Luri Hero

A

AquArius

So, we gonna be able to roll a Luri Hero soon :)

This might just keep my interest in the game goin a little longer now. The new classes in SI don't do a thing for me, so this could be the one.
With their naturally high dex/quick, I think they should be perfect for the job, especially slam etc.
What is the usual spec for a Shield Hero, and is the Spear still considered to be the best wep to use after slamming for 1 on 1's ?

T

tankster

depends who u fight .. cs and lw are both high damage dealing weapons .

but i cant wait to see a luri pierce shield hero :D

I

inuyasha

hehe

Originally posted by tankster
depends who u fight .. cs and lw are both high damage dealing weapons .

but i cant wait to see a luri pierce shield hero :D

im really looking forward to see luri m00ses =)

Anyways, doubt lw and cs is a good idea as luri, since both are 100% strengh based in damage (correct me if im wrong) and blade is at least 40% and pirc 100% dex as well =) Shield pirc m00ses STILL not visible in the grass will pwn this server =))

G

Gahldir

Re: hehe

Originally posted by inuyasha

Anyways, doubt lw and cs is a good idea as luri, since both are 100% strengh based in damage (correct me if im wrong) and blade is at least 40% and pirc 100% dex as well =) Shield pirc m00ses STILL not visible in the grass will pwn this server =))

Pretty sure str is 100% str and pierce 50/50 dex/str

O

old.Reno

blade is at least 40% and pirc 100% dex

Both blade and blunt are 100% strength based, pierce is 50/50 strength/dexterity based.

Danita.

A

AquArius

Shield pirc m00ses STILL not visible in the grass will pwn this server =))

Rofl, indeed :)

I

inuyasha

:flame:

I rarely flame myself, but i must have been sleepy when i wrote this =)

CS is partly based on dex/strenght (good option for luris?)
Blunt and sword and lw as far as i know (not sure) is 100% str?
Pirc is half dex half strengh or full dex, not sure =)

of course worth mentioning that quick increase the attack speed on any weapon, so luris will rock =)

Anyways, parry, evade AND blocking is based mostly on quick/dex, so time to make a new breed :D

A

Anu

LOL a Luri Hero Mini m00se Invasion is coming..

Don't know about the rest of u but i'm making one just for the mini m00se :D

G

Gahldir

Re: Re: hehe

:flame:

I rarely flame myself, but i must have been sleepy when i wrote this =)

CS is partly based on dex/strenght (good option for luris?)
Blunt and sword and lw as far as i know (not sure) is 100% str?
Pirc is half dex half strengh or full dex, not sure =)

of course worth mentioning that quick increase the attack speed on any weapon, so luris will rock =)

Anyways, parry, evade AND blocking is based mostly on quick/dex, so time to make a new breed :D

all 2handed is 100% str in hib, cept staffs that are 100% dex

bows are 0% str but not sure if 100% dex or 50/50 dex/quick

blunt and blade 100% str and pierce is 50/50 str/dex

O

old.Zuljin

Spears are 75% str/25% dex or something like that.. might be 80/20, but cant remember it exact

B

belth

50 weap/42 shield/38 parry or something like that... Doubt they gave a smaller model of m00se for luris, d0rfs have same size model for zerk mode as trolls :p The effect is funny though :)

B

belth

Maybe they should do that for zerks, they might become more trigger happy with the gerbil ;)

A

AquArius

Originally posted by belth
50 weap/42 shield/38 parry or something like that...

K, that's the answer i was looking for. That seems the obvious for shield Luri <cuteness personified> Hero's - thx.

H

<Harle>

First of all: Celtic-Spear damage is 100% str-based, midgard spears (hunter weapon) is partly dex-based.

As for spec I'd go for 50 shield/ 44 Weapon / 37 parry, since most lvl 50 weapon-styles suck anyway, and more blocking rox ;)

K

Kiros

Originally posted by old.Zuljin
Spears are 75% str/25% dex or something like that.. might be 80/20, but cant remember it exact

No, Celtic Spear is 100% str

Q: Which stats affect offensive attacks?

A: Celtic spears use str, all other spears and thrust/pierce weapons use str/dex equally, crossbows use str/dex equally, all other bows use plain dex, swords and hammers use plain str. Staff weapons use str according to my notes, but my friends at The Drunken Friar say (and quite convincingly too) that dex is the modifier for friar staffs. We’re investigating that here at Mythic; I hope to have some followup comments next Friday.

http://www.camelotherald.com/more/321.php

S

spankya

I think pierce/shield/parry luri heroes are the only way to go tbh. CS, LW, blunt and blades are very much based on strength alone, whereas pierce is definately 50/50 dex/str. Luries are pretty weak compared to the like of firbies, but that high dex with make parry and blocking uber :D

As for spec... I would probably go for 50 weapon, 42 shield, rest parry. With mastery of blocking and mastery parry u r gonna be a real tough little fecker to hit :p

O

old.Nol

ask Soulslayer, he has a lvl 44 pierce specced luri hero on gaheris. :D

she is bloody damn cute :D and wicked too - solo'd a red down with her ;)

K

Kobold

hahaa rofl, I def gonna roll a luri m00se :D

Q: Which stats affect offensive attacks?

A: Celtic spears use str, all other spears and thrust/pierce weapons use str/dex equally, crossbows use str/dex equally, all other bows use plain dex, swords and hammers use plain str. Staff weapons use str according to my notes, but my friends at The Drunken Friar say (and quite convincingly too) that dex is the modifier for friar staffs. We’re investigating that here at Mythic; I hope to have some followup comments next Friday.

Hmm this sounds odd, the allso say that bard use emp as mana still? :p

I allways was told and believed that CS is 50% dex and 50% str, and tbh I still think so :rolleyes:

And all staffs are 100% dex icluded friars, even if they have str as one of primery skills (god dam mythic).

As for pierce I allways believed it's 100% dex, but might accept it's 50/50 dex/str....anyways I'll go for 42 shield 50 pierce, rest parry.

:m00: <----:great:

B

belth

Originally posted by &lt;Harle&gt;
As for spec I'd go for 50 shield/ 44 Weapon / 37 parry, since most lvl 50 weapon-styles suck anyway, and more blocking rox ;)

I'd prefer higher natural Weapskill to small increase in blocks, altough I've been hearing only good about Brutalize...

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by belth

I'd prefer higher natural Weapskill to small increase in blocks, altough I've been hearing only good about Brutalize...

from what I have heard, specced 50 has a noticable better blockrate then say 42+8.

O

old.Sko

Fact is 50+ weapon provides better increase to weaponskill then increase below natural 50.

S

SingerOfSoul

i have a luri hero on us...
started off pierce up to 40 then rolled blades.
and yes the graphic for luri hero is smaller bout half the size of a firby moose

A

AquArius

Singer....

How do u find the comparison between pierce & blades, and r u maxing wep and going with 42 shield ?

S

SingerOfSoul

pierce imho has shit styles for anything with less than evade2
i went blades for the horizon blade > dancing blade > prismatic blade block style

current hero spec is at lvl 44

44blades (staying at 44)
44shield (going to 50)
LW6 (got an azure avenger and it looks kickass in SI)
rest parry

edit: pic of minimoose is in sig guys

E

elerand

Originally posted by SingerOfSoul
pierce imho has shit styles for anything with less than evade2
i went blades for the horizon blade > dancing blade > prismatic blade block style

current hero spec is at lvl 44

44blades (staying at 44)
44shield (going to 50)
LW6 (got an azure avenger and it looks kickass in SI)
rest parry

edit: pic of minimoose is in sig guys

Well a good combo for shield/pierce is slam/tarantula.

Tarantula is a very nice block style, good dmg, long bleed and not much end use. What's more you can use it off blocks made by other people in your grp on a mob you are attacking, even if they only block an attack on themselves, so long as you are both attacking the same mob. Don't know if it's broken somehow but that's how it is :)

A

angrysquirrel

spear = 100% str
pierce = 50 str/50 dex

heros do not get a dex increase every lvl... its obvious wot to do (and yes you must have 42 shield) you guys go figure !

A

AquArius

Originally posted by angrysquirrel
spear = 100% str
pierce = 50 str/50 dex

heros do not get a dex increase every lvl... its obvious wot to do (and yes you must have 42 shield) you guys go figure !

Erm...Is the answer 'Celtic Spear' ? I hope so :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom