Loot Overhaul

Roken

One of Freddy's beloved
Isn't it time loot got a serious boost? It's a bit sad that 99% of the stuff that drops is basically crap.
To me a big part of any RPG is 'treasure' but it has got to the point in DAoC where there is a fixed list of mobs
that are worth killing for thier drops.

At the very least 'ToA bonuses' should be available in any zone, and generally ROGs should have a fair chance of being high utility.

Everz

FH is my second home
its being done atm on US.. just got a 6% power pool staff drop from cornwall

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
i take it this will have a knock on effect on classic servers then?

Went classic so i didnt have to endlessly farm or try to get 40 people together to complete one encounter. Looks like everyone will be out farming for those uber templates again :/

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
yes, they're adding in free 10% cast speed staves for anyone who spends 400 hours killing pygmy goblins (old goblin killing times don't apply unfortunately, so you'll have to start that 400 hours at the patch).

Or possibly they're restricting it to just "catacombs bonuses" or something...

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
the problem was never the poor loot but the fact that so much good loot can be farmed. They won't fix anything by doing this when they're still introducing better loot every expansion.

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
yes, they're adding in free 10% cast speed staves for anyone who spends 400 hours killing pygmy goblins (old goblin killing times don't apply unfortunately, so you'll have to start that 400 hours at the patch).

Or possibly they're restricting it to just "catacombs bonuses" or something...

sarchasm apart, it does affect people if you need that buff bonus, heal bonus, and all the other gubbins that suddenly becomes available if drops get "updated" in the classic zones.

Cata bonuses...forgive my ailing memory is that just the PVE bonuses to parry / evade and the like? if so that much less hassle.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Phantomby said:
sarchasm apart, it does affect people if you need that buff bonus, heal bonus, and all the other gubbins that suddenly becomes available if drops get "updated" in the classic zones.

Cata bonuses...forgive my ailing memory is that just the PVE bonuses to parry / evade and the like? if so that much less hassle.

Sorry :) couldn't resist. Didn't realise the OP said "ToA bonuses" either... it's not ToA bonuses - they won't start adding those outside of ToA purely because of the classic servers - you'll notice that nothing in DR or LOTM has toa bonuses.

Catacombs bonuses are stat caps, %power and pve stuff (along with the usual olde world stats).

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
Sorry :) couldn't resist. Didn't realise the OP said "ToA bonuses" either... it's not ToA bonuses - they won't start adding those outside of ToA purely because of the classic servers - you'll notice that nothing in DR or LOTM has toa bonuses.

there's quite a few melee speed items with lotm
not as big a boost as melee damage obviously
but more speed = more dps overall
i think the same goes for cast speed
which is a more noticable boost to caster dps

slowly but surely toa bonuses are creeping into classic
between champ weapons and lotm drops and things like dps boost mythirians
buying the expansions (in the case of champ weapons, mythirians) and getting the drops (even from the CM's) is a must

but it's not like early ToA non-arti drops with folks running around with stupid arse bonuses and those without wondering why they suddenly dies in 4 secs flat compared to SI where they lasted a little bit longer

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
ahh yeah the catacombs stuff has 1% and 2% melee/style/cast speed...

only on the named drops though, not on the RoG...

There won't be +%range or spell pierce or anything like that out there mind you...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom