Loony Lawsuits

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
Well, since I live in the land of lawyers and lawsuits, I proudly present a collection of pretty outrageous sh*t.

Clicky

... and since they also collect the weirdest warning label messages another

Clicky

Enjoy - Unca Sick over and out ;)

rynnor

Rockhound
Quoted from first set "'HOMEOWNER SUES SAYING:
"THIS DUST IS TRESPASSING!"
A Michigan couple sued the owners of a nearby business claiming that dust, noise and vibrations invaded their property and therefore were trespassing. A jury actually found in their favor, but a Court of Appeals panel overturned the jury's verdict. The Appeals court stated that noise, vibrations and dust are intangible objects and can not be considered as trespassers."

How can dust be intangible when you can pick it up and feel it - somebody ought to explain what intangible means to that American judge!

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
rynnor said:
Quoted from first set "'HOMEOWNER SUES SAYING:
"THIS DUST IS TRESPASSING!"
A Michigan couple sued the owners of a nearby business claiming that dust, noise and vibrations invaded their property and therefore were trespassing. A jury actually found in their favor, but a Court of Appeals panel overturned the jury's verdict. The Appeals court stated that noise, vibrations and dust are intangible objects and can not be considered as trespassers."

How can dust be intangible when you can pick it up and feel it - somebody ought to explain what intangible means to that American judge!

So you would have ruled in favor of the homeowner? :p

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Uncle Sick said:
Clicky

Enjoy - Unca Sick over and out ;)

Those are like the "Warning, May contain nuts" on a couple of salted penut packs i've bought.

And the labels on food containters saying "Serving suggestion" on the front because iirc some people complained about the covers being misleading and thinking they would look like that out the pack.

Gotta love idiots.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Uncle Sick said:

No...but if he changed it from trespassing to pollution then I would have...

Chilly

Balls of steel
Sharma said:
Those are like the "Warning, May contain nuts" on a couple of salted penut packs i've bought.

And the labels on food containters saying "Serving suggestion" on the front because iirc some people complained about the covers being misleading and thinking they would look like that out the pack.

Gotta love idiots.
the most worrying thing about that is the word "may". If a pack of nuts"may" contain nuts it doesnt really say much for the quality of the product.

rynnor

Rockhound
Uncle Sick said:

Dont know what laws they had in the state involved - in the UK this would be covered by the Tort of Nuisance as an 'escape off of the land'. I dont see this one in the same league as the others personally.

dr_jo

Fledgling Freddie
My personal favourite has to be "A smoke detector warns: “Do not use the Silence Feature in emergency situations. It will not extinguish a fire.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom