Low cost Broadband service.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Basically, I don't use the internet much anymore, 7-8 hours a week when compared to 20+ when i was younger so paying £40 odd quid a month to have the best internet doesn't seem favorable in my way.

So i'm wondering can anyone recommend some gd cheap internet providers.

I'm leaning towards the old BT Broadband simply because it is only £24.99, allows networked internet and offers free modem/connection etc.

Any thoughts?

Belgerath

One of Freddy's beloved
2 meg line £17.99 a month Tiscali free connection Free modem :) Giv Rep point for that :D

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Belgerath said:
2 meg line £17.99 a month Tiscali free connection Free modem :) Giv Rep point for that :D

It has been done.

Btw, nice rates on that :eek:

xRedfieldx

Fledgling Freddie
NO NO NO NO Do yourself a favour and DONT EVER sign up with Tiscali!

I recently changed from BT to Tiscali because they were a tenner cheaper, and they are HORRIBLE!

Every day guaranteed you would start getting low speeds, connection drops etc at about 4pm until the end of the night.
Gaming was horrible, every 5 minutes or so my daoc lag metre would all go red for about 7 seconds - all night every day.

Ive been lucky that theyve let me out of my contract and cancel the account, their techies say that since they advertised theyve taken on too many new customers so theyre over congested in prime time and cant handle the amount of people LOL

Anyway another i found is UKOnline www.ukonline.net no idea if theyre any good but you can get broadband for 9-99 a month.

Frozodo

Fledgling Freddie
im using bulldog and is very pleased with it, not too high prices and good rate:D

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Frozodo said:
im using bulldog and is very pleased with it, not too high prices and good rate:D

Just wait till you want support :p

www.adslguide.org

Wont try and sell you what I use or give a biased opinion other than I personally wouldnt use any suggested in this thread, check out the link read the forums make up your own mind work out whats most important to you price, customer service, speed of service or reliability then make your choice.

Dandare

Fledgling Freddie
Frozodo said:
You have been very lucky then I'm finding them a fooking nightmare and wish I never swapped.
Apart from intermitent connection which is naff all use to me playing DoaC and Bidding on Ebay at last minute,which to be fair to them I think they have sorted after 3 months by turning noise reduction right up thus losing more speed.....so heres hoping <fingers crossed>
There customer service is a joke that ain't funny and most technical support is done by email....what fecking use is that if you can't log on???? lol
I was attracted by the 17.50 for first 6 months and 8mb connection.
8mb is bullshit cos a standard BT line won't support it until 2007 and all depends how far you live from exchange.
My first bill for first month 141 quid and noticed recently I'm getting charged full price and not 17.50 after all.
All in all Bulldog don't make me a happy bunny at all :(
Avoid if you enjoy gaming and want a stress free life imo
By the way I don't normally slag a company so publicy but Bulldog have pushed me to the limits :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom