Mad Max: Fury Road [Trailer]

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Getting a bit worried about murmurings of the film being a bit of a feminist plot , Theron is cast as a kickass character, but people are complaining she overshadows Max in most scenes, there's even a boycott in place.

I hear there may also be black people and other foreigners in it too. Best avoid watching it, can't be too careful.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
I hear there may also be black people and other foreigners in it too. Best avoid watching it, can't be too careful.

Gay black people I've heard, sounds a bit to icky for my liking....Ewwww

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Enjoyed that. I think "relentless" would be a good adjective. Just don't expect it to actually make any sense.

DaGaffer

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Well I care because MadMax is a franchise about a lone warrior who answers to no one and lives a lonely struggle and rejects friendship, I have no problem with feminism and they can write it how they like, but I think it has ruined the character and that shot of Max basically wearing a dominatrix slave mask alongside Theron is just taking the fukin piss...
I'll have to watch Max2 to calm my nerves.

DaGaffer

Well I care because MadMax is a franchise about a lone warrior who answers to no one and lives a lonely struggle and rejects friendship, I have no problem with feminism and they can write it how they like, but I think it has ruined the character and that shot of Max basically wearing a dominatrix slave mask alongside Theron is just taking the fukin piss...
I'll have to watch Max2 to calm my nerves.

Have you seen the film? No? Well shut up then.

Job

OK, no I haven't, but I've read a scene by scene description that basically rounds up the relationship of the characters and sub characters and it's fair to say the original MadMax character has been downgraded enough to the point the film should have been called Furiosa and her side kick Max, it no doubt works, and if it was a new film I would love it, but this is Madmax ffs, this is the equivalent of Taken being his mother coming with him and doing all the shooting.

I'll now wait till I've actually watched it.

DaGaffer

OK, no I haven't, but I've read a scene by scene description that basically rounds up the relationship of the characters and sub characters and it's fair to say the original MadMax character has been downgraded enough to the point the film should have been called Furiosa and her side kick Max, it no doubt works, and if it was a new film I would love it, but this is Madmax ffs, this is the equivalent of Taken being his mother coming with him and doing all the shooting.

I'll now wait till I've actually watched it.

With the exception of the first one, none of the Mad Max films are actually about Max. He's always a wild card in someone else's story; be it the escapees in the Road Warrior who used him as a diversion, or the kids in Beyond Thunderdome who thought he was an entirely different person. This one is no different, and if anything you see more of the inner Max than in those two films.

Job

Well obviously, being a loner, the story would get boring without a situation to deal with and there have been lots of kikass female characters in the films, but they have never overshadowed him and it isn't even about it being a woman, no character should take his central role unless you want to fuk the franchise over.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Gay black people aside; could be a damn good movie with the TORNADOES and explosions. Story? What do you guys mean with story?

Job

OK watched it, relentless does sum it up, well there's plot and story, but c'mon, that was agenda,
chained up in a gimp mask drinking breast milk from a fucking hose, I've seen less weird shit in Hentai.
Didn't like the portrayal of Max at all....ruined...but good film anyway.

Zarjazz

Enjoyed that. I think "relentless" would be a good adjective. Just don't expect it to actually make any sense.

Yeah, that's about my opinion too. Take the chase sequence from MM2, you know crashes, explosions, insane stunts, and you have the first frantic 30 minutes. Then everything gets turned up to eleven.

Sure the plot is bare bones but it was good to see the CGI was kept to a discrete minimum and some of the set pieces and imagery were great.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Fantastic news.

Went to see this yesterday, what a film! Nicholas Hoult was brilliant in it.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Nicholas Hoult has the honour of being the last 'star in a reasonably priced car' on Top Gear

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Nicholas Hoult has the honour of being the last 'star in a reasonably priced car' on Top Gear
I've got such a soft spot for him, genuinely don't think I've seen him in anything bad.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
The following movies need to be made

1. Magician (trilogy) - Raymond E Feist
2. Necroscope (pentalogy) - Brian Lumley

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Feist, only book one tbh. The rest are weak imo. Not read Lumley. Are they worth it, @Lampbacon?

Zarjazz

Feist, only book one tbh. The rest are weak imo.

I totally agree. Though the Empire Trilogy he co-authored later on with Janny Wurts that ran in parallel to Magician was good throughout. I may even have enjoyed it more than the original.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Was bored until the last 30 mins or so, at which point I was just less bored.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Mediocre.

:p

Seriously though, it was what i expected(and more) and said earlier; mad max on steroids.

The best way to say of the experience is; it's like seeing mad max 2 for the first time again.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Oh yeah, forgot to add, i hope the sequel isn't something called "Beyond Boomfactory" and star nicki minaj.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I think it's silly fantastic fun. Immortan Joe is a brilliant antagonist and I love what eventually happens to him. The car chases all seem quite realistic to me.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Just caught up with this thread. Just wanted to add how happy I was that bitch in thunder dome got put in her place! She seemed pretty dark skinned too!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Saw it Friday night. Really enjoyed it. No story to speak of, and @Job had a point - Max is a largely peripheral character - but who gives a fuck eh? It was a really well done action movie.

Oh, and every time I see Charlize Theron she reminds me that even one-armed and covered in muck n' oil I'd hit her hard until my spasming body shrivelled up like an empty prune.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom