LotM dual log

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
With the new client i can't seem to be able to dual log properly. I mean with 2 accounts logged i get gfx stuttering, low fps etc. With only one account everything is ok.

what i did was:
- turning off then back on the /clientsleep. while clientsleep is working, it seems to be less effective than in previous client.
- toggling process priority to programs did help the main account to perform better, but having the 2nd account on /stick is impossible with this setting. (this is how i run now - but this solution is not exactly what i want)

any ideeas? anyone have the same problem?

Computer specs: amd xp64 3000+ (single core), 2GB ram, GF6600GT.
Have to say that everything worked OK with this computer in DR client both single or dual logged. In LotM client everything is OK with only one account logged.

Craft

Fledgling Freddie
I personally had problems with the GeForce6600GT but try running both accounts at 800 x 600 - try that and take all the graphics down to basics.

/shrug

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
short update...

Did some more tests last evening and what i wrote in the 1st post is still true, but is valid only for labyrinth dungeon.
Everthing is ok while dual logged with LotM client outside laby, but inside is painfull.

i wonder what will help more? a dual core amd - if i ever find an amd x2 cpu for socket 939 - or a better gfx card?

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
i have a AMD 64 x2 5000+ , 3gb mem and a Geforce 7900GTX 512mb and with that i can run 2 accounts in labby.....with some lower effects on tho...so to b able to run in totaly smoth with everything on , i think u need a quite powerfull comp , and that we all knows has its price :p

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
short update...

Did some more tests last evening and what i wrote in the 1st post is still true, but is valid only for labyrinth dungeon.
Everthing is ok while dual logged with LotM client outside laby, but inside is painfull.

i wonder what will help more? a dual core amd - if i ever find an amd x2 cpu for socket 939 - or a better gfx card?

its laggy in the labyrinth anyway

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
its laggy in the labyrinth anyway

ok, but why is laggy with 2 accounts and not with one?

i wonder what sort of systems / gfx cards are Mythic using to detec and solve the performance issues...

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
ok, but why is laggy with 2 accounts and not with one?

i wonder what sort of systems / gfx cards are Mythic using to detec and solve the performance issues...

there re doing ALL of the graphics this year, hopefully to solve fps lag

Adrianicus

Loyal Freddie
With the new client i can't seem to be able to dual log properly. I mean with 2 accounts logged i get gfx stuttering, low fps etc. With only one account everything is ok.

what i did was:
- turning off then back on the /clientsleep. while clientsleep is working, it seems to be less effective than in previous client.
- toggling process priority to programs did help the main account to perform better, but having the 2nd account on /stick is impossible with this setting. (this is how i run now - but this solution is not exactly what i want)

any ideeas? anyone have the same problem?

Computer specs: amd xp64 3000+ (single core), 2GB ram, GF6600GT.
Have to say that everything worked OK with this computer in DR client both single or dual logged. In LotM client everything is OK with only one account logged.

I have a similar spec to you but P4 3ghz, 2gb ram, GF6600GT.

Great outdoors but nasty inside LOTM.

Had bb account on 800 600 all setting low and dropped my main account down from 1200 1000 down to 800 600. Still struggled but some of the other setting were still high. Will try and drop those down too.

So frustrating though :(

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
After trying new nvidia drivers, tweaks for page file, memory management and such without any improvments in dual logging inside labyrinth i ended up replacing my Athlon 64 3000+ on socket 939 with an Opteron 165 (dualcore, 1.8GHz, 2x 1MB cache).

Setting processor affinity so each LotM client uses a diff core gives very nice results (have both accounts running at 1152x864). It's like running a single account on my old processor. Nice /stick for bb inside laby, no more lagpulling, almost insta alt-tab etc.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
AMD64/3500, 2GB memory, ATi R850XT/PE, and it runs two instances of LOTM at 800x600 with everything at lowest without a hitch. Can even stick both bots to my skald and run around at Speed 5 + sprint without them lagging off.

One thing I did was stop using, and shut down, the onboard LAN connector, and am running a seperate 3Com LAN card. That made a noticable difference in lagginess - it's an easy win, since a seperate NIC only costs a few tenners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom