Lower League Football

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Well, due to changing circumstance, I've recently become a Rochdale AFC fan. Been to about 8 home games now and I've actually really enjoyed it. It's a real breath of fresh air compared to the dirty, whining, cheating, moaning, up-their-own-arses Premiership tossers who have conspired to really put me off football over the last couple of years.

I'm just wondering what teams other people on here will admit to supporting and how they think the experience compares to supporting a big club.

Marc

FH is my second home
Fleetwood town FC. On the verge of promotion to the Blue Square North.

Quite enjoy watching them tbh

soze

I am a FH squatter
I am an Arsenal fan but last season and this i have been going to watch Colchester United with mates (when arsenal are not playing) what i think standards of football not the same so not as enjoyable that way but good atmosphere and fun probably more banter than at the Emirates. Also when the goalie hoofs the ball they all shout hoof and when it bounces they all shout boing fooking funny. Plus about £70 cheaper :)

Himse

FH is my second home
To be honest, football is football, i mean for example small clubs seem to give big clubs a run for their money

like Southend beat Man Utd at Roots Hall ;)

Football is Football at the end of the day, no matter how much u pay your players it could go either way.

Everz

FH is my second home
Well, i'm Wolves through and through.. but on now and then have watch Willenhall Town, 2 levels below the Blue Square North, lost the play-off final for promotion last season.

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Well Rochdale guaranteed themselves a playoff spot with a 1-0 win over Morecambe on Saturday. Going to the big derby grudge match next Saturday against Bury at Gigg Lane, then last game of the season is at home against Shrewsbury.

Automatic Promotion is still a possibility, but need some favours from other teams for that to happen. Quite looking forward to the playoffs actually, might even get to see the new Wembley. If I have to drive from Bradford to Wycombe on a Tuesday night for the first round though, I will be annoyed!

About the best we can hope for is Darlington, which isn't too far to travel really. Stockport is even closer, but don't want to play them! Think they're in the best form of any team in the country right now!

Everz

FH is my second home
I'd hate to end up playing Rochdale in the playoffs, there a viciously good team in good form atm, first promotion in something like 34 yrs aint it if you pull it off

Killswitch

FH is my second home
I'd hate to end up playing Rochdale in the playoffs, there a viciously good team in good form atm, first promotion in something like 34 yrs aint it if you pull it off

Yup...got to say that the current run of form coincides with me meeting my new missus and starting going to the matches. Fuck Keith Hill, I'M the reason Rochdale are going up! :D

ileks

Part of the furniture
Been a fan, and had a season ticket at Leyton Orient since i was about 10. Think it was £130 this season and only £30 the one before that :)

Everz

FH is my second home
Been a fan, and had a season ticket at Leyton Orient since i was about 10. Think it was £130 this season and only £30 the one before that :)

How's the flats going :p

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Forest fan for my pains and give me an away day to Man Utd anyday of the week over Carlisle!

Footballs shits , grounds are shite (apart from 4 or 5 in League 1) and theres more atmosphere at a funeral.

Everz

FH is my second home
Forest fan for my pains and give me an away day to Man Utd anyday of the week over Carlisle!

Footballs shits , grounds are shite (apart from 4 or 5 in League 1) and theres more atmosphere at a funeral.

What happened at your ground, tis like a fcking morgue at times

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Aldershot :)

Got promotion last week to the league after 16 years of being out of it when the club went bankrupt.

Everz

FH is my second home
Aldershot :)

Got promotion last week to the league after 16 years of being out of it when the club went bankrupt.

Nice one mate, makes me sick that you lot went through that and MK Dongs were just handed a league spot.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
Am an Arsenal fan but used to always go to Oxford utd matchs, now that im in Bristol i try to go to all the city matchs but due to uni it gets kinda limited.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
im a saints fan, and although we're currently in the champo, we'll be lower league next year.

Marc

FH is my second home
Neither St Helens, nor St George Illawara play football.

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie

Yeah, but you are only 12 now :p

I am someone who supports a club that has seen both sides of this, from top of the Premiership in 2002 to bottom of League 1 in 2007. And this season of football has been the best I have seen in many years at least from my teams point of view. But the one thing about the lower league teams is the number of teams that just come to just stop your side from playing, then have no real ideas of there own and theres a fair number of players who quite frankly are stealing a living playing football down in the lower leagues.

But whether its Liverpool or Leyton Orient the feeling you get when your team scores and wins against them is just the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom