lvl 20's scammin again

W

wildsorcerer

have i got <mug> tatoed on me forehead < dont answer > coz it seems everytime im in goth i get sum lvl 20 prick askin if i can let him equip my weapons to see what they look like on him ...

any1 else getin this shite ?

its so sad ppl are tryin to scam a lot more thease days plz ppl dont give any cash upfront or lend weapons to ppl u dont knwo V well !

some have been pretendiong to be old alt pals too .. be aware please

also check this prick out
http://www.blizzside.com/DarkWolves/Home/nerner.html

C

Cybwyn

Can't say I've come across this sort of stuff that much; still get plenty of people scrounging money (with varying levels of politeness and success). I've only ever had one person ask if they could 'borrow' Bane 'so I can take a screenshot of me holding it'. Needless to say, they didn't get their screenie.

As for Nerner, yes, he's scum but the people who got scammed by him after repeated warnings are just dumb.

H

hrodelbert

i really don't know whether to laugh or cry at that

G

Graknak

Aye noticed this aswell alot, mostly with the event wep/sidi weps with enamel remover on them. I also get alot of pm's of lvl 1 chars trying to sell me various Epic weps.

L

living

Originally posted by Graknak
Aye noticed this aswell alot, mostly with the event wep/sidi weps with enamel remover on them. I also get alot of pm's of lvl 1 chars trying to sell me various Epic weps.

lot of peopel got lvl 1 mule chars ;)

I

iguk

But why even lend itams to a unknown person? I dont and never ever will:)

C

chretien

As I recall he didn't get banned for scamming - cos if you accept a trade then it's your fault and you can't blame anyone but yourself - but for persistent griefing. He apparently drove several players to quit as a result of his in game abuse tactics, at which point Mythic banned his ass as a griefer.

C

Cybwyn

Originally posted by chretien
As I recall he didn't get banned for scamming - cos if you accept a trade then it's your fault and you can't blame anyone but yourself - but for persistent griefing. He apparently drove several players to quit as a result of his in game abuse tactics, at which point Mythic banned his ass as a griefer.

In other words, once it started to have an impact on Mythic's pockets.

E

ele

The guy who played Nerner also apparently got beaten up IRL because of his in game antics.:rolleyes:

O

old.Bubble

lol personly i though narner was funny as hell

in game stuff isn't half as bad as some fo the stuff they did through :|

O

old.Morchaoron

Originally posted by ele
The guy who played Nerner also apparently got beaten up IRL because of his in game antics.:rolleyes:

would love to see his face then :D :D

well as long as its nothing lethal its quite fun, ive also heard some stories of what happend with some cheaters people finally met irl on lanparties :rolleyes:

from that article:
Actual violence has become so commonplace among computer-game players that concerned authorities even have a term for it that borrows from the game: "off-line PK" (player killings).

O

old.Kerosene

The beating wasn't real but staged. I can't be arsed to find the links and everything so you'll have to trust me on that.

As for scamming, I've never seen anyone try it on Excal. Do you think it might be Excal people rolling on Pryd for some reason trying to piss Pryd off?

S

SoulFly Amarok

Originally posted by old.Kerosene
The beating wasn't real but staged. I can't be arsed to find the links and everything so you'll have to trust me on that.

Captain obvious to the f***ing rescue here ! :D

Tho what were u talking about bubble :eek:

T

Tesla Monkor

Too bad, actually. He deserved a swift beating for the shit he's pulled on other people.

But that is my opinion. ;)

C

cHodAX

Had 2 pm's in 20 mins this morning at Goth asking could they equip some of my stuff to what it looks like on them. Basically told them to go blow a goat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom