M16 Sniper

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Has anyone worked out how to use this idiot weapon ?

I am by no means the best sniper in the world, but I can knock off stationary targets with ease, apart from when I use this lame excuse for a gun, I can't hit anything.

I see the shot hit behind the person, I know I am close, but it is never where I put the crosshair. In fact I did some experimentation and it doesn't hit the same place every time either (like left of the centre), during one game I was switching between M40 and M16 and the difference was obvious.

In fact I am more accurate with an unscoped Type 56 than this one.

I can only guess they "downgraded" this weapon because of the larger magazine and quicker semi-auto fire, so the bolt-action and other sniper rifles can get chosen, but I just can't hit anything with it, totally useless.

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
I hit stuff with the m16 + scope just fine :)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I thought it sucked when I tried it and I gave up :)

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
using the m16 as a sniper rifle? *laugh*, just use the M60 like everyone else ;)

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
adams901 said:
using the m16 as a sniper rifle? *laugh*, just use the M60 like everyone else ;)

No, he means the actual M16 with the scope... under the sniper gear?

But yes at anything over a certain range it is pretty useless. Decrease the range or just fire of the whole clip you are bound to hit something.

But it does indeed rock.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
And hes right of course.
Warning thread hijack !

The M60 is the best sniper rifle. Its easily the best up close, and also the best for medium range.And you get to blow up tanks to! This game needs sorting out pronto, or I wouldnt be suprised if people stop playing it :/

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Deadmanwalking said:
Thanks captain obvious!

But i think he more likely forgot/didn't know their are 2 varieties of the M16 in the game.
I was guessing that knowing who it was that said it, and given the title of the thread most people would have known.

Anyone who doesn't probably doesn't know because they just use M60, in which case they can take an extra big ride on my ribbed Pungi stick.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
God Damm M60 Whores.

Choose a weapon of elegance of skill, not stupid look i've got a big gun and it kills everything including my own team from a million miles away.

I hope the patch will be released soon to address this.

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
Deadmanwalking said:
But i think he more likely forgot/didn't know their are 2 varieties of the M16 in the game.

Nah i know, but my life wouldnt be complete without a daily whinge about the M60 ;).

xane

Fledgling Freddie
I tried the M16 Sniper again, and it is definitely very unpredicatable. I'm okay with a single-shot rifle of any type used unscoped and this one is okay, but the sniper view on it is definitely off, I was trying to see where the actual shot lands.

I got sniped at some unbelievable distance by an M60 as well, and I was partially behind a tree ! I think the tag works in it's favour, plus the fact you pull off three or four shots before the thing jumps, making it a virtual instant kill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom