Lord of the Rings online shadow of Angmar.

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
looks ok from beta testing

i think the 99.99 for life time subs anit to bad tbh i know its a clear way for them to ensure they can always say they have x number of accounts active but if you have the cash the 99.99 option is top notch

the pve is ok nice quest system
texture and mapping look and feel like DnDO
PvP/monster play seem a bit odd to me but the combat system is more like daoc than wow imo

OohhoO

Fledgling Freddie
LotRo is exactly the game I have been wanting to play for years.

The average beta-tester was around 35 & RolePlay-friendly.

It's really not about PvP at all, & if you're a l33td00d, powergamer, min/maxer, griefer, or think a "gay PvE game" is a bad thing then LotRo is totally not for you & please stay away because the game neither wants or needs you to ruin it like that kind of player did to DAoC.

Thank you & goodnight :D

Ormorof

FH is my second home
played it for a few days and seems like a lot of fun, the areas nicely done (particularly loved the intro quests that gave armor and let you wander around exploring ;) )

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
LotRo is exactly the game I have been wanting to play for years.

The average beta-tester was around 35 & RolePlay-friendly.

It's really not about PvP at all, & if you're a l33td00d, powergamer, min/maxer, griefer, or think a "gay PvE game" is a bad thing then LotRo is totally not for you & please stay away because the game neither wants or needs you to ruin it like that kind of player did to DAoC.

Thank you & goodnight :D

Roflmao. Good that you enclosed yourself in a wall of prejudice called LotRo.

Alhanna

Fledgling Freddie
Have only been on Lotr for a few days and I find myself hooked by it already. I have been a fan of the books and later the films and maybe I am blinded by any problems it might have and just don't see them yet. It is a nice change to have a friendly atmosphere doing lots and I mean lots of quests with great graphics and wonderful tones of music with nice changed depending on where you are and what you are doing. All in all I am not missing Daoc and or the Rvr. It may change.....it may not.

igli

Fledgling Freddie
Ha, im not gonna leave my love child, too much time invested:( will prolly be the last one on eng/eu cluster.

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
any daoc guilds/kinships on evernight server

me and gemma are looking for a guild at mo

gemmas toon lvl9 minster called pinkey
my toon lvl9 hunter called thergador

drop us a message in game or on here if you have a guild thats recruiting and made up of mainly older DAOC players

Kaomond

Fledgling Freddie
yup and loving every minute of the game :)

Same here, it is a very god game, although it is very much a WoW clone but without so many leet kiddies and with a lord of the rings story line.

BUT! it is very much PvE based, i have no incling to monstor pvp, to me pvp is all about getting your character to a level where he/she can pvp and building them up, making us play monstors instead just isn't pvp to me.

I haven't quit DaOC for LOTRO, i stil play DaOC more, i took advantage of the £99 lifetime subs offer so now whenever i get a bit bored in camelot i hit lotro for a few hours, have a lvl 15 hunter and a lvl 6 minstrel atm on evernight.

:))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom