Looking for quality multiplayer rts/rpg games

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Recently ive been bored gameplay wise, tired of singleplayer games and mmo's. So i thought i'd go for something a little more simple. Are there any new titles anyone of you guys can recommend and / or be willing to join in for some casual gaming fun. Have had my eyes on Sacred 2 but never tried it, thoughts?

kamorrista

Fledgling Freddie
they say Sacred was a good one, however I don't know about 2nd part, you can always play Baldur's Gate collection or then play MMORPGs, Ragnarok, Lineage, EQ or whatever.

There is also Diablo 2 (soon 3?) but those are more a mob killer.

then there is a bunch of less known games you can browse Here :)

Edit: browse the searcher for more rpg online games

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Sacred was good yes abit dated now but still a very nice little game :) avoid Sacred 2 tho its terrible.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
I really liked Sacred 2. It was really buggy though, crashed too often (as is always the case with these smaller European developers). A lot of fun in co-op. Lots of abilities and ways of speccing the characters, shit loads of quests.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
you can always play Baldur's Gate collection

All i needed to read. I was thinking, could be fun to play 6 player Baldurs Gate 1 - 2 / Neverwinter Nights 1 - 2 / Icewind Dale 1 - 2 game. Would take a lot of teamplay but oh so fun, and im not really good at controlling 6 characters at the same time. By using game-ranger you can create a server for any of the games and start playing. Who's up for it?

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Could sort teamspeak and such. There are two of us already, so 4 more and we are set! Some day soon.

kamorrista

Fledgling Freddie
Sounds great, wish i had the time for it :/ hope you enjoy your journey through forgotten realms :D

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Baldur's series are good multiplayer - never liked it solo.

Maybe try Starcraft 2? Relatively new and bugs are ironed out. First one was so awesome I am hoping the second will be half as good and I'll be happy, seems good atm (I'll play more multiplayer before I make my final decision on it.)

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
How does BG work in multiplayer? Can anyone pause when they feel like it?

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Man, I'd so be up for a BG playthrough, but no time!

Plus, I love doing crazy solo runs! :p

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
The Master can set the rules, meaning he can set who can pause, who can talk/trade etc.

Hmmm, and it works fine? Doesn't sound like a nice system to me =/

Reminds me that I need to play BG2 again at some point.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
When there is more time we can start a BG2 multiplayer tbh. Like, next summer!

Man, I'd so be up for a BG playthrough, but no time!

Plus, I love doing crazy solo runs! :p

Ahh solo runs are the sh*t. What class do you play?

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Ahh solo runs are the sh*t. What class do you play?

I've never got into casters in RPG games, so mostly melee classes. Blade was by far the easiest, Monk was pretty good, druid was pretty impossible and I gave up.
The thing is you can play a fighting char and just go get celestial fury straight away, makes the first chapters easy!

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
I've never got into casters in RPG games, so mostly melee classes. Blade was by far the easiest, Monk was pretty good, druid was pretty impossible and I gave up.
The thing is you can play a fighting char and just go get celestial fury straight away, makes the first chapters easy!

I only made it once, the whole BG2 + throne of baal run solo.

It was with a monk. The first levels were a pain, but by the last chapters of BG2 and in the expansion, the monk was a beast: so much dodgin, almost magic inmune and explode-palming things left and right. Takin on a dragon solo it was sooooo funny. :)

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Did a 2 player playthrough of the whole BG series last year over the course of a month or so.

It's an awesome game and co-op just makes it better. 6 player might be a bit hard to coordinate on some of the harder fights though

Helme

Resident Freddy
Dungeon Siege!!

Krug! Krug!

edit: In all seriousness though, if you can find someone to play it with I would check out Battle for Middle Earth 2. It's completly broken balance wise but it's very fun to play with friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom