Looting in Llyn Barfog

Snarks

Fledgling Freddie
Recently I’ve been xp’ing in Llyn Barfog (yes it still exists) with some fellow guild members and was wondering if anyone has actually had any of the glowy drops from the residents there (Diamondback Toads, Needletooth Devourers, Frenzy Feeders and Bearded Gorgers) as at present the only item drop our group has had was from a Ravenclan Giant and I'm not sure that it was a glowy weapon.

Also does anyone know how many full groups it would take to defeat The Legendary Afanc? I’d like to get hold of a Afanc Pelt Cloak for my minstrel but I know it will be a tough task defeat the strange deformed beaver god.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
killed afanc and mordred with 5 the other day (no it wasn't focus pulling)... but at level 43 you'll want at least 3fg :)

the gorgers etc. drop but you'll be lucky to get one named drop out of 100 kills.

Tootz

Fledgling Freddie
Got loads of stuff from Barfog over the years, and the new glows on the weapons are nice :) The Toad drops though are very rare and will take a lot of killing to get them. You'll probably get more drops from the feeders and gorgers, they seem to drop stuff more often.

All the epic mobs up there can be done easily with 1fg of 50s - think our record was 4 active players and 2 bots for Afanc and Mordred. Focus pulling is even less than this of course, at least until the next patch :p. If you want to do Afanc and you're lower than 50 though, get a couple of fgs together and give him a bash.

Larik

Fledgling Freddie
We (group Fing was referring to above) were 5 in the group, but really was 4 of us + a smite bot and a buffbot ungrouped ;)

Disappointed about the drops from the barfog epics - just the one drop from Wrath was all we had to show from a tour of the circuit. Mouth and Teaz excepted who didn't show up.

Gorbash

One of Freddy's beloved
Tootz said:
Got loads of stuff from Barfog over the years, and the new glows on the weapons are nice :) The Toad drops though are very rare and will take a lot of killing to get them. You'll probably get more drops from the feeders and gorgers, they seem to drop stuff more often.

All the epic mobs up there can be done easily with 1fg of 50s - think our record was 4 active players and 2 bots for Afanc and Mordred. Focus pulling is even less than this of course, at least until the next patch :p. If you want to do Afanc and you're lower than 50 though, get a couple of fgs together and give him a bash.

just to give you an idea of group setup for this, i believe it was the following :

Me (infiltrator) + lvl 47 enhance buffer with MCL 1 for healing
Tootz (pally which held agro)
Quinthar (armsman for backup shield) + lvl 48 rejuv cleric bot with BOF
Jhana (theurg with 6 sec pbt)

was great fun knowing that we could take down mordred with that setup, espeically when our old guild ferus legionis got wiped out by him with 3fgs on the scene :p (ahh, back in the old days..... memories :D)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
don't forget that our paladin was only level 49 (and in Rog crap ;))

Paladin+Friar+Merc+Theurg+smitebot+buffbot :)

oh and mordred hurts - 300 damage nuke followed by two 700+ damage hits in one round...

owowow!

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Mythic should really upgrade the drops off those mobs now.

such a shame :(

Dardamein

Fledgling Freddie
Larik said:
We (group Fing was referring to above) were 5 in the group, but really was 4 of us + a smite bot and a buffbot ungrouped ;)

Disappointed about the drops from the barfog epics - just the one drop from Wrath was all we had to show from a tour of the circuit. Mouth and Teaz excepted who didn't show up.

Uncle Wilfrid was glad to be part of the merry bunch that duelled Llyn Barfog Foes and have to agree on the disappointment.

Cheers!

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
Frenzy Feeders drops a Frenzid thrusing weapon whit glow atleast my pre-nerf Frenzids has glow. i heard the new ones dont tho.
when i got them they were allmost as rare as a Ellyll Sword was and had allmost the same price tag(ellyll sword was 1.5p! back then. thats like 50p+ now) and now you might ask why was this weapon so expensive?
the aweser is simpel. it had evenom on it and even if this seems Exreamly gimped atm it was uber back then and Sb's was crying about is as mid only had items wich game them +4 evenom max and alb chould get as much as +10 if i remember it right.

this weapon now has thrust instead of envenom and like all other Frenzid/gorged/...(any high lvl mob in LB who aing a epic mob)are qua90 and useless crap exept some of them has glow or a freeky colour.

M® Zîllâ

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:

Completly agree some of the weps that drop there r very nice shame they r such low qua

Telaron

Fledgling Freddie
Snarks said:
Recently I’ve been xp’ing in Llyn Barfog (yes it still exists) with some fellow guild members and was wondering if anyone has actually had any of the glowy drops from the residents there (Diamondback Toads, Needletooth Devourers, Frenzy Feeders and Bearded Gorgers) as at present the only item drop our group has had was from a Ravenclan Giant and I'm not sure that it was a glowy weapon.

Also does anyone know how many full groups it would take to defeat The Legendary Afanc? I’d like to get hold of a Afanc Pelt Cloak for my minstrel but I know it will be a tough task defeat the strange deformed beaver god.

The drops from the mobs you mentioned are extremly rare. I dunno how many bloody toads I had to whack before getting that annoying toad bane, just for the glow ;)

Red HATred

Fledgling Freddie
Frogs

Five blubs of xp'ing on lvl 49 should give you the entire Diamond toad Drop collection.

And most of the items glow..... verry nice

Snarks

Fledgling Freddie
Well our small group consisting of

Pally 47
Cleric 43
Minstrel 43
Armsman 42
Scout 42
Scout 41
and 2 others in late 30's or maybe 40

performed our first barfog masterpiece last night when in a momentary lapse of sense and the heat of the moment decision. We decided to take on King of Barfog Hills come hell or highwater to see whether we could do it :eek: Lo and behold after several minutes bashing away, 1 LD and a rapid switch to power song to boost Cleric working overtime with heals the King fell and dropped Kings Tooth and Regal Helm for our hard work :D

We savoured the victory whilst we rested and although the weapon didn't glow we were content knowing that we'd done something quite difficult for a group mainly below 45. The taste of victory last only a short while when we returned to the gorgers/feeders/devourer's and had a near full part wipe out to 6 of them. Thankfully 2 of our party survived including cleric and we were able to return to health with minimal xp loss :eek:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
nicely done :)

If you're feeling adventurous next time - Fester or Mouth would be good targets too, similar difficulty to the King usually :)

Teazanodwc always seems slightly harder, and afanc/mordred a fair amount harder.

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
I remember the old days - when mordred would kill 2 fg of 50's. Tried to find a screenie of our groups dead but musta been before i wiped my machine.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Snarks said:

All mobs done without exception with 4-5, coupla BB's for buffing is nice if you got some knocking about.

A group that has played with each other for some time is a must for the big guys, we regulary take out Ex Ferus members for a run now and again.

I think weve had all glowies at one point or another, I had 2 of them pre glowyness and now they glow (On house 170 btw :) ), still got an Afanc Scale cloak we got of the big fella plus a nice Xbow off Mordred and somebody has a sweet 2H'er that Mordred drops too.

Barfog is underated in my opinion, always loved it there, I didnt like farming for weeks for a toad bane tho or the Diamond Bastard Sword, yet one day we went to kill the big guys and it dropped off the 1st or 2nd froggy we killed.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Larik said:

5-6 total was when we did Mordred, we nicked somebody PBT bot :) was nice till he started nuking for 100million :)

1st time we managed to do him he went down in less than 35secs...

Rushie

Fledgling Freddie
myself and treon took our pallys (both rr5+) to LB to practice taking high lvl mobs with 2 pallys to get ready for our 2 man alb DF prince attempt.

buffed ourselves at snow stat (lvl 50 bbot + mota4) and moved to LB, we took King and Fester very easy just by bouncing aggro (taunts, detaunts and dbl twist chants), when we tried Mouth, Treon had to use ip but none of us used our FH on any of them 3 mobs, but we got pretty much owned by Teazanodwc. still felt pretty rewarding to kill such high mobs as 2ppl, just a shame the drops aint as sought after as they used to be.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Konah said:

Agree, pity Barfog lost its appeal with people started focusing them :(

Was funny to see the cabi pet disappear once when somebody tried Afanc :) damn pets cant swin I'll wager :)

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Rushie said:
myself and treon took our pallys (both rr5+) to LB to practice taking high lvl mobs with 2 pallys to get ready for our 2 man alb DF prince attempt.

buffed ourselves at snow stat (lvl 50 bbot + mota4) and moved to LB, we took King and Fester very easy just by bouncing aggro (taunts, detaunts and dbl twist chants), when we tried Mouth, Treon had to use ip but none of us used our FH on any of them 3 mobs, but we got pretty much owned by Teazanodwc. still felt pretty rewarding to kill such high mobs as 2ppl, just a shame the drops aint as sought after as they used to be.

Mouth lvls vary a lot and since they are all Purp con its hard to guage what lvl they might be.

Tootz (Listed above) and a friar did the mobs listed above, but I think they got owned when the friar said I'll do that one myself :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom