Looks like they got a better deal

O

old.Kanzetsu

"Online game developer Mythic Entertainment has announced a deal with Japanese game company Capcom to release Dark Age of Camelot, Mythic's online role-playing game, in Japan this summer. Under the agreement, Capcom will publish and distribute the game, while Mythic will handle online hosting and community management. The game's initial release will be in English, with all packaging and documentation translated into Japanese." [GameSpot <www.gamespot.com> 05/10/02]

Capcom distribute, Mythic handles servers... I bet they get their patches on time.

Is there any real reason to why GOA won't patch the English servers until they've finished translating to German/French? I am getting tired of screwed-up quests that were fixed a long time ago in the US version.

D

Danya

Originally posted by Kanzetsu
Is there any real reason to why GOA won't patch the English servers until they've finished translating to German/French? I am getting tired of screwed-up quests that were fixed a long time ago in the US version.

Yes, because if they did that excal / prydwen would be full to capacity and the others would be empty...

T

tilde

CAPCOM is so good, i remember Life Force, Megaman etc
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

O

old.Kanzetsu

Re: Re: Looks like they got a better deal

Yes, because if they did that excal / prydwen would be full to capacity and the others would be empty...

True, I guess there would be a patch server problem as well... ah well. By the time Eu gets 1.50 SWG will probably already have been released and I will be long gone from DAoC. :)

CAPCOM is so good, i remember Life Force, Megaman etc

MegaMan will own in jap RvR :)

S

SFXman

Exactly WHY does Japan get their servers hosted by Mythic and we don't?! I mean WTF?

K

Keri

Originally posted by SFXman
Exactly WHY does Japan get their servers hosted by Mythic and we don't?! I mean WTF?

Maybe Mythic learned from the mistakes that allowing GOA to host them in Europe created?:p

A

Aeiedil

maybe capcom are paying more so that mythic host the servers so that when something goes wrong then its likely to be their fault ;)

S

Solid

Aeiedil hit the nail on the head, its usually all revolving around the $$, sad but true, GOA prolly cant afford to pay Mythic enough for Mythic to host the servers here and have similar deal with GOA that they got with Capcom, I mean Capcom aint no small town minrity upstart hosting company wth shitty experience now are they?

S

SFXman

Wait a moment..... GOA chose to undertake this job? Why didn't Mythic themselves setup servers in Europe?! Surely Mythic would easily get the money used on the servers here back from the revenue we'd bring...
I mean look at Origin/OSI.... they host american, european and asian servers....

Users who are viewing this thread