Looks at all the pple acting up

anin

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm dont get it really. Most pple are upset by GOA. I am just a litle aswell, but thats only becausse of the bad ofgame service and slow patching from GOA. No problems ingame thou with me. And more how Mythic takes care of there so called "finished'' product.

What can you do about it:

1: write letters and emails to GOA or Mythic. Not really helping atm.

2: Go log in on French servers with only BD, Necros,chanters. Anything that has pets . Produce a few french server crashes. Whe didnt like it, so guesse they wont like it aswell. Like tonight 20.00 CET Broceliande Midgard for example

But i prefer to go for option 3. Contact all kind of "online" Game magazines and send them letters what is happening here. Hopefully a few of this magazines will pick this up and write about it. I know 1 thing about news, they can break and make a company.

So post down here the urls/emails of the game magazines. And some1 write a nice letter for them. I will try to send them around.

But complaining and getting your post count up at BW and Freddyshouse wont help. And if some1 else has a good idea say it. And litle forum trolls dont scare me:touch:

Ele

Fledgling Freddie
Point well made, however i'd be suprised if representatives from 'Gaming publications' didn't already visit forums like this to try get the occasional story regarding bad customer support/standards.

However, one thing I've found that usually gets Companies to pay attention is to send them (Goa) a copy of the letters you send to the magazines. That way they may feel obliged to make a press release/public statement, which in turn will draw attention to themselves and may promote wider press coverage.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Oh great idea. We need players from outside to keep the game fresh. Games magazines telling them 'DAoC sux' will kill the game. Personally I've found DAoC a largely trouble-free experience and would rather tell the world that thanks.

(P.S. Jesus - that Tailoring point took about 3 hours :))

Ele

Fledgling Freddie
I have too...but I also know a lot of people who haven't, therefore just offering a little advice if they wish to pursue the complaint, after all if you buy a product from a shop and are not satisfied, you complain...same applies imo. If they do not provide you with a satisfactory response/compensation its the consumers right to take it further.

Personally, after speaking with friends, I think a lot of the problems with Goa have been simply lack of communication with players, Goa have kind of shot themselves in the foot with this as imo this has gone some way to kill the game for a lot of them. I also think the way of contacting Goa with a problem is ridiculous in comparison to other methods available, maybe if 'Rightnow' was improved people wouldn't feel the need to approach the Press if they have a grievance

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Richard Corbett from the UK PC Gamer used to play DAoC as far as I know... he was registered as Charbrydis on the old BW forums I believe.

He wasn't impressed with GOA's service (Game Offline Again, to quote him on GOA), so I doubt he's gonna come back and write about new stuff.... yeah, exactly, what new stuff.... maybe with ToA he'd be forced to do a review of the current state of DAoC.

Egor

Fledgling Freddie
Are GOA really that bad? Can't mythic do something about it? (dunno how it works in the UK)

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Ele - what have EU players got to say to GOA that's constructive? So why should they listen? They've had problems and get nothing but sh!t from the whole player base (myself included most of the time) so they're hardly going to be running on high moral. Try motivating someone to give a shit when all he gets in return is a kick in the teeth for trying.

EU customers have to actually try to help the situation by using Rightnow to feedback the positive things too, GOA do help with player run events when they're asked too and have been known to restore supposedly "hacked" accounts - which is something I don't think they should bother with since 99% of the time it's the players fault for poor security. Fact is the community (including me) haven't done a thing to help out, GOA don't actually have that many problems when I compare them to Planetside (werner server) when I played that or Ultima Online (europa) when I was playing that game. We do however have a far more whiny arse and immature base of players.

GOA recently asked for positive feedback on the website, asking people to use Rightnow for any suggestions they had as it's not only a support tool. How many bothered? I doubt more than a handful. Perhaps it's time we all stood back, looked at ourselves and asked - well why should they give a flying f**k about me, all I do is put them down.

Damn sure if I was GOA, with a near monopoly on DAOC -EU I'd help those that deserved it and leave the rest 'til last. Sure we pay for a service, but I can't think of any company they takes the daily beating GOA gets (For fairly minor problems) and still keeps coming back for more. Look at the forums, that's not critisism that's pure hatred, you call up a call center and use language or a tone like that and they'll hang up ;)

Egor - No GOA aren't that bad, it's a classic case of "greener on the other side". If people really hate GOA that much, piss off to the US version. I played it and I don't think it's any better. GOA are in the position of being able to add more to the game they get from Mythic, they're trying to do that now with criers etc - as usual all the player base is bitch though lol.

Ele

Fledgling Freddie
I personally have no grievance with them Kam, except the 'Rightnow' tool, as I said earlier. I'm just pointing out that the people who complain on here should, if they feel so dissatisfied, take it further if they want action.

anin

Fledgling Freddie
Seems there still pple happy with how GOA does work atm. I am glad there are. Yes meself have to agree its even good enough for me in a way atm.
But like i said before, ingame you have no problems from me "yet". But hmm can count up atleast 5 other things atm

1 xml pages: Dont work or being slowly updated.
2 Right now: Hmm seems anwsers are just pasted and copy. But i had to use it once meself and been helped with it. But the awnser was short almost looked liked is was rushed awnsered.
3 Updates and patches: Seems very slow or they dont use the resourse that they have very well. But could be a Mythic problem aswell, what i doubt to behonest.
4 Officail webpage: Only been given a new layout each new patch. Whole new desighed or upgraded webside hasent been done since day one i play this game. Started almost 15months ago.
5 Subscription pages: Always seems very buggy. And accounts being reactivated after a time. Is a BIG NONO for me.
But most important overall service.

There are more things to think of, but there different for every person.

And Kremor plse you posted before on this board like BW before. But as soon the forum trolls started to scream. You where gone. And now even here, dont be afraid and stand up against them and tell us what happend. Think pple will forgive you more and willing to listen and help if they can. But not saying anything only works against you/goa. SO more interactive between players and devs is prefferd. And not just with Right Now. But ingame like with active GM's Ingame ''actualy playing'' and more active use of your Dev's on this Board.

edit: forgive me English plse. :D

Musashi

Fledgling Freddie
Just thought id throw in my 2 cents, personally i have had more trouble with Opentransits crap networking skills than GOA and theyre servers.

Prydwen has been fairly stable always, and so has Excalibur been also until now since this nonsense conserning alarmclock raids, etc. (not to be discussed here).

Kudos for GOA to keep running english servers with all the shit they keep getting from whiney kids 24/7 when the world stops revolving around theyre rr10 uber char. :p

Anyways, back to work... keep it civil ;)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
1 - fair dos
2 - not had that problem myself, but I've seen a few who have.

3 - you'd be surprised - if there's a bug in the code, GOA have to wait for Mythic - thanks to "Mr X" 1.63 was pushed back a month or two right into the middle of mythic's *crunch* for ToA release - imagine how much time they're going to devote to fixing GOA's problems when they've got the "new big release" coming out...

4 - a lot of people don't like the flash, but I don't see a reason to redesign it every week :)

5 - yep, only place where I really feel let down is the subs pages

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Hmm wasnt the camelot-europe layout completely changed during summer the year before last?

Comrades of Camelot

Fledgling Freddie
<quote> 4 - a lot of people don't like the flash, but I don't see a reason to redesign it every week <quote>

i agree with that tbh, if a website works, why completely change it? changing the format completely every few weeks would just confuse people, i have on many ocassions given people directions on finding something on the webby, if they completely changed it all the time i wouldn't be able to help people so much.

Personally i find GOA's current level of service just adequate, it could be improved, but as has been said before they have received a lot of flak over issues that they can't do much about ..... slow patching? they receive the patches when Mythic decide to give them to them, and then they have to convert them into at least two other languages ... terrible lag? (recent on prydwen) an open transit problem, they have to liase with open transit and get it fixed, open transit fix it when they fix it, not when GOA want them too ... bugs? they have to wait for Mythic to send them the fixes or tell them how to fix it ... these are only a few things that can be explained reasonably, most of the problems we have on the EU servers are caused because of either Mythic or 'out-sourced' companies associated with GOA, however i do feel that rightnow is not used and run to its full potential and the lack of ingame support is disheartening.

Maybe we should start sending things to rightnow more, it may be slow and the replies you receive may not be what you want (on numerous ocassions i've had a reply that has nothing at all to do with the question i asked, it seemed as if they had missunderstood what i was saying) but it's our only contact with GOA, and i'm sure a bit of constructive criticism or even some helpful suggestions are always welcome.

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
I don't have too much of a problem with GOA, its services are probably better than most online RPG's - that said when you look at the US version its easy to feel hard done by without an Ingame CRS.

Still, it seems the good stuff seems to be forgotten so quickly while the bad stuff lingers. For example, we have the Euro only quests. Their was the Pyrdwen Football game, Halloween Pet thingie, Christmas event (didn't get to see that one :( ), Midstock - to name a few.

Of course, it was a shame DAoC was down for a while. But if you think of it in posative terms the servers are up a lot more than they are down.

Make love, not war and all that bollocks :D

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Got to admit I re-read that this morning and can't believe I was sticking up for GOA, still feel the same but they need to improve. So does the community though - always so negative :(

Anastasia

Can't get enough of FH
I'm sorry I've stumbled into the wrong forum - where is the one where 12 year olds whine and stamp and cry about not being able to play one weekend in 10?

Barryswhine you say? kthxbye :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom