Low cost Alchemy.

M

Mirhen Morkir

Are you are fed up with stupidly inflated markups for Alchemy tinctures ?

Inecux is selling all Alchemy products for less a 20% markup in general, and a 10% to Alliance members.

So for that reactive ablative tincture just 300g, as opposed to the 350-450g some other Alchemists are charging.

E

elerand

Good luck to inecux, I've talked with a few other higher lvl alchs and even our customers normally agree that 350g (discounts sometimes as well) is a fair price for the customer and crafter.
Hell one alch even owes 10p to some people who helped him pay for his alch, not much chance of him paying that back anytime soon :D

Customers aren't going to stay loyal with prices like that but there you have it, I may just quit alch and consider 20p a loss, spending 4-5 hours of my day fulfilling customers orders for so little gain is pointless now, time to organise more xp raids and carry on lvling my baby animist :)

M

Mirhen Morkir

Well I see sub 20% markups as a fair price, if you don't, that's not really my problem.

Inecux - LGM Alchemist.

K

Kobold

I get all alchemy very cheap from Noche cause I give him sweet wub :D

sjiraf.JPG

L

lofff

the trick is to have friends xD then everything is cheaper ~~

ps: altho u may end up pling their alts and such ;p

K

Kobold

nah then i just threten with stopping to have sweet wub every night with him ^^

E

elerand

Originally posted by Mirhen Morkir
Well I see sub 20% markups as a fair price, if you don't, that's not really my problem.

Inecux - LGM Alchemist.

I never said it was a problem, just IMO it's too low :)

I know the theme here, it's like cutting prices to gain a larger market share, less profit per tincture but more overall.
I'm not into a price war, you want to be doing all the work go right ahead, I'll just stick to taking care of my guild, gives me more time for taking care of other things anyway ;)

M

Mirhen Morkir

Wrong, my only interest was to sell tinctures at reasonable prices, would you buy your weapons and armour at 50-200% markups ? I don't see why people should pay 50-200% markups for alchemy and spellcrafting.

If other alchemists want to drop their prices, that's up to them, I'm not forcing anyone to do anything.

E

elerand

Originally posted by Mirhen Morkir
Wrong, my only interest was to sell tinctures at reasonable prices, would you buy your weapons and armour at 50-200% markups ? I don't see why people should pay 50-200% markups for alchemy and spellcrafting.

If other alchemists want to drop their prices, that's up to them, I'm not forcing anyone to do anything.

I have paid that for items yes, I have no problem at all with paying for hard work.
I also tip ;)
Got a lot of crafters in guild tho and normally I pay for weapons/armour at cost+retries, I give extra on top tho because I appreciate what someone else did for me.

The number of people paying more than 40% on alch is very small (and that's generally on reactives only), since there are very few alchs at that lvl, sc is a different ballgame with a lot more sc'ers of 1k+ skill who can do the work that is needed.

Sorry but you are forcing people to drop prices, I assume your going to be expecting a lot of work and are prepared for it, once you get customers at your prices the other alchs will have to drop prices to compete, so if they want to carry on doing business they have to remain competitive with you, doesn't matter what the markups are in the end, if people could get tinctures from somewhere less than the price you charge they would after all.

End of topic for me, I'll just get on with xp :)

N

Noche

30-40% IMO, and ofc dairy different disccounts depending on ya lucky ^_-

And Kobbie woot u said about luv? o_O

350g is usually a good price for all, buying more and u pay less etc.

Users who are viewing this thread