looks like prob no origins comming :(

Sneakers<>Matriarch

One of Freddy's beloved
I totally agree with the milegate part 100% true, it was a trench, and at prime people dug in and then camped eachtoher. But as I see it NF does the same but it has diffrent strutures that are even harder to push on since you can enter them and they have purp guards :)

I mean a game where I as a solo person (just as a light example ) can take a boat for 5-6 mins ( risc something, and actually travel ), then enter in mid land, find nothing. Then when I get bored enough I go to Brynja bridge and 1) get a duel 2) get zerged straight away 3) find someone who knows he can't kill me and then runs back to his keep telling everyone there that they should go and kill me.

As I see it this is such a flaw in NF, and there is NOTHING the game devs can do to fix it..but in OF all they had to do was to add a 2nd or even a 3rd milegate out of the "attacking realms portal keep area" to offer a diffrent route out - so if you wanted zerg you go A, if you want smaller nummbers you go B and if you want "noone" you go to the most remote milegate, option C.

Now say I get fed up with travling to enemy realm, and I stay in my home realm, now I will be either the one 1) Begging for duels 2) adding in fights I could win alone = 0 challenge 3) The one running back into the keep from bridge since a stronger oponent/larger nummber warband comes by ( I will obviously tell everyone I can to come with me and then I'll use them as meatshield so I can add ). This is not a positive way of playing in my book.

Oh well I donno, think either I get taken in by an 8 man again soon or I will start playing FPS where I can throw granades on house camping newbies and then rush them with a G36E xD

(dling torrent BF2 Special Forces ~ )

/edit,

Is it normal that the torrent DL speed is yoyo-y ? Almost never download things from torrents :x.. going from 25kb to 950 kbs all the time :(

Everz

FH is my second home
Sneakers, just to disprove your 'daoc is dying theory'

Heres the numbers of last night at there prime

Sun., 2009-03-29
# Bossiney - 725
# Devon - 2130
# Killibury - 716

Real dead..

Sneakers<>Matriarch

One of Freddy's beloved
Sneakers, just to disprove your 'daoc is dying theory'

Heres the numbers of last night at there prime

Sun., 2009-03-29
# Bossiney - 725
# Devon - 2130
# Killibury - 716

Real dead..

Wittering away is what the game is doing, flat out dying is not likely, I think WAR will reach 0 popultion before doac does.

But bossiney and kilibury isn't healthy, not on a NF server. Lower nummbers only reinforce the NEED to head to bridge, dock, main keep, flaming tower to get action = zergs it up even more.

But Devon have same prime nummbers as EU have -+ a few, and 8v8 on .DE is very healthy, solo and small scale is pointless for how the NF zone work.

If you compare daoc height nummbers of around 300k unique subscribers I mean you can't deny something happend :)..

Now we differ in opinions when it comes to if it is worth "riscing" the current population for an attempt to revive the game by introucing a new server with OF as zone ( now the details on how this server would/should be other then OF, is 100% speculation you and I and any other have 0 clue on how far mythic had come on their own attempt of a redesigning it and if it would been good or bad ).

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
/care For me daoc is dead, they don't have the staff, the financial backing, the resources nor the time to invest in it anymore. You can see that from their rather spiffing news pages from week to week - dull. I don't care to offer any solutions neither as I don't want them. I am happy playing creep side on lotro atm and that suits me just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom