Lord of the Rings online shadow of Angmar.

Alhanna

Fledgling Freddie
Will anyone else be trying this when it opens next month in Europe?

OohhoO

Fledgling Freddie
Probably.
Beta is more good than bad.
Great graphics if you've the system for it.
Will probably play on a German RP server tho unless my arm gets twisted enough to force me to play on a UK server cos the German-speaking players on LotRo Beta are generally a lot more friendly & helpful than the English-speaking players.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
been trying to get into beta with no success. if anyone has an account they dont use i'd appreciate a try :p

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
ive been in beta since november - was very unpolished back then but the game has had 2 major overhauls since then, and it is growing into being THE most excellent 1 person adventure / solo pve game ever!!! - there are so many quests / exploring and things to do in the game that is SOOOO tolkien-like it is brilliant.

I have only just started playing monster play - this is the pvp component of the game (where you can be a lvl50 mob and buy upgrades against lvl 50 players) this starts at lvl 10 so any and all players can join in - its great fun!

Gfx wise it is upto modern day standards - not leading edge (but it will run on lower spec pc's as well)

a very polished game that will be loved by all tolkien-liking people (the hobbits / shire REALLY do look harmless :) )

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Probably.
Beta is more good than bad.
Great graphics if you've the system for it.
Will probably play on a German RP server tho unless my arm gets twisted enough to force me to play on a UK server cos the German-speaking players on LotRo Beta are generally a lot more friendly & helpful than the English-speaking players.

Hmm why does that sound so familiar......... :(

Ivynoxia

One of Freddy's beloved
I have a (now) unused beta account that I would rather not give away, there are special "founder" offers tied to it. And I might be playing it after release.

Keep an eye on http://www.computerandvideogames.com/ they are releasing new keys every week by the thousands. Although sadly not this week, some special in-game newbie item for this week.

Good luck!

Ivynoxia

One of Freddy's beloved
marketroid
Turbine, Inc.

International Game Access Info
On behalf of both Turbine and Codemasters Online Gaming, we wanted to answer some of the questions we’ve been seeing from the LOTRO community about Pre-orders and access to The Lord of the Rings Online game servers.

As you may know, the LOTRO Pre-order is now available in the United States, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. European customers in countries* served by Codemasters will be able to Pre-order LOTRO both in-store and online in the coming weeks. As the game begins to enter global distribution we wanted to take a moment to explain how the game is operated internationally.

For each region where the game is available, Turbine partners with a publisher who handles production and distribution of the packaged product as well as marketing support. In some regions we also partner with a service operator who will host and manage the service, including billing, customer service, and community.

In North America and Oceania, Turbine is the service operator. We work with two publishers to support our service – Midway in the US and Codemasters in Oceania. In Europe, Codemasters is both the publisher and the service operator.

What this means is that the version of the game you can play is determined by the service operator that supports your region. Since the service operators maintain completely separate billing, hosting, and support systems it is not possible to allow players to access both services – they’re just not compatible with each other.

There are a variety of differences between the EU and NA versions of the game and service. In order to provide the best possible experience to our EU players (including local language game content and customer service) both Codemasters and Turbine have implemented blocking rules to prevent players from activating keys from outside their home region. Specifically, players must register on the service for their region and only client software and keys purchased in that region will work. This applies to both Pre-order programs as well as the final retail game.

If you are a European player and purchase the game from a retailer based in North America you will not be able to activate your Product Key on the Turbine billing system. The reverse is also true: Copies of LOTRO intended for the European market cannot be registered with Codemasters from a country outside of the territories they serve.

Any questions about this policy should be directed to the customer support representatives for your region.

*Countries served by Codemasters include: Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, The Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom, Bulgaria, Croatia, Romania, Turkey, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, Andorra, Serbia & Montenegro, Israel, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, United Arab Emirates (Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman, Umm al-Qaiwain, Ras al-Khaimah, and Fujairah) and South Africa

Just read this in the lotro codemaster forums. They are not allowing players to play on the US servers if they are geographically in Europe, and vice versa, what the fuck :/

This sucks 'cause I had been thinking about getting the US version of the game to avoid the lag in patching like with the GOA/Mythic arrangement in DAoC.

Saraden

Loyal Freddie
I've been in beta bit over an week now. So far i have enjoyed the game, and i am seriously considering about buying it.

It really has the "tolkien feeling", and somehow it feels a lot less stressful than most other mmo's i've played. Quests are actually fun to do, and feel meaningful thanks to better backround stories.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
I've been in beta bit over an week now. So far i have enjoyed the game, and i am seriously considering about buying it.

It really has the "tolkien feeling", and somehow it feels a lot less stressful than most other mmo's i've played. Quests are actually fun to do, and feel meaningful thanks to better backround stories.

Everyone else I have read that has been playing it has said the same thing :)

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
I heard that there was no pvp yet implemented in this game? Wrong am I?

itis implemented. Its called Monsterplay

You can play 4 diffrent kind of Monsters if your own created toon hits lvl10.

Warg = rouge = stealther
Spider= mage
Uruk-Hai Blackarrow = Archer
Uruk-Hai Warleader = Main Healer but can played in melee too
Orc Weaver = Melee

And at lvl 40 u can enter Ettenmoors (PvP Zone) with your own toon, but Monsters are level 50 ofc, so if you go to Ettenmoors with lvl40 you'll be dead even before you know what happend.

Btw level50 is max like in daoc

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
itis implemented. Its called Monsterplay

You can play 4 diffrent kind of Monsters if your own created toon hits lvl10.

Warg = rouge = stealther
Spider= mage
Uruk-Hai Blackarrow = Archer
Uruk-Hai Warleader = Main Healer but can played in melee too
Orc Weaver = Melee

And at lvl 40 u can enter Ettenmoors (PvP Zone) with your own toon, but Monsters are level 50 ofc, so if you go to Ettenmoors with lvl40 you'll be dead even before you know what happend.

Btw level50 is max like in daoc

I also heard that Lotro is essentially pve based and that more players are playing it only for that reason. You finding that is the case now with beta being expanded each week?

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
I also heard that Lotro is essentially pve based and that more players are playing it only for that reason. You finding that is the case now with beta being expanded each week?

absolutly YES

Lord of the Rings Online is for PvE junkies.
Monsterplay just got implemented because alot of LotR fans wanted abit PvP too.

Its not my cup of tea, so ill quit after beta ends.

LotR PvP same shit like WoW PvP

both games doesnt reach Daoc

Daoc RvR dynamics >> LotR, WoW bullshit

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
absolutly YES

I do wonder if you will say that about WHO? Would be nice if some peeps here actually stayed and ignored WHO or played both :)

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
WHO aint my cup of tea neither.

The experiance Mythic made with daoc is a big + for WHO,

but i hate Cartoon grafics so i doesnt waste my money for WHO.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture

I can't say anything about WHO, but what I can say is that imo, i'd rather stay with DAoC as original ideas are always better than protocol copy ones and that's the way I feel about WHO :)

Ivynoxia

One of Freddy's beloved
did I mention there is a /music system in lotro ? :) you can play instruments and make music in game :D so .. yes, its a very pve/roleplay orientated game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD7LMsF1yHY

Another point, it's fairly easy to reach 50, i reached 45 in 12 days /played with my first character. I worry that there is not enough content in the game to make it last a month to the more hardcore players.

and IMO :p the only game that has better pvp dynamics than daoc is probably guild wars, but there you dont have a open battle field and it's all set in arenas...

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
Another point, it's fairly easy to reach 50, i reached 45 in 12 days /played with my first character. I worry that there is not enough content in the game to make it last a month to the more hardcore players.

its beta m8.

you gain 2-3 times more Experiance at the moment than you'll gain after Release.

Devs want that people shall be able to play lvl50 Chars to test em.

And about RvR Dynamic games.

I think i never ever will get the feeling i had as i played Daoc first time.

Fucking nice memorise as i though ill get attacked by shadowblades or any other stealthers if i get to close to Sauvage gate alb side :)

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie

holy cow, you must be an oracle to have seen a real chaos warrior, goblin or black orc!!!!!!

do dwarves really have orange mohicans and drink loads of beer.....

here to you numbskull:drink:

Gibs

Fledgling Freddie
absolutly YES

Actually you have no fking clue what you're on about. LOTRO PvP is very similar to DAOC pvp, you zone into the frontier zone, choose what toon your playing, form a party and roam the area fighting the other team, attacking their castles and shit. You get Destiny Points for killing people which you use to buy new skills for your orcs or whatever or buffs for your human chars.

Please go play the game properly before coming here typing with your daoc glasses on. Nothing will hit the feeling DAOC rvr had but this is about the closest youll get to it.

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
Actually you have no fking clue what you're on about. LOTRO PvP is very similar to DAOC pvp, you zone into the frontier zone, choose what toon your playing, form a party and roam the area fighting the other team, attacking their castles and shit. You get Destiny Points for killing people which you use to buy new skills for your orcs or whatever or buffs for your human chars.

Please go play the game properly before coming here typing with your daoc glasses on. Nothing will hit the feeling DAOC rvr had but this is about the closest youll get to it.

i played abit Daoc. I think i know something about Daoc RvR and what im talking about if i compare daoc rvr with another Games PvP Dynamics.

I played abit WoW too, now i play LotR-O beta. Im playing a lvl50 Champ atm, reached Rank4 with him before silly Rang15 bug hit the game.

I think ive a clue what im talking about.

LotR PvP dynamics are similar to WoW. Whole fucking LotR-O Game is a copy of WoW.

So shut up and stop deffending ur gay PvE game.

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
Sollac said:
holy cow, you must be an oracle to have seen a real chaos warrior, goblin or black orc!!!!!!

do dwarves really have orange mohicans and drink loads of beer.....

here to you numbskull:drink:

Im talking about this
dwarfcomparisonkb1.jpg

and this
orccomparisonxw3.jpg

and you asking me if i ever saw a real life Black orc, this
uglyrc6.jpg

The answer is yes.

And tbh the real life black orc aint my cup of tea neihter.

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
As a Monster in Monsterplay you get Destinypoints. You get em for Quests or PvP. The destinypoints can be used to buy new Abilities for your Monster or to buy buffs and/or increased Exp for your Good char which u've leveled up. Most Abilities for your monster will be available with higher Rank which increases through PvP kills. Available abilities are active ones like styles, passive ones like better amour, better resists, parry/evade increase and Traits like increased Stealth for Worgs=stealther or better heals for Warleaders.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I think i never ever will get the feeling i had as i played Daoc first time.

Yep

DAoC PvP for all its flaws has yet to have been bettered in any other game I've played. WoW PvE on the otherhand knocked DAoC into a cocked hat.

Looking forward to Warhammer Online.

I'm intrigued by Lord of the Rings online, but not decided yet. Not sure I can handle a million spotty nerks with name variants on Gaand4lv etc screaming "PL meh! Givf golds FFS Baaagggiiins!"

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
LOTRO is average at best. It is basically a cross between WOW, EQ2 and Baldurs Gate with a LOTR theme. Nothing original whatsoever....the game is quite tidy and pretty well made, but really it is another low-IQ big name cash-in. Very disappointing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom