Lotr - Ttt

O

Ono

I'm likely to buy the Korean Tin in late August and the the Region 1 Gollum set in November.

lotrtin.jpg

gollumset.jpg

E

Embattle

You have issues Ono, go to the Doc's and tell them of your box fetish...you remind me of kids at Christmas, they play with the box that the present was packaged in ;)

M

mank!

Why not just buy every version of it Ono?

N

Nos-

Ono is officially the worlds biggest nerd :/

T

Tom

Just wait another 12 months for the super duper 36-disc set in 13 boxes to be released, in special tin foil.

M

Meatballs

i prefer my dvds to come in cling film

C

.Cask

Haven't yet but it will most likely be the standard box extended edition when I do.

I really hope they aren't gonna release extended extended editions at the end of next year. Because if they do I'll most likely be getting them in .avi format.

N

nath

Hot diggety damn, am I the only one who thought lord of the rings (1 and 2) were totally overrated?

O

old.ignus

Yes!

I've had my copy since it was released in the cinema.

S

Scooba Da Bass

Originally posted by nath
Hot diggety damn, am I the only one who thought lord of the rings (1 and 2) were totally overrated?

No you weren't.

D

dysfunction

I'm going to pre order it.

I'm going to get the 4 disk extended version like I did with the first film.

Ono is nuts as he always buys more than 1 version of the same film!

S

Scouse

Originally posted by Meatballs
i prefer my dvds to come in cling film

I believe that Uber-Geek Ono likes to come in cling film too....

but that's a whole other story :eek7:

A

Ash!

Ordered it through Play.com

Usually comes a few days early

C

Ch3tan

Whats a good website for comparing the various region versions of dvd's these days ono? The one I used to use is hardly updated now.

As unlike you I can only afford ttt once, I need to know I am getting the best possible version :)

E

ECA

Nope, I fully agree with you.

O

old.Fweddy

Isn't there an askono.com?

That round tin does look very swish though. Is there anything I should know If I were to consider purchasing one? (i.e. will they all be speaking foreign and will it play on my computer, etc?)

M

mank!

Originally posted by Tom[SHOTTEH]
Just wait another 12 months for the super duper 36-disc set in 13 boxes to be released, in special tin foil.

Does it come with a baked tater?

M

mank!

Ono, where are you ordering the Gollum boxset from? It's £34.99 on amazon and I usually order from there, just wondered if you know anywhere cheaper? I don't really know anywhere except the obvious places for DVDs

T

Tom

Ahem you do all realise that these box sets are just a ploy to relieve you of your hard-earned? Most of the time they arrive with pretty shoddy documentaries (promotional videos).

Just wait for the 3rd DVD to arrive, then you'll get the lot in one box.

M

mank!

Doesn't bother me, it's not my hard-earned cash and it's not for me anyway :>

D

dysfunction

My guess is he's getting the Gollum one from DVDSoon

J

Jonny_Darko

I don't understand how anyone can say that. I know, you're entitled to your opinion. But I can't imagine anyone not seeing the genius with which the books have been brought to life.

I've been a huge Peter Jackson fan for about 10 years. Yes, Braindead and Bad Taste were shallow schlock but you could always tell there was a brilliant filmaker under there. Heavenly Creatures and The Frighteners just proved that point, and imho with TFOTR and TTT he's proven himself to have more talent in one finger than George SucksAss will ever have.

King Kong for Jackson next. Bring it on!

J

Jonny_Darko

Originally posted by mank!
Ono, where are you ordering the Gollum boxset from? It's £34.99 on amazon and I usually order from there, just wondered if you know anywhere cheaper? I don't really know anywhere except the obvious places for DVDs

I'll push to get a decent price sorted for it. Last year we had a good price and a free hardback book (good book it was, too). Hopefully we'll be able to do the same again.

<plug>On another note we are giving the book away with the standard DVD, which is priced at an extremely reasonable £15.99.

http://shop.game.net/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=11211&mid=272960</plug>

O

Ono

Yes, dysfunction is correct.

I am waiting for DVDSoon to put up the Gollum set on pre-order then I am in there.

They delivered my Bookend Set last year with no customs so I'll stick with them.

S

Scooba Da Bass

Braidead >>>>>>>>> LOTR

The last one needs a lawnmower scene.

E

Embattle

If they're outside the EU then they should pay VAT :(

M

mank!

Originally posted by Ono
Yes, dysfunction is correct.

I am waiting for DVDSoon to put up the Gollum set on pre-order then I am in there.

They delivered my Bookend Set last year with no customs so I'll stick with them.

How much was the Bookend set from DVDSoon? I got mine for about £40 iirc

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom