LW or Spear

• Large Weapon

Votes: 30 60.0%
  • Celtic Spear

Votes: 20 40.0%

• Total voters

hrodis

Fledgling Freddie
Been wondering which is best for a hero, LW or Spear?? was thinking for going full LW or Spear and full parry. but not sure. give feed back please.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
never tried spear myself but had a blast with LW

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
I like spear, if your going high parry I would advise it as theres a nice after parry stun/chain. But the LW 50 anihalition move is always tempting...

oranjeboom

Fledgling Freddie
i was spear spec for 2 years on my hero.
changed to LW about 7months ago, and tbh i wouldnt change back.
i think the big plus for being LW, is that you get access to the three damage types, and also ani is v nice.
imo if u solo go 50LW
45 SHIELD
rest in parry.
But yes the parry chain is nice in CS, as is the back chain.
try CS for a while and if u dont like it, its only gonna cost you 2p to respec from CS to LW.. :)

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
also for a noob as me the thing i know is
CS ---> thrust = good vs chain
LW ---> slash/blunt no thrust afaik (that is if SoK glitch is fixed or not for champs, hero is spear for thrust anyhow)

also the choice of arties, LW has acces to most of em (battler/malice/bruiser/SoK) and u can take one for slash/other in blunt version
CS on the other hand hasnt, just SoK & GS
obviously champ weapons comes in both choices

Punishment

Resident Freddy
50 Large wep 42 shield 39 parry with Malice Blunt 2h as large weapon is always nice ... but for solo id go s/s myself ... with blades/blunt giving uber reactioary lines and ml10 warguards + moose + ip2 + purge 3 a hero is one tough nut with s/s :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
If you want to go shield it has to be blunt imo, it is by far the best single hand weapon line in hib, 2 second stun off block (which most people purge) wait a bit then use the 10 second off parry stun (2nd in the chain) you can then get a full side chain off and enough time to start the next chain. It does feel a tad OP sometimes, you can pretty much kill anything 1v1 with little real challenge which makes it quite boring, it comes into its own though vs multiple stealth zergers, archer adds are no problem at all.

i have managed to fit 100 str, 101 con, 95 dex, 80 qui and 400 hits into a blunt/shield temp using the new armour, though it isn't cheap. my current temp is, 100str/101con/90dex/50qui/400 hits which suits me pretty well, that's with using 99% quality new style armour. you have to sacrifice a few magic resists mind but these aren't so bad when you take into account CL resists and the passive hero resists, you could even go as far as getting the empty mind if you find you fight a lot of casters.

As for artefacts SoM, 1h malice as main weapon, battler for the charge, gov, scalers is pretty much all you have to have, Eerie stone is good for utility in your gem slot but not a must. I also use Golden spear for the javelin charge, just afk for 15 minutes when you log on, use the charge, you don't have to have GS equipped to use the javelins. oh and always use a crafted shield and stick a galla heal proc or an omni proc on it, for 1v1 survivability is the most important thing, there are some people out there that hit very hard so anything that helps you and doesn't cost an ability is a huge bonus. You may also want to take a look at the Hero epic, the arms especially, they have a very nice endurance heal proc on them which can be a life saver if your pot timer is down.

If you want to make a LW or CS template you wont be able to reach those caps, you should also aim to make a no weapon template, or at least a template that only needs 10-15 str on the weapon.

Potato Junkie

Fledgling Freddie
hrodis said:
Been wondering which is best for a hero

was going to say a crateload of beer and a big white horse, hon, but voted LW for many reasons already addressed :)

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
CS if you can get your hands on the ML10 one. Amazing proc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom