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
crispy said:
(celebs are a dying race btw).
not if i can help it!

subscribed for every tabloid gossip fix i can get! HAHA THEY SHALL LIVE IN ETERNITY!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
look at me, i have an adopted african baby, arent i the fashionable!!!!
please....

someone should give that aging cockend a right good slapping

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
I don´t know why people care. Yes, she´s a celebrity, but she´s paying her subs and can play...err.. I mean.. it´s her life and what she does or doesn´t do is none of my business. Celebrity A shags Celebrity B... Celebrity C leaves Celebrity A, Celebrity D drinks a lot of alcohol... so what? I wouldn´t want anyone to judge my actions, so why would I do it to people I don´t even know?

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I guess its bound to be front-page news. Lets face it, if a celebrity like Madonna farts, its all over the papers. This was never gonna be a quiet thing. And with every aspect of the adoption scrutinised in minute detail, its a case of once again the media storming around like the Nazgul.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Lamp said:
And with every aspect of the adoption scrutinised in minute detail, its a case of once again the media storming around like the Nazgul.

rofl you and your tolkein.

Tilda

I was in favour of it. However now we've heard that the father didn't acctually realise it meant he'd no longer be the childs father, i'm more dubious.

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
Madonna is jumping on the bandwagon Angelina Jolie started.

grimlin

Fledgling Freddie
i really dont no why all celebrities adopt foreign babys, i just dont get it

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
The father had fuck all chance of bringing that child up tho - had already given the kid away, he has other children as well and not sure but think he isnt working etc and no means of support - not being funny but shouldnt he put the child first and consider who would give it the best upbringing - he said he thuoght he could have the kid back after madonna paid for the schooling etc - i mean wtf - the kid will be of adult age by then anyways - hey borrow my kid, put him through school, clothe and fed him but you better give him back at 17...

And for all the people knocking it - have you ever considered adoption - and dont be so shallow as to think she is only doing it cos its teh trendy - i mean ffs - we are talking about a very driven career minded woman who has maniupalted music and the media to keep herself going over a long period - she aint thick - she knows what it entails etc - at least give her some credit.

And no I am not a madonna fan....wouldve boned it a few yrs ago mind you but she is teh past her sell by date imo..

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
When that kid's 17 - assuming he spends all those years with Madge - put yourself in his position - would you wanna go live back in a mud hut ? He'll be another millionaire playboy celebrity child.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Lamp said:
PR stunt or genuine act of kindness ?

would be nice to let the dad know wtf it was he signed. aparently he didnt have a clue about what was really going on.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
That old sack just realised she can't have babies anymore, so she went to Africa and stole one, so it would look like she was saving the world Angelina Jolie style!

Take your crap music, your yoga shit and your crap-ass Kabbalah-cult-thingy and stick it up where the sun don't!

I am tired of that old hag!

Random Guy said:
But she has been a revolution for the music world!

Yes.. She HAS!!! Time to bury her and get some fresh blood on the street!

Go away you 75y old woman! :touch:

(I really hate Madonna:))

Edit: Think I voted for the wrong thing :( PR STUNT I TELL YOU!

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
DocWolfe said:
Madonna is jumping on the bandwagon Angelina Jolie started.

And now Paris Hilton is copying it.

Stupid bint.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
One thing that is seriously bothering me, is all the whiny shit people out there! That complains she is doing something outside the law.

Seriously, I bet the child will have a much better life with other siblings, and a experienced rich mother rather than a world where everyone around you dies from aids, get shot, etc. Getting a real education, enough food and water to survive!

Adlatus Hellbringer

Fledgling Freddie
the whole thing is stupid and a pr stunt tbh. The child has family in the village where it was born however the father put it up for adoption when he could no longer look after it. Maybe maddona should of given the family money so that they can raise the child? Taking the kid from its natural environment is stupid... especially as he has relatives alive.

Adlatus Hellbringer

Fledgling Freddie
Chosen said:
One thing that is seriously bothering me, is all the whiny shit people out there! That complains she is doing something outside the law.

Seriously, I bet the child will have a much better life with other siblings, and a experienced rich mother rather than a world where everyone around you dies from aids, get shot, etc. Getting a real education, enough food and water to survive!

U are assuming that the child would have a worse off life just because he is from africa?

Money doesnt give u happiness tbh... and how out of place will that child feel when he starts to discover his roots and background. Hes in for a big culture shock

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Money doesnt give u happiness tbh... and how out of place will that child feel when he starts to discover his roots and background. Hes in for a big culture shock

Mabye he´s in for a big culture shock, but at least, he´s got enough food to be able to BE in for a bug culture shock. Other kids would give their right arm to experience this culture shock.
Still, I repeat: why do you care? It´s none of your business. I can´t see why the fact that she's famous should be enough reason for anyone of us to presume any form of judgement.

QuickStix

Fledgling Freddie
i think its both 1&2

yes she may want adopt.. but she also seems to make sure she gets mega coverage when she does summin..

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Adlatus Hellbringer said:
Money doesnt give u happiness tbh.

Actually it does, I read a article in one of the largest Norwegian newspapers, where they have been studying people that won in lotto etc, and most of them answered they were more happy now, when they didn't have to think about their own economy(Thats my biggest downpoint atm, bills I can't pay, stuff I wanne do but can't etc).

Money do give happiness!

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Chosen said:
Actually it does, I read a article in one of the largest Norwegian newspapers, where they have been studying people that won in lotto etc, and most of them answered they were more happy now, when they didn't have to think about their own economy(Thats my biggest downpoint atm, bills I can't pay, stuff I wanne do but can't etc).

Money do give happiness!
short term happiness?

most of you saying PR Stunt, remember this is a living creature. Madonna is a career woman, she cannot spend 1.5 year on nursing a child from womb to cradle. she has to be active so her best option is to adopt.
the child might, or might not have a better life with her, who knows (i know i dont). maybe im too naive to think anybody, atleast like her, would take advantage of a child so she could promote herself. alot of different ways to do it

[qoute=Adlatus Hellbringer] the whole thing is stupid and a pr stunt tbh. The child has family in the village where it was born however the father put it up for adoption when he could no longer look after it. Maybe maddona should of given the family money so that they can raise the child?[/qoute]

ok, so she wanted this child. why would it benefit her 1% as much to support the family as adopting?
im no madonna fan, but seriously, you people are way to hateful :( seems you hate her coz she's a celeb and not coz she's done something wrong (making crap music isnt wrong)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom