TV Madness in the Fast Lane

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Fascinating viewing

Swedish twin sisters lose the plot & decide to run out into the middle of the motorway. After being knocked down, one of them gets up and goes onto murder a man. Watch....

BBC iPlayer - Madness in the Fast Lane

In 2008, BBC cameras filmed two Swedish sisters throwing themselves into traffic on the M6. When it was shown on BBC One, nearly 7 million viewers were glued to their screens, and millions more watched it later on YouTube.

The footage was shocking. One previewer wrote “On no account miss this documentary. It opens with what is perhaps the most extraordinary footage I’ve seen on TV”.

But this amazing footage was only part of an even more incredible story, one which could not be told at the time for legal reasons.

Now, two years later, this documentary reveals the full story of the hours just before the cameras captured that motorway footage, and the even more chilling story of what happened over next 72 hours, which left one of the sisters fleeing the scene of a crime, after she had stabbed a man through the chest.

Those who were at the centre of this fascinating legal case, including the police and Crown prosecution service, reveal the complex issues involved in both bringing charges and taking this disturbing case to trial.

A leading criminal psychiatrist, Dr. Nigel Eastman, explains the difficulties the judicial system has in achieving justice and deciding punishment when dealing with mental illness. He explains the possible causes of the womens’ behaviour, and why, in his view, it could happen again.

Fast

Part of the furniture
I remember when this happened. Will watch it later when im home from work. Intrigued how they got to that point tbh.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I watched it last night the outcome of the court case was baffling.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
the CCTV motorway footage was actually posted on here. at the time I thought "pair of nutters" and dismissed it from my mind. I had no idea at all that the mobile sister went on to kill that fellow. Also I don't understand how they can not talk to the sister who -as they kindly say- relocated and is now in the US.

ileks

Part of the furniture
The police should tazered the fuck out of the stupid bitches when they were struggling on the road. They were a bloody danger to the people in the cars.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Just seen it on Iplayer.

Bloody hell.

Assassins? Super Soldiers? Too many pills in the 90s?

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
why invite a complete stranger to your house, not matter how pretty she is.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
I remember seeing them run across the motorway b4. They were orginally on Traffic Cops or somesuch programme a couple of yrs back? Not seen this one yet tho.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
guess we have to wait a couple years to see episode 2 now.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
The most disturbing part of it for me was the outcome of the court case.

Sentenced to just 5 years - pleaded guilty and already served over 400 days in prison, so her release is obviously sooner than this. Judged to be a low risk as well - no way of keeping her detained.

Awful. :(

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
makes you wonder how many nutters like her are out there walking around among us or soon will be due to ridiculous sentences

This woman is seriously mentally ill. She's killed a man. She needs long term hospitalisation. The law is an ass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom