Loony Lawsuits

Discussion in 'The Front Room' started by Uncle Sick, Jan 7, 2006.

1. Uncle Sick

Uncle Sick One of Freddy's beloved

Well, since I live in the land of lawyers and lawsuits, I proudly present a collection of pretty outrageous sh*t.

Clicky

... and since they also collect the weirdest warning label messages another

Clicky

Enjoy - Unca Sick over and out ;)

2. rynnor

rynnor Rockhound Moderator

Quoted from first set "'HOMEOWNER SUES SAYING:
    "THIS DUST IS TRESPASSING!"
    A Michigan couple sued the owners of a nearby business claiming that dust, noise and vibrations invaded their property and therefore were trespassing. A jury actually found in their favor, but a Court of Appeals panel overturned the jury's verdict. The Appeals court stated that noise, vibrations and dust are intangible objects and can not be considered as trespassers."

How can dust be intangible when you can pick it up and feel it - somebody ought to explain what intangible means to that American judge!

3. Uncle Sick

Uncle Sick One of Freddy's beloved

So you would have ruled in favor of the homeowner? :p

4. Sharma

Sharma Can't get enough of FH

Those are like the "Warning, May contain nuts" on a couple of salted penut packs i've bought.

And the labels on food containters saying "Serving suggestion" on the front because iirc some people complained about the covers being misleading and thinking they would look like that out the pack.

Gotta love idiots.

5. dysfunction

dysfunction FH is my second home

No...but if he changed it from trespassing to pollution then I would have...

6. Chilly

Chilly Balls of steel

the most worrying thing about that is the word "may". If a pack of nuts"may" contain nuts it doesnt really say much for the quality of the product.

7. rynnor

rynnor Rockhound Moderator

Dont know what laws they had in the state involved - in the UK this would be covered by the Tort of Nuisance as an 'escape off of the land'. I dont see this one in the same league as the others personally.

8. dr_jo

dr_jo Fledgling Freddie

My personal favourite has to be "A smoke detector warns: “Do not use the Silence Feature in emergency situations. It will not extinguish a fire.”