Mad World number one

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
Well looks like Mad world is gonna be number 1 in the Xmas charts, thank god cause i dont like like the darkness anymore for the simple fact that being a student means that when you go to the union and surrounding clubs its played at least 5 times a night.

grrrrr

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
really? My local indie club has gone pop/hip-hop. :( It used to be a top place to go.

I like both but I would have prefered the darkness to go.

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Doh_boy said:
really? My local indie club has gone pop/hip-hop. :( It used to be a top place to go.

I like both but I would have prefered the darkness to go.
Which club is that Doh Boy?

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
It's 5th ave, last friday I went they had a 'breakout hour' where they played eminem and other shite. After that they started playing all sorts of weird shite. I asked for two songs and both were refused, ratm - Killing in the name of and The coral - Dreaming of you.

The old DJ is in the mutz nutz which is perfect for me because I'm the only one in my group of friends who likes indie clubs. So they goto the dance side and i spend all night in the indie side.

/edit wed's is ok but thats more of the harder stuff and american stuff. Still good fun though. Not as good as a few years ago, my favourite nights were thur and fri. :D

SoWat

Loyal Freddie
When I first heard 'Mad World' I thought the singer was from R.E.M.

It's not a bad cover of the old Tears for Fears song.

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Doh_boy said:
It's 5th ave, last friday I went they had a 'breakout hour' where they played eminem and other shite. After that they started playing all sorts of weird shite. I asked for two songs and both were refused, ratm - Killing in the name of and The coral - Dreaming of you.
Heh, fancy that. We (as in, the people I live with) are in 5th Ave most Thursdays :D Cheap vodka/red bull is bad for my soul though.

fatbusinessman

Fledgling Freddie
Shovel said:
Heh, fancy that. We (as in, the people I live with) are in 5th Ave most Thursdays :D Cheap vodka/red bull is bad for my soul though.
I like vodka Red Bulls.

I miss vodka Red Bulls. :(

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Shovel said:

liver Ben matey, bad for your liver :D

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
I liked it the best out of this crop of singles, although the Avid Merrion one had me singing along a couple of times.

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
I don't really listen to the charts or radio but I'd much rather have a 'normal' song than some silly novelty record at #1 even at Christmas.

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
fatbusinessman said:
I like vodka Red Bulls.

I miss vodka Red Bulls. :(
I'd say I'd drink some for you, but drinking mine stops me sleeping.

On topic: Must say, I'm pretty pleased with the result too, it's a proper song - a really nice cover and (the best bit) it's not Pop Idol.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
A good thing about this xmas no.1 is perhaps more people will see Donnie Darko.

BTW Conchabar, congrats for having the most utterly daft sig evah!

GDW

Fledgling Freddie
Its a great cover, but I doubt it will be remembered as a Christmas song in the future

mank!

Part of the furniture
It's much better than the original imo, the original is too abrasive and lacks the subtlety and sensitivity that Gary Jules' version has. Glad it's number one, was very surprised too.

yay for donnie

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I would have like The Darkness to have won....but this version of Mad World is good.

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
shovel - I can't go in the week anymore! Got a respectible job where hangovers are a bad thing. Well I mean my previous jobs were mcdonalds and bars where near paralysis from pain isn't too much of a bad thing aslong as you can use a till. Still it was fun being in 5th ave on a thur night when I was in work for 8:00 the next day! :D

As for darkness vs Mad world.

Imho mad world is a better song but since the darkness is more christmassy I would have preferred it was number 1.

Chrysalis

Fledgling Freddie
The Darkness should have been #1, it's a proper christmas song like the ones Slade and Wizard made :-D. Mad World is a good song and this is a good version but it's the sort of song you play at a funeral, not an xmas party.

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
Mad world is ok but seriously i think Fairytail of Newyork is much better madworld feels just abit to much pop T_T

SawTooTH

Can't get enough of FH
Anyone know if you can get the Donnie Darko music (not film score as thats just plain weird but has Mad World tagged on the end)

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
SawTooTH said:
Anyone know if you can get the Donnie Darko music (not film score as thats just plain weird but has Mad World tagged on the end)

You'll have to make it yourself as it's not been released, songs are, in order;

The Killing Moon - Echo & The Bunnymen
Head over Heels - Tears For Fears
Notorious - Duran Duran
Proud To Be Loud - The Dead Green Mummies
Love Will Tear Us Apart - Joy Division
Under the Milky Way - The Church
Mad World" - Gary Jules

SawTooTH

Can't get enough of FH
Scooba da Bass said:
You'll have to make it yourself as it's not been released, songs are, in order;

The Killing Moon - Echo & The Bunnymen
Head over Heels - Tears For Fears
Notorious - Duran Duran
Proud To Be Loud - The Dead Green Mummies
Love Will Tear Us Apart - Joy Division
Under the Milky Way - The Church
Mad World" - Gary Jules

Ta for the list (& quick reply)

shanks

Fledgling Freddie
Like mank said, was kinda wierd to find a song that you heard and liked when donnie darko came out played on MTV now when you finally had been able to forget about it. Wonder why they waited so long to put it out, anyone know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom