News Lucky Bastard!

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
So, I went Mauritius on Holiday in November did lots of diving and snorkelling. Whilst diving one day I scraped my shin on corel. Within a couple of days the whole shin started to look very angry and bruised below the surface, after rubbing some savalon into the skin I woke up next morning and it was gone. Thought nothing more if it. Until, over a month later I kept getting repeated problems with the shin swelling and again a large red mass below the skin. Also, strangly for me I kept falling asleep at old times in the day even twice at work and feeling knackered all the time.

Wife finally managed to drag me kicking and screaming to the doctors after a weekend of feeling like I had flu and the shin was swollen again. As soon as I showed the doctor the shin she went in a mini panic and got another doc in to look at it. I was taken staright to hospital and and put on broad spectrum penicillin for 'severe cellulitis'. Six IV bags of penicillin later and it looks like the infection is beat. Will still have to take oral doses for up to a month to make sure. But at least I will keep my leg and life. this thing can be fatal in 30% of cases if left untreated too long.

So, lesson learned. If you get a cut or even bite (insect) that does not heal properly keep an eye on it. If your ankles swell and either shin looks red get your arse to the doctors quickly. Cellulitis favourite place to appear, no matter where the original infection started is the shin, other areas are rare but possible.

Surgical-tutor.org.uk - a free online surgical resource

I just had a very lucky escape from this and would hate anyone else to let it go untreated too long.

Hopefully out of hospital for the weekend. Gonna miss the nurses ;)

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Glad your ok and WHAT THE FUCK is that second picture down? Looks like you were lucky with it in your shin :eek:

Ezteq

Queen of OT
ow nasty, I've seen it IRL when I used to work in the nursing home and t'aint pretty...also saw gaping festering leg ulcers but wn't go into that Oo

Glad you are alright and that your wife was tough enough to drag you to the Dr, get well soon matey!

/hug

Olgaline

FH is my second home
yup!
Thats what I've always said, never go to Mauritius!

glad to heare your ok ;)

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
ew lucky escape..

and Ez, NO, tales of old peoples festering bits are just wrong.... <feels dirty and goes off to wash>

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Crikey, that was a close call, a few more days and you could have been fucked. Glad to hear you are on the mend.

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
the second picture is clearly a blokes very small dick and very big balls.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
ew lucky escape..

and Ez, NO, tales of old peoples festering bits are just wrong.... <feels dirty and goes off to wash>

but but but, look at your avitar,Holy Mackeral Sam, you're a doctor!!

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Glad your ok and WHAT THE FUCK is that second picture down? Looks like you were lucky with it in your shin :eek:

yeah 2nd picture down, pretty sure i'd rather die!

Glad you're ok Hawk :)

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture

zomgb.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom