looking for the "original".....

Discussion in 'Warhammer' started by Ctuchik, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Ctuchik

Ctuchik FH is my second home

warhammer promotion video, the one that was made long before Mythic took over.

been searching all over but all i can find are Mythic made videos and they aint even close to being as good :(

2. Draig

Draig Fledgling Freddie

3. Ctuchik

thats the one. thanks :)

4. Bahumat

Bahumat FH is my second home

That looked awful

5. Oskorei

Oskorei Fledgling Freddie

At least they implemented Skaven and Nurgle.

6. xxManiacxx

xxManiacxx Can't get enough of FH

that was like pre-alpha and quite a few years ago.

7. crispy

crispy Can't get enough of FH

Models looked ok actually, but they probably didnt do any hard work on the environment :>

8. Shirr

Shirr Fledgling Freddie

I remember visiting the Sega booth at that year's E3 in LA, they had this video running in awfull quality, and it looked very bland.

Only one demo pod had it ,and was kinda tucked away in a dark corner. :p Just stood there looking at it and asking myself 'WTF?' ^^.

9. Mabs

Mabs J Peasemould Gruntfuttock

skaven would be nice, but Nurgle wouldnt be doable with out an 18 rating. unless you tone it down, same for Khorne and Slaanesh, lots of blood, or people with their insides on the outside, or lots of almost naked people, doesnt do well at the BBFC ;)

10. Fafnir

Fafnir FH is my second home

[​IMG]
    If you missed the reasons why they choose the chaos the way they did :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Oskorei

Oskorei Fledgling Freddie

I know the reasons. I understand that marketing-wise it's the best thing to do. And ofcourse I need some (younger) players to pwn, so I won't argue about it. Just that I wanted to play Skaven, always have been a Skaven fan :)

12. Mabs

Mabs J Peasemould Gruntfuttock

dont quote me , but i read somewhere that skaven is the current favourite for addon race.

13. Fafnir

Fafnir FH is my second home

And the reason the war in W.A.R started.....

[​IMG]

14. Ctuchik

thats not why i like it. its the only video i've seen from WAR that have even a little bit of feeling thrown in to it.

15. Aesgir

Aesgir Loyal Freddie

Haha quoted....*goes for a lie down*

Yeah i know a lot of people interested in playing Skaven, mostly people who are playing greenskin until Skaven comes along. As a dwarf player, i'd be lying if i said i wasn't gonna roll a skaven on another server when they join. Probably a Clan Eshin assassin if they are included (and as a melee dps class, i honestly couldn't see why they wouldn't be).

I think the reason they aren't in from launch is lack of an obvious 'opponent' to square off against. Normally it'd be the empire, but they are kinda busy fighting chaos. And for good guys, theres only really Bretonnia and Wood Elves left, or at a stretch, Kislev. I can see Bretonnia making an appearance, but will it be against Skaven, or the Undead?

It'll probably be first expansion, when the Dark Elves buy the loyalty of the Skaven (with Warpstone) to prevent Bretonnia from coming to the aid of the Empire. (That's my theory anyway lol)

I can't really see Lizardmen or Chaos Dwarves entering the game except as npc's (and i wanted a silly Chaos Dwarf hat too.)

16. crispy

crispy Can't get enough of FH

go for a delete on this post mods!

i be wonrgs at pressings teh buttons

17. Draig

Draig Fledgling Freddie

18. Bodzilla

Bodzilla Fledgling Freddie

Give rats!
    Warpfire :flame:

19. svartalf

svartalf Can't get enough of FH