low population issues + some thoughts about camlann

foolou

Fledgling Freddie
Am I the only one thinking that it was the bug-exploit that broke camlann's neck?

I remember more ppl logging in at primetime after the patch in february, till the day they had to rerole for a week because of these donkeyheads spamming the entire server with cheated money.

They banned a lot of peeps afterwards .. all the promotion here to go to us-pvp-server might have been because ppl got banned on camlann. (ofc few would admit that)

So sad as it is, Camlann is dieing because goa introduced a known bug back to a server with enough of weak minded ppl killing the entire server-economy with it.
Difficult to blame one or the other side, some things just happen with noone being really responsible.

(If you got like 100 dudes, chances are 99.9% that at least one of them is so stupid that he can't reflect the results of his actions, and the other side has no time/not enough ppl to check every single bug in time .. mistakes just happen)

Anyway there is little to do on Camlann now, keepraids are ridiculous now, no ml-raids, and with the 24h-penalty on bp/rp for killing the same guy again even the remaining pvp in gothwaite is questionable.

If possible they should cluster Gothwaite with the rvr-servers maybe and make it available as battleground :)

But being realistic .. with 30-40 People playing Camlann at primetime it's of no use for goa to care about anything happening on the server.

So I guess .. that's it.

Bruzee Willis

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Am I the only one thinking that it was the bug-exploit that broke camlann's neck?

I remember more ppl logging in at primetime after the patch in february, till the day they had to rerole for a week because of these donkeyheads spamming the entire server with cheated money.

They banned a lot of peeps afterwards .. all the promotion here to go to us-pvp-server might have been because ppl got banned on camlann. (ofc few would admit that)

So sad as it is, Camlann is dieing because goa introduced a known bug back to a server with enough of weak minded ppl killing the entire server-economy with it.
Difficult to blame one or the other side, some things just happen with noone being really responsible.

(If you got like 100 dudes, chances are 99.9% that at least one of them is so stupid that he can't reflect the results of his actions, and the other side has no time/not enough ppl to check every single bug in time .. mistakes just happen)

Anyway there is little to do on Camlann now, keepraids are ridiculous now, no ml-raids, and with the 24h-penalty on bp/rp for killing the same guy again even the remaining pvp in gothwaite is questionable.

If possible they should cluster Gothwaite with the rvr-servers maybe and make it available as battleground :)

But being realistic .. with 30-40 People playing Camlann at primetime it's of no use for goa to care about anything happening on the server.

So I guess .. that's it.

Bruzee Willis

Don't forget to lock the door as you leave :p

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Seen this thread, seen the outcome and know what's going to happen.

Camlann has been dead for a while.

enkor

Can't get enough of FH
camlann has been dead for a lot longer than "since february"

ps gothwaite is a horrible pvp zone

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I agree with Enkor.

This is one of them topics where you either say very very little, or start a huge discussion on "what they could have done".

I cba to bother

Amildin

Can't get enough of FH
tell more about the money scam? does sound funny

Bahumat

FH is my second home
tell more about the money scam? does sound funny

Remember the Ancient Copper Necklace quest for albion? iirc you could spam /s <some quest word> and the dumbass npc would say "oh hi, yeah have some gold and xp".

It only worked on armsmen i think, either way my little brother got from 1 to 50 in an hour with 30 plat lol.

Overdriven

Remember the Ancient Copper Necklace quest for albion? iirc you could spam /s <some quest word> and the dumbass npc would say "oh hi, yeah have some gold and xp".

It only worked on armsmen i think, either way my little brother got from 1 to 50 in an hour with 30 plat lol.

Didn't everyone who do that get like banned or something though?

friky

Fledgling Freddie
imo u cant get band.. ur just tiping something ur not doing anything wrong... GOAs fult that npc is giving u stuff

Overdriven

imo u cant get band.. ur just tiping something ur not doing anything wrong... GOAs fult that npc is giving u stuff

Yes. It was like the RP exploit. Becuase they code it wrong means you can exploit it!

kingkong

Fledgling Freddie
all my guild was banned cause of this bug cause of kuhan he gives money to my guild and they get banned goa think this is fair?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
all my guild was banned cause of this bug cause of kuhan he gives money to my guild and they get banned goa think this is fair?

HAHAHA Owned!

Overdriven - what they did was make trial accounts, make 300 plat then buy things off their mains Houses which were heavily overpriced. Also they bought up everything in Housing causing the "dodgy money" to be taken back by GOA. Fuck knows how they tracked the gold but I guess they just checked large transactions.

Loads of people got banned because people had their items bought iirc.

Amildin

Can't get enough of FH

why doesnt it surprise me your bro was in on the act...

and imo its your guilds fault for talking to kuhan :puke:

foolou

Fledgling Freddie
I had a funny conversation with someone telling me about the cash-exploit (2 or 3 days before the serverroleback).
I told him right away that he should stay away from that and that it would lead to total collapse of the trading system and GOA would have to react on that .. but I guess he thought because so many used it, it would be ok.

Ofc he got banned.

I'd really like to know how much RP/ML's went into nirvana because of that one bug.

The discussion about 'rightfully' using a bug like that is just foolish. The rules about that are pretty clear. I guess cheaters need some way to justify their behavior, so they come up with those theories.

kingkong

Fledgling Freddie
hahahahahahahahahahaha

not funny cause my guild was banned and we dont use bug, we go to housing zone and stupid kuhans guild has all mansions 10 of them in a line i report to goa and they dont get banned just my guild and other fellow players. goa dont appreciate the good players poor support and now is end of camlann for many.

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
think the entire guild did enough to deserve a ban, think most camlann players did enough to deserve a ban by GOA standards

/craft hib anyone?

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
target macro are just lame, not cheating

/craft hib made you get to places where you can't get any other way

enkor

Can't get enough of FH
no one else knows the /faceloc one.... thats why its cool ;)

Feylamia

Fledgling Freddie
I never learned to lagjump, though I tried it for about 3 years. Shame on me!

At least I figured out how to shoot volleys out of walls...

Bahumat

FH is my second home
no one else knows the /faceloc one.... thats why its cool ;)

You told me this ages ago. It's when a dirty Reaver Slams you, wait till he run's behind for Levi and type /faceloc 0 0 and your char faces another direction meaning the levi fails :)

Amildin

Can't get enough of FH
You told me this ages ago. It's when a dirty Reaver Slams you, wait till he run's behind for Levi and type /faceloc 0 0 and your char faces another direction meaning the levi fails :)

haha enkor taught me that one too, your a sick **** enkor :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom