Looking to roll US Classic: Look Here

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Matriarch|Sneakers said:
It's alot of "random" mids and "random" hibs and if u have a fixed group with dedicated players i think rolling alb would be th emost fun atm. This might change in a few weeks since alot of mids re-rolled alb instead.

Do not roll alb please. Especially in EU times there is a desperate shortage of decent hib and mid guilds. Plenty of groups to fight no matter what realm you play.

suelothvar

Fledgling Freddie
roled alb simply because its underpopulated on lamorak, can see it easy, in kiltoe hibs outnumbered us, and in thid mid zerg us :p

joined "Section Nine" guild who have few scotts, and others and are recruiting. if your on alb need a friendly guild with others, playing UK times give a member a shout....

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
ive been trying to dl this the past 2 days but it keeps saying setup file corrupt anyone else had the problem? I have tried a few of the places aswell get the same message.

Siftwind

Fledgling Freddie
If you buy the full game pack (with all expansions) from Play for £18, you can do the following:
  • Buy your Catacombs key from one of the stores mentioned earlier in this post. !!!Be warned!!!, a friend and I were both mailed the same Catas CD Key from one of the companies listed in this thread. Luckily I entered mine before Calaen did :clap:. We both still have the original mails from them to prove and we're awaiting a mail to confirm that it is just some confusion at their end. Please PM me if you have had a similar experience.
  • Install full Euro pack and patch to latest version.
  • Copy the contents of the entire game directory to a new folder (full Euro pack install the whole game and expansions to just one directory).
  • Change the update.dat file, as per earlier in this post, to point to U.S. patch server and patch to U.S. version.
  • Start up and use the generic CD key made available with the U.S. trial to create an account. For example: MVGADVQ-MNMJ99Y-HBJ4DNF-H3HGBAJ-YC1QYTP
  • Enter your, hopefully, unique Catacombs key and away you go.

You'll need to buy a U.S. ToA key also if you want to play ToA on U.S. servers. I don't, so have not. I can access SI, Catas and Classic zones using the above method. I still need to test what happens after 14 days, i.e. what happens when the trial period runs out.
I'm playing on Hib/Lamorak. Hope to see you there.

Regards,
Sift.

Salv

Fledgling Freddie
cemi0 said:
Its alot faster to install a EU version from CD and just update.

just change some things in update? what do i type. cos cba to download when i takes u like 6 hours.. and my comp reboots often.. so will never complete the download. sucks! :p

Tilda

Salv said:
just change some things in update? what do i type. cos cba to download when i takes u like 6 hours.. and my comp reboots often.. so will never complete the download. sucks! :p
Did you even read the first post in the thread?

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
For someone who does not have catacombs, but does have the Classic/SI Euro versions...

So if i install my origional DAoC and SI euro versions (no point paying for these again), then buy an American version of Catacombs and have it shipped (i know shipping is pricey, but the sites that sell US cd keys cost about $10 more than the US game sites, plus I don't see the logic in purchasing Catacombs twice or paying another £18 for software i already technically own) and install it on top of the Euro classic/SI, will it work?

If so, then it would cost $14.99+pnp all-up instead of $24.99 + £17.99 (or £9.99 for Cata only).

Tilda

Tallen said:
For someone who does not have catacombs, but does have the Classic/SI Euro versions...

So if i install my origional DAoC and SI euro versions (no point paying for these again),
You dont need to pay for them. The US free trial is effectivley a free SI key. So buy getting a trial, you effectivley are given a free copy of SI, but with only a 2 week trial, rather than only a month.

Tallen said:
then buy an American version of Catacombs and have it shipped (i know shipping is pricey, but the sites that sell US cd keys cost about $10 more than the US game sites, plus I don't see the logic in purchasing Catacombs twice or paying another £18 for software i already technically own)
Up to you I guess, but I think in the end, the price you pay for the game + the postage will be more than just buying the CD key and take longer to arrive.

Tallen said:
and install it on top of the Euro classic/SI, will it work?

If so, then it would cost $14.99+pnp all-up instead of $24.99 + £17.99 (or £9.99 for Cata only).
You ONLY need a catas key to play on the US classic servers.

As for installation, you only need 1 client installed. So if your going to be playing catas client, you only need to install that.
To do this, either install your EU version, patch it fully, and then change the patch to US and patch there.
Or, DL the EU client from GOA home page, patch fully and then re-patch up to the US version.
If you're going to be getting catas, theres no need to install SI or classic.

Tilda

kaedrick2

Fledgling Freddie
Help?

Being a complete dork where computers are concerned I would be grateful for some input. I have read all the posts here and (see the first sentence) am still slightly confused. I have eu catacombes on my pc. Do I log on to the american site to get a catacombes key to play there? If so, and having done this, do I just need to download the american patches or do I have to change the euro catacombes folders as described in the first post before doing so (which, I have to admit, I feel a great forboding about)?

Light

Loyal Freddie
all i did was copied my eu catas folder so i had a 2nd copy, changed the update.dat -> ran it so it patched to US. Then went to play - created an account using one of the trial version keys and i was away.

I then simply bought a catas cd-key - which is entered by the link from the startup screen (when you dont auto login, i.e. can see all the servers from)

Tilda

from your EU catas, change the update.dat file, then start catacombs.
It will connect to the US patcher and DL the US patches.
The changing the file is really easy, if you do it wrong, it just wont patch. Its very simple, just make sure there are no spaces at the end of any of the lines.

Once your program is patched you need a US account.
Go to the US camelot page and you can get a free SI account. It has only 2 weeks free but its effectivley a full account.
Then you just buy the catas key from a site and presto you're playing catas in US :D

Leave me a rep!

Kougar

Loyal Freddie
withought sounding utterly stupid..... when ordering the cd key, do i just add the comment 'cd key only' to the field below your address? as its asking me to go thru all the payment options.. i was wonderign as i thought id missed something.

never mind, i think ive done it, it was at the end! doh! btw... just so u eu players know, ill be under the name rheik.. server to be disclosed! :D hope i didnt fuck up the key thing :/

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
I don't think there's that many EU players left..

Umpaidh

Fledgling Freddie
still plenty of Eu players there.

got a guild half full of em and a fair few in /as.

See plenty of familar names out in the frontiers as well.

This is on hib/lamorak

O

OwnRvR

Many Many Players returned to daoc when classic servers were launched.
Players making fresh characters rolled on classic to avoid toa also.. This did Somewhat strip the old servers.

Having Returned to Classic with my guild on Lamorak US server, I'm thinking of rolling a char on euro classic for a change.

There have been many EU guilds on Classic servers, but many of these will be moving back to EU on classic release.

I played 4 years on US Servers now and mising out on peak acton aint fun.
Just hope there are some decent groups too join on EU Classic servers.

Mortious

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
Mythic Patch
patch.daoc.net:1280/updates/catacombs/mpatch.dat
patch.daoc.net:1280/updates/catacombs/mpatch.dat

Does anyone have what I need to put if i just want the SI client? If i try pathcing a fresh installed Si client using that I get a files corrupt message.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom