Looking for some Bonedancer template for .. insane soloing.

S

Staan

Yea planing to make one ... but i don't know wich template seems to be the best for soloing. thx in advance.

W

Whoodoo_RD

All BA makes a good set of pets, but they aint a lot of use in RvR IMO.

Full Supp, still let the pets do the work, add a few points into BA for pet boofs, lifetap should you need it.

Supp works for me anyway, easy solo oranges at level 35 with pants armour cause i cant be bothered to get any new stuff.

K

kaod

Originally posted by nope
Yea planing to make one ... but i don't know wich template seems to be the best for soloing. thx in advance.

48/23/9 - with 48 as supp and the 23/9 whichever way.

Darkness is favourable if you like to double-nuke a lot to keep damage tight.
BA gives you the DOT's to work with in RvR.

Supp allows you to either tank with the Commander with 2 pets healing, or to sit down after debuffing and just let the pets do the work.

Raging Power RA is a neccesity really, as BD's burn a lot of power faster with their spells.

V

Vell

Re: Re: Looking for some Bonedancer template for .. insane soloing.

Originally posted by kaod

Raging Power RA is a neccesity really, as BD's burn a lot of power faster with their spells.

Only if you go supp spec. A BA BD can pretty much chain oranges and some reds by casting your dots and letting the pets take the aggro. Of course, you do need some supp to get the healer pets. Hardly use any power since all you're doing is casting your 2 dots and maybe a debuff or two.

O

old.Rei Ayanami

PvE = BA for sure... and most people choose supp for ownage in RvR. I personally LOVE BA in RvR, you still have fun with your pets if you're mezzed, dots are great both in normal grps and RvR. Pets do insane damage due to them hitting for 100 each.. and with 3 pets swing every 3 sec that's alot.

I went 50 Ba and 17 supp + 7 dark. I like the spec. In keep raids you make 3 x L17 healing pets and dot the enemy to death :) Or just combine pet tanks/archers to take down targets with your own spells fast.

Unless you have tried BA at level 50 you don't really realise how many potentials it is. I'm one of the only people who probably likes BA, so i suggest you go with the mainstream. Supp BD is the most popular for a reason.

K

kaod

Re: Re: Re: Looking for some Bonedancer template for .. insane soloing.

Originally posted by Vell
Only if you go supp spec. A BA BD can pretty much chain oranges and some reds by casting your dots and letting the pets take the aggro. Of course, you do need some supp to get the healer pets. Hardly use any power since all you're doing is casting your 2 dots and maybe a debuff or two.

What pet mix can you chain like this with though and at what levels?

K

kaod

Originally posted by old.Rei Ayanami
PvE = BA for sure... and most people choose supp for ownage in RvR. I personally LOVE BA in RvR, you still have fun with your pets if you're mezzed, dots are great both in normal grps and RvR. Pets do insane damage due to them hitting for 100 each.. and with 3 pets swing every 3 sec that's alot.

I went 50 Ba and 17 supp + 7 dark. I like the spec. In keep raids you make 3 x L17 healing pets and dot the enemy to death :) Or just combine pet tanks/archers to take down targets with your own spells fast.

Unless you have tried BA at level 50 you don't really realise how many potentials it is. I'm one of the only people who probably likes BA, so i suggest you go with the mainstream. Supp BD is the most popular for a reason.

I guess each has their own favourite. I've tried all 3 in PvE up to around level 20 something.

Supp > BA > Dark - IMO.

O

old.Rei Ayanami

Problem is the dots only start getting good at 30+ And tbh... you need 2 melee pets to do well. They even intercept adds so they don't agro you. You can't judge a spec on the low levels... you need to try it out :) I have been chaining purple mobs in DF, ok i had a pom... but still... was purple mobs. BA is the PvE spec for sure. And i enjoy it the most for RvR too :)

K

kaod

Problem is the dots only start getting good at 30+ And tbh... you need 2 melee pets to do well. They even intercept adds so they don't agro you. You can't judge a spec on the low levels... you need to try it out :) I have been chaining purple mobs in DF, ok i had a pom... but still... was purple mobs. BA is the PvE spec for sure. And i enjoy it the most for RvR too :)

I agree with you and accept I only have up to level 2x experience of all, 40 for Dark and 50 for Supp.

Same back atcha though, do you know how it is to level with supp or dark? ;)

V

Vell

Re: Re: Re: Re: Looking for some Bonedancer template for .. insane soloing.

What pet mix can you chain like this with though and at what levels?

At 30 I had pet set up: 1 healer, 1Tanky thing, and my commander.

Pulling with a str debuff, let pets get a bit of aggro (not difficult since the nasty damage add is in this line), then follow it up with both dots (which stack, in case you didn't know). Then stand around doing sod all while the pets do the work.

Since I went supp early to get the first healer pet asap, my dots weren't particularly powerful at this level, but they were good enough to do the job. Oranges could be chained non-stop like this, only stopping for a quick mana regen when the buffs ran out - takes about half the power bar to cast them all again, but if you've gotten MCL from BG1 there's not much problem.

As the dots got more powerful (keeping supp at 17), I could filter in a few reds here and there - not too many though. You do use more power on these as they tend to resist the dots quite a lot. So you couldn't chain reds but you can add a few while chaining oranges without a problem.

Not got to 45 and my 3rd pet yet, but I imagine with another tank it would be even easier. I'll let you know when I do.

Not sure yet whether my final spec will be 47BA/24Supp/11Dark or 47BA/17Supp/20Dark.

K

kaod

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Looking for some Bonedancer template for .. insane soloing.

Not got to 45 and my 3rd pet yet, but I imagine with another tank it would be even easier. I'll let you know when I do.

You'll have to provide the heals yourself then ofc which will slow you down.
And you have to also factor in the 75 level pet cap. :(

L

laimez

If you have buffbot to help with leveling, id say supp spec is the best to go with. The pets are animals when buffed up by aug shammy. I remember soloing some executors on malmo by just with pets, when i was 45 level. Not saying its effective exp, but it shows what you can do with them. :)

Working spindel tactic for lazy: Go spot where you dont get agro but can target mobs. Buff pets up with shammy (guardian+healer), click target from yellow to red. Hit attack. Wait till they chew it up. Start from beging. Watch tv at same :) No downtime, just nice infinite flow of exp. And if you dont feel so lazy as i did, you can nuke once a while to make it faster.

Currently my spec is 24 dark, 47 supp, 11 bonearmy. Has worked great for me. Tho would like to get couple respec stones to try out bonearmy for change.

G

Grandpeck

ba/supp spec if u soloing pve.
For rvr well i like my bd spec 22 dark 48 supp 11 ba be when get respec with 1.62 i do 24 dark 48 supp and i think its 4-7 in ba or summit like that.From personal expeirence with Bd they can be a nightmare to spec,personally i'd love to see a Bd with a dark/ba spec just for fun,maybe if goa ever get the test server running we could all try these things out /damn u goa come-on sort it out already

R

redknapp

Every time i post about BDs, i seem to waffle on for ever, but ill try and buck the trend for once.

Basically, either BA or Supp works very well in PvE. Depending on your spec you get different pet classes:

Supp get seers

Dark gets mystics

BA gets fighters

Basically the BD in each case gets spells that compliment the pets utility. Therefore, the Supp BD gets Lifetap to help his healers keep up and stat debuffs to help him hit the target himself in melee. The BA BD gets dam add and DoT, to assist his pets in taking down the target quickly using melee weapons. The dark BD gets nukes to take down the target with his pets, as well as a debuff to the pets nuke damage type.

How does this translate into RvR and PvE soloing ability? Well a Supp BD is very hard to kill unless its done very quickly, but tends to take down a target fairly slowly. This becomes worse in RvR, where you encounter massive resists on some chars, that leave the LT struggling to even make a scratch. My own set-up for RvR is either 2 lvl 37 healers or 3 lvl 24, on a huge spacing.

The BA spec BD has more potential to cause damage to an enemy, but you still find that many put something into suppression to get a low level healer. All the same, if an enemy actually gets hold of a BA Bonedancer, the BD has very few tools to come back with. In PvE i have seen a lot of BA Bonedancers running with the archer pets at low level, but higher level BA Bonedancers normally use the Warriors or the Supp healers.

Dark spec basically is not a levelling spec. It is almost impossible to level a Dark BD PvE because the pets here are offensive casters. They cast debuffs and nukes, which when they hit do half decent damage. However, these pets are GREEN con, meaning that most of the time they just get resisted. The only Dark spec i know that supposedly has worked in some cases is that of the Darktapper, where spec is split between Dark and Supp. I may well be tempted to try this next patch, although i have to do the maths on it first.

Damn i waffled....

K

kaod

Originally posted by Grandpeck
ba/supp spec if u soloing pve.
For rvr well i like my bd spec 22 dark 48 supp 11 ba be when get respec with 1.62 i do 24 dark 48 supp and i think its 4-7 in ba or summit like that.From personal expeirence with Bd they can be a nightmare to spec,personally i'd love to see a Bd with a dark/ba spec just for fun,maybe if goa ever get the test server running we could all try these things out /damn u goa come-on sort it out already

Yeah, a test server that allows free Full and RA respecs that returns to previous state every day or something would be nice :)

V

Vell

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Looking for some Bonedancer template for .. insane soloing.

You'll have to provide the heals yourself then ofc which will slow you down.
And you have to also factor in the 75 level pet cap. :(

No I wouldn't....after 45 I would have 2 tanks, my commander and 1 healer, who should (fingers crossed) be able to managed the healing. If not, then I could try 1 tank, and 2 healers, which would probably be fine.

As for the 75cap, it's a problem that all BD face whatever spec you choose, but since I would have low level healing pets I can't see it being too much of a problem.

Will let you know when I get there, but as of yet, I haven't really found many flaws with a BA BD, with a little bit of supp.

S

soullessminion

At 48, my bd is 47 sup rest split bone and dark (will respec to 47 sup rest dark next patch) can chain most oranges by simply useing, Dot, 1 tap, and melle till staff procs :) If my wa2 fires on a staff proc dot then its all over for the poor mob :)

R

Runolaz

Just wanted to know if any have tried like 46Dark/27Supp/8BA for 50% cold debuff and baseline Darknukes + Lifetaps...in RvR.

K

kaod

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Looking for some Bonedancer template for .. insane soloing.

No I wouldn't....after 45 I would have 2 tanks, my commander and 1 healer, who should (fingers crossed) be able to managed the healing. If not, then I could try 1 tank, and 2 healers, which would probably be fine.

That was my point. You said with another tank it would be easier.
Generally it isnt because either the tank is too low to hit the mob (especailly if orange or red) or you end up with a healer that is probably going to die very fast.

As for the 75cap, it's a problem that all BD face whatever spec you choose, but since I would have low level healing pets I can't see it being too much of a problem.
[/B]

Not so much for the supp BD really. 2 green healers heal for more than 3 low level ones, have more hp's and faster cast rate due to higher dex.
The comment regarding the level cap was again based on your comment about the extra tank being useful to 1 healer, 1 tank, 1 commander. Something has to give.

K

kaod

Originally posted by redknapp
Therefore, the Supp BD gets Lifetap to help his healers keep up and stat debuffs to help him hit the target himself in melee.
Stat debuffs are baseline so all BD get this, so it's a not really a worthy "feature" of Supp BD.

How does this translate into RvR and PvE soloing ability? Well a Supp BD is very hard to kill unless its done very quickly, but tends to take down a target fairly slowly. This becomes worse in RvR, where you encounter massive resists on some chars, that leave the LT struggling to even make a scratch.
[/B]
My BD is non-SC, only in epic with not particularly great stat items (he doesn't even cap bonuses) and never really got resisted in RvR.
I barely recall many occasions of base Dark spell or Lifetap not hitting tbh.
Plus the damage of the LT was pretty high, even without having access to the debuff from dark line.
With Raging Power, 1 on 1 with a Hib or Alb tank with IP up, there is generally only 1 winner so the damage must be significant.

P

piggeman

I soloed my BD from lvl 1 to 42 (with BB ofc). From there I ran to lair and took care of the list (both G1 and G2), so I was "needed" there. I ding'ed 50 after 2 days in lair.

It seem that most people have problem with their power. I have no problem taking one without more then 50%. I've even taken 3 with enough power left to rebuff myself. IMO, all casters of any kind should have RA Serenity in any form. I only got Serenity 1 at the moment, but are working on nr.2 now. It will greatly help you "save" power, when you're out of have POM.

Alot of people I've met seem to think that BD BA is the only "good" BD (most of them think all suck) in RvR. They say Supp are only good for soloing infils and PvE farming. I've played alot with my Supp BD (48 supp, 24 dark), which I favour most of all my charaters atm. And in MY opinion, Supp BD work very well in RvR. They DD isn't "that" good atm but boosted with LifeDrain, Supp BD can deal alot of pain in FG vs FG. Their AE pulzing snare (Supp spec) is very good to remove 3-4 tanks attacking a support class (It's almost that good that I'm thinking on respecing to 49 Supp/22 Dark). And then of course we have our Commander that accturly are pretty good when Shammy buffed (with my spec my own pet buffs are bad).

When 1.62 is here to ruine all LA users, the BD will get a new base DD (50th) which will increase the damage amount greatly.

And when retake all power relics ;), we will have more nerf/whine thread about BD then we had about LA! :D

R

redknapp

Stat debuffs are baseline so all BD get this, so it's a not really a worthy "feature" of Supp BD.

My BD is non-SC, only in epic with not particularly great stat items (he doesn't even cap bonuses) and never really got resisted in RvR.
I barely recall many occasions of base Dark spell or Lifetap not hitting tbh.
Plus the damage of the LT was pretty high, even without having access to the debuff from dark line.
With Raging Power, 1 on 1 with a Hib or Alb tank with IP up, there is generally only 1 winner so the damage must be significant.

I have hit a Luri, in a group on group encounter, using highest level LT, for 61(-182)

Im not talking about resisting your spell,im talking about resisting the damage. If you aint encountering people with nice resists, i can only assume you havent met any real high RR properly equipped enemies

P

piggeman

I have hit a Luri, in a group on group encounter, using highest level LT, for 61(-182)
nerf hib resist! :(

K

kaod

Im not talking about resisting your spell,im talking about resisting the damage. If you aint encountering people with nice resists, i can only assume you havent met any real high RR properly equipped enemies

I've met a mixture, although tbh mostly albs.

Maybe I just got lucky, but I hit high RR for more than 61. :D

S

soullessminion

Sadly our Focus Ae snare with a 350 radius is Broken, its a known bug and only effects 1 target atm :(

K

kaod

Originally posted by soullessminion
Sadly our Focus Ae snare with a 350 radius is Broken, its a known bug and only effects 1 target atm :(

Like most things on the BD list: broken.

BD TL has talked about getting it replaced with something else, since there are major issues with it's use if it *was* working.

None of the AoE pet buffs AoE, including the BD specific RA. A real pain in the rear end, when you use a whole bar of power just to buff the pets and yourself before RvR, and the same again if you are still alive that long.

However, this is all ok... I mean, we got pointy hats. That's whats important.

O

old.Rei Ayanami

I hope they increase the DOT values like the TL suggests. Because my dots are only hitting for 80ish atm :( It's ok since u have melee pets but still...

K

kaod

I hope they increase the DOT values like the TL suggests. Because my dots are only hitting for 80ish atm :( It's ok since u have melee pets but still...

What kind of damage do you get on all 3 DoTs?

Would be nice if you had the choice to keep the commander out of the fight and send the other minions in too. :)

H

hiban

Want me to tell u what to spec? once and for all? S U P P!

Suppression speced bonedancers are the future. killing single oranges fast or simply stand inside a camp of aggro blue conned mobs and go afk (lol) at 30+ : summon 1 healer and 2 fighter pets, buff yourself and stand in the middle of the camp. When pets get aggro, they kill... when you get aggro, pets take it and kill :) Agreed, its no way near being PLed, but its good for not doing anything. This is also great to fix standings with different mobs as well... did this at the skellie camp in muspel when i needed better standing with dverges for one of my epix.

My spec at 50 will be: 47 supp, 22 darkness and 14 bone army

47 supp: (dont spit at insta lifetap and 2 or 3 personal healers, do u?)

22 darkness: (for the first body debuff. Thats -15%. And as my lifetap is body damage, i think it might be usefull) Notice this is a BODY debuff, not cold debuff as char builder say...

14 bone army: (its the left overs. Tho it gives me a dex/quick and damage add pet only buff. Pretty nice as i have no bb.)

B

benknuser

to soulles

I heard that the ae snare would be fixed in the next patch? Can anyone confirm this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom