News Lottery Winners

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Why is it harsh? They got a suspended sentence.

The article doesn't give the full story but we do know that between them they admitted to fraud and theft. They didn't just "find" the ticket there was clearly some deception going on as well.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
The were fraudsters and pretended to be the person(s) written on the back of the ticket. They deserve all that they get, fuckers.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
It reads as if they found the ticket on the floor and cashed it in?

Why is that theft?

Edmond

where does it say there was anything written on the back of the ticket?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
The Staceys admitted charges of making a false representation, and Amanda Stacey also admitted theft. They were given 11-month suspended sentences.
Police were brought in after Dorothy McDonagh proved to lottery firm Camelot that the ticket was hers, The Sun newspaper reported.

Um, in this paragraph. The way I intepret the law the person knowingly knew they were mis representing themselves in order to obtain a gain. This is in mind meant that something was written on the back of the ticket.

If the ticket was blank and the original owner lost it how could they ever ever know it was theirs or indeed prove it was? If it had their name on it and Camelot announced that Mrs X, from Y just won £30,000 and you were that person and didn't receive any money it would raise alarm bells.

Edmond

i read it as it was their word against hers, doesn't say anything about the ticket being written on

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Edmond, it would not have been one word against another as neither party could prove the ticket was theirs. Like I said, how would you know that I had your winning ticket and cashed it in without you filling in the back? (ie you lost it in a shop and it was blank)

Edmond

We are reminding players to keep their tickets safe and fill out their names and addresses on the back. That way there can be no dispute.

this tells me that they hadn't filled out the back of the ticket, otherwise why would they be making this statement

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
That is merely saying fill out both sections....

Edmond

what do you mean both sections? I'm looking at the back of one now, and it just has a couple of lines for the name and address?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I think that the original owner only put her name on it and not her address. We could go on for hours, personally I think they deserve everything they get, fucking wasters. I was brought up better than that.

Edmond

Hmmmmmmmmmm..........

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
We shall continue this tomorrow night when we are dressed up and you can join in. Dressing up as a Cow Girl? Bat Girl? Wonder Woman? Super Woman? Cat Woman?

russell

FH is my second home
Are you. Jolly good... can't wait to see the quick changes!!;)

Edmond

I'm going as a lottery millionaire

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I'm going as a lottery millionaire

I thought you told me you'd gotten this costume...

dickhead.jpg

;)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Hehe, I gotta text my bro in Vietnam to see if I can borrow a set of his shoes. Could always leave a postit note where they would normally be and hope for the best. When I went to the fancy dress shop bumped into someone I knew but not her name. OOps. It was the wife of the guy who lives in Farnham with the shed business.

God my memory is so shit I feel ashamed. Was stood there talking for like 10-15 minutes and couldn't remember her name. Oh, they could be the ones that drop me off each time at my house with the flatbed pickup.

Fuckit, I will get my coat....

Edmond

Damn TdC, i told you that in confidence

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
oh! sorry to spoil your surprise mate :(

Edmond

Her name is Tracey.......... they throw you out at your house cos your so pissed

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I vaguely remember the last time, I spent most of the journey talking to one of their kids. I am sure we discussed nuclear physics and things like that :p

Tracey is it, I remember now. Btw, is Richard M going?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Richard from Sandhurst??? Ie, Richard that lived opposite me?

Edmond

Yes, there are only 2 Richard M's and the other Richard M is going, as its his party

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
oh my, not seen him in like years and years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom