Macro

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with true macro lenses, I've recently bought the Canon 100mm f2.8 USM macro and have been tinkering with it for the last day or two, amazing how damn powerful the thing is.

I'm just using it with the stofen at the moment, tempted by the macro-lite but another £450 outlay = bad atm.

Xav

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I bet you'll be covered in ant bites soon.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Tom said:
I bet you'll be covered in ant bites soon.
Nah, I did all that with a 105mm sigma macro and a woodlouse from the garden last week... The novelty has well and truly worn off.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
It worky again now, deebs broke something :)

I've got a bunch of new macro stuff, will upload some other shots in a day or so.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Hmm, deebs did something to the server I think - if you paste the url into a new window it works fine. I'll prod him when he's had some sleep, poor bloke was working late on a friday :(

Tom

I am a FH squatter
This is a shot I took, Fuji Velvia slide film, I set the camera to ISO 40 (it should be 50, but I've read that many people prefer to use 40, as the exposures come out better), on a Canon EOS300. I can't remember the shutter/fstop, but I think the iris will be closed down, and the shutter will be quite fast. It was quite a bright spot.

moss.jpg

Its only some moss, on an old stone bridge. I like the colours :) The glinting in the background is a stream, and the flare is the sun, coming right down into the lens. There is no lens hood on the lens provided with the Canon.

I still think its a bit over exposed, but no matter how hard I try with that camera, its meter always defeats me :(

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Not quite Macro, but as close as I could get with the standard lens on the Canon. Taken in bright sunlight through the window (early morning), I quite like the contrast on this.

statuette.jpg

Ilford black and white film, ISO 50.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
This is the same statuette, but shot on the Sony. 16mm, f2.3, 1/2 second exposure, iso100. Lit with 2 red candles, the one on the left gives a very slight backlight.

statuette%2028-03-04.jpg

Nos

Fledgling Freddie
frog0x.jpg

padlock1.jpg

These are about as close as I can get with my camera :(

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The Lock is very nice, but you might want to consider taking the shot at a different time of day, see if the sun can come further around toward the camera.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom