Looking for USR V.92 Serial

H

Happy Go Lucky

Now my ISP(Telewest) supports v.92 and modem on hold so I can recieve calls when connected. I'm ready to upgrade my modem,
I've singled out the USR External v.92 serial as the one I want. Could you help me find one online. I've only found USR US online store. I've tried dabs and pcworld online.

Cheers :)

J

Jonty

Hi Happy Go Lucky

Do you have a specific model? In the meantime, eBuyer stock a v.92 external USR modem. Alternatively, USR's website lists many online stores which stock their products (though not necessarily the model you're after).

Good luck

C

Ch3tan

I've got one somewhere, its an old model though, i'll have a looksee.

H

Happy Go Lucky

Hmm didn't know pcworld had a business website which seems to stock alot more. www.pcwb.com

I will prob get it from ebuyer, but need to decide whether to get the roughly £60 USR or the £40 creative external v.92 serial modem. I use a creative v.90 serial at the moment btw. So I might stick with that one, unless someone convinces me that the USR is worth paying the extra for.

Thanks guys btw :D

N

Nazgul

If I were you I would go for a good brand (such as US Robotics or something similar) PCI modem because they are much better in my experience.

H

Happy Go Lucky

I bought the usr in the end, for 60 quid from dixons.... I'm glad to say after 2 days of installing & re-installing the modem & s/w many times as well as ringing telewest to tell them to add call waiting for an extra pound (well worth it) it is now tested as working, but I can't really say that it connects quicker with v.92 I'm pleased but my only gripe is that ICN s/w doesn't always work the way it should, have to keep exiting it and starting it, and my connection... still there's always broadband :)

C

Clowneh!

Originally posted by Nazgul
If I were you I would go for a good brand (such as US Robotics or something similar) PCI modem because they are much better in my experience.
Mghh, I thought we was already talking about USR :)

N

Nazgul

hey i didnt take the chance that usr was or was not US Robotics

Users who are viewing this thread