LotR - Return of the King

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Considering the bumper weekend it had at the box office I'm amazed there isn't a thread on this here at FH already, have none of you guys seen it?

fatbusinessman

Fledgling Freddie
RotK == w1n.

Discussion, end of.

(Oh, and the bit with Legolas and the elephant is just sickening)

frogster

Fledgling Freddie
Velly good.
Really enjoyed it..altho, dont sit in a cinema with bad seats.
Oh and if your knees/back is hurting towards the end, you can leave 20 mins before the end...no really, you can..

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
I've been tempted to get film 2 on DVD, but having just seen RotK we're going to wait and get the 3 in some form of compilation... I can't believe that some cinemas will be showing all three in a row soon... utter madness

Patriarch

Fledgling Freddie
I've got FotR and TTT Extended Editions and they are well worth it. I would have liked to have been able to buy the trilogy in a compilation but I couldn't wait that long, and I didn't want to buy the theatrical versions and then buy extended versions later.

fatbusinessman

Fledgling Freddie
I've currently got the standard editions of FotR and TTT. Will probably get the standard edition of RotK, and then some kind of "Full trilogy extended edition" as and when it comes out.

Anul

Fledgling Freddie
Rotk was a very good movie but they changed a few things from the books but thats only to be expected they did a good job anyways and everyone should go see it !

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
IT NEVER ENDS!

But otherwise, it's a magnificent film, and a fantastic trilogy.

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
I'm going to see it early January, when I come back from Austria with teh missus.

Sometimes, I wish I lived in a city.

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
Anul said:
Rotk was a very good movie but they changed a few things from the books but thats only to be expected they did a good job anyways and everyone should go see it !

Compared to the other books I don't think they changed that much. They left bits out, of course, but I didn't think they were changed.

Sar

Part of the furniture
My friend won tickets to a marathon showing all three films on Tuesday night of last week - from 12am on Tues/Weds right through to 12pm on Weds.

I couldn't go cos of work the next day.

Bumhole.

:(

Sar

Part of the furniture
Sar said:
My friend won tickets to a marathon showing all three films on Tuesday night of last week - from 12am on Tues/Weds right through to 12pm on Weds.

I couldn't go cos of work the next day.

Bumhole.

:(
That said I did see RotK on Saturday just gone.

Brilliant stuff. Brilliant trilogy, although I think TTT is a bit weak though.

D

Deadmanwalking

I saw it up in Jockland. And apart from the group of geeks all dressed up infront of me and the bastard seats, it was excellent.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
really hated the ending and the way the witchking died :/

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Absolutely mega. I'm one of those "not read the books" people, and they really pulled it off as a film in it's own right -- maybe the ending was less perfect as 'just a film' but was still outstanding. (They could have ended it about 3 or 4 times: "looooooooong fade out... bit more film. looooooooong fade out... bit more film" - imaging the extended version ;)).

Anyhow, Peter Jackson showed such talent, got the quantity and intensity of the battles just right, the pre-battle tension was masterful.

I actually went out of the cinema, wishing that there were 4 parts rather than 3. This has been Christmas ritual for the last 3 years, what are we going to do without it? (Other than watch it on video, of course).

D

Deadmanwalking

Shovel said:
I actually went out of the cinema, wishing that there were 4 parts rather than 3. This has been Christmas ritual for the last 3 years, what are we going to do without it?

Find the names and addresses of all the idiots that dressed up in LOTR costumes and have seen the film 50 odd times already. Then burn them... slowly.... with an electric kettle heating element.

Ah well there goes half of these forums ;)

SawTooTH

Can't get enough of FH
I can't imagine trying to watch all three in cinema seats. I tried to watch Star wars, Empire and ROTJ in one sitting and apart from a bad back all I can say is once you've seen 3-4hs of special effects it starts to become a bit boring.

xane

Fledgling Freddie
I watched Star Trek I thru IV in one sitting once.

9 hours of trekkies, then piling on the bus at 3am with all the lot from the Rocky Horror Show, class.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Shovel said:
I actually went out of the cinema, wishing that there were 4 parts rather than 3. This has been Christmas ritual for the last 3 years, what are we going to do without it? (Other than watch it on video, of course).
They're still apparently wrangling over the licensing for The Hobbit, so in a very backwards prequel kind've George Lucas way a 4th film is very likely :)

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Mindblowing. I took my mum and girlfriend, even they didnt complain about the length of it. Mum kept on hoisting my jaw back in place throughout the film.

fatbusinessman

Fledgling Freddie
Doomy said:
Mindblowing. I took my mum and girlfriend, even they didnt complain about the length of it.
Sorry, just have to draw attention to the blatant innuendo there... :)

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Heh, i guess i could have phrased that better.

Saying that, apparently the guy 3 seats from my girlfriend (a real odd looking scruffy guy, not me) apparently was saying the lines before the lines in the film and was 'rubbing' himself a lot. She needed the loo but darednt go past him.

yakumo

Fledgling Freddie
yes, absolutely bloody fantastic.

but

you have to remember

RotK ENDS when it fades to white about 20 min before the credits.

ENDS i tell you, walk out then!

raw

One of Freddy's beloved
I thought it was a quality film to end the trillogy, unlike the matrix which fucking sucked, most films leave you wondering what happened to the characters and so on when they finally finish, at least rotk did it properly, some didn't like the longer ending however i was quite happy with it.

9/10

Tenko

Fledgling Freddie
Well I've seen it twice and loved it to bits.

Though I like the ending its certainly a bit Marmite.

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
I like marmite, yet the ending of RoTK is just too much?

Hashmonster

Fledgling Freddie
superb film - loved all 3! am contemplating watching 1,2 and then go see it at the cinema again as i can barely remember watching no.1 on dvd a year ago :(

aint read the books either - have i missed out on much?

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I went to see the first two films and enjoyed them for the most part (far too much unimportant drivel in the second one which bored the living shit out of me - Liv Tyler take a bow). However from what I've heard, I'll wait and see the third one on DVD. Films which end 45 minutes after they honestly should really don't float my boat. Plus given the slating me mate just gave Revolutiuons last night, no matter how good a film it is, if I see it now I'll spend the entire film pointing out the shit stuff, just for a bit of revenge. No one disses Revolutions round me and survives the next film they are looking forwards to.

Also, I remember thinking the thrid book was shit, mainly as it finished halfway through then bored you into submission with Frodo's journey back to the shire. If that's in the film I'm walking out once the ring is destroyed.

If that last bit didn't make much sense you need to know one thing - this mate in question hasn't seen Revolutions yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom