Luri Champs...

S

spankya

I know this has come up before, but I would like to know what people think is best for a luri shield champ please.... blunt, pierce or blades and why? And how u would spend the spec points :) Crush was a good way to spec for rvr but now SC has come in, many poeple will have high or max melee resists of all types, so am wondering whats best. Personally I would think pierce spec would be best, but not certain.

S

StormriderX

I'd say blades were more shield friendly as far as styles are concerned.

S

SingerOfSoul

hi lvl blunt is better than blades
tou have the 4 style block chain that ends up with better effects than the 3style block chain in blades

O

old.Sko

Its a gimp. Only occasion when shield champ managed to kill my infi - when i was OOE, at 75% health and without backup knifes to treat him with lifebane. LW champ provides much more challenge to fight.
(And i dont have fa/ip - lame skills imo).

V

VodkaFairy

My champ is a luri with LW and it's really great, better than a any weapontype + shield champ in my opinion :)

If you really want to go shield then I don't know which weapontype.. blunt seems to work fine.

S

spankya

Originally posted by old.Sko
Its a gimp. Only occasion when shield champ managed to kill my infi - when i was OOE, at 75% health and without backup knifes to treat him with lifebane. LW champ provides much more challenge to fight.
(And i dont have fa/ip - lame skills imo).

lol nice work.

I think I'll be going pierce/shield spec for rvr :) The speed with pierce should be nice I think and damage will be pretty decent

Well sko, I'll just drag my mega gimped char back to Coruscating Mines and get back to soloing red and purp mobs in the hope that 1 day I might get ungimped. Wish my char was ungimped(which apparently it is) then I could solo the dragon probably :p

S

StormriderX

think if you are playing shield champ then you are leaning towards caster support role which is why I recommended blades. The standard s/s champ spec is 50 valor 42 shield (slam) and 39 weapons rest parry. At 39 weapon you get spectrum blade the second part of the fireblade combo with has a attack speed debuff which might be helpful for slowing down the mofo bashing your caster ;).

B

Brennik

Assuming you're going for 39 weapon/42 shield/50 valor/crap parry spec. Blades does have the always useful Fire -> Spectrum blade combo and the "suitable classes" (i.e. vulnerable or neutral to slash) cover all alb classes and most of middie ones (the exceptions being mid chain classes). Pierce has less "suitable targets", though the styles are nicer and lurikeen is built on dex and fast weapons. The long anytime chain and then you got Diamondback, but that's not really an issue as you got Slam. Someone else needs to comment on the blunt styles, don't have any experience with them. The parry chain with stun is nice, but you won't have 50 blunts and you're not gonna be the target most of the time (see below).

As your main use will be as a mage/bard guard, I guess reactionary styles are a bit useless. Your targets will be the enemy tanks, as they will be pouring at the people you're protecting. That'd basically support blades for (probably) more damage. Is the damage more than you'll get from dex/str based pierce is the question I can't answer.

O

old.Sko

Originally posted by spankya

lol nice work.

I think I'll be going pierce/shield spec for rvr :) The speed with pierce should be nice I think and damage will be pretty decent

Well sko, I'll just drag my mega gimped char back to Coruscating Mines and get back to soloing red and purp mobs in the hope that 1 day I might get ungimped. Wish my char was ungimped(which apparently it is) then I could solo the dragon probably :p

Dont succumb to the evil of ss spec ;) Make LW champ :)
PS. Just a thought - if you want a slambot - wait two weeks and make a luri hero - should be ultimate at blocking and slamming stuff ;)
PPS. Mobs in corus dont run around you, dont debuff and stun after evading your hit. Also they dont have nasty habit of perfing midfight if they think odds are not in their favor at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread