Looking for an AC

daoc_xianghua

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 14, 2004
Messages
576
as title says already i´m looking for an AC
i need a MP chain helm, thats all

i´ll pay well if it happens fast :p
 

JackHeart

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
287
Lazyness?

First... Define pay well..

Second.. To make a MP chain you will need a lot of leather helms. You could easily count to have to do about 70 of them (worst case over 100). If I dont remember wrong they take 55 sec each to make. So lets say 70, would make an hour only making the leather helms. Every AC dont have a tailor that could do them.

Then you have to make all the chains, and they take about 70 sec each, and that is almost 1,5 hours. So only 2.5 hours in making a MP helm, do get what 10p?
Then you have spent proberbly around half an hour more in just getting materials and bouncing all the helms between tailor and armorcrafter.
Then substracting the cost for all the materials (7-8p?) will make a pretty low payment..

I can admit that you MAY have luck and make that MP in the first try, and then you get very easy money.

You can also be followed by alot of bad luck. I once took a order for a ML chain circlet for 10p, but had to give up, when I had spent about 15p to try to make one, without getting a singel MP.. Sure I got like 50 99, but noone buys them today, so you have to sell them back to merchant..

So from that day I never took a "fix price" job, unless I got things in stock. I now want to be paid by try, with a fixed add or a finalization bonus.

But tbh with a full time job, family and a nice spring weather outside I want to spend my few hours online together with some friends doing something fun rather than standing infront of a forge, watching a never ending green bar and hoping for that liberating sound..

That was my five cents.. Didnt mean to upset anyone if I did, and I beg for forgivness if any calculations or time estimates are wrong. (Took them from my head)
 

daoc_xianghua

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 14, 2004
Messages
576
JackHeart said:
Lazyness?

First... Define pay well..

Second.. To make a MP chain you will need a lot of leather helms. You could easily count to have to do about 70 of them (worst case over 100). If I dont remember wrong they take 55 sec each to make. So lets say 70, would make an hour only making the leather helms. Every AC dont have a tailor that could do them.

Then you have to make all the chains, and they take about 70 sec each, and that is almost 1,5 hours. So only 2.5 hours in making a MP helm, do get what 10p?
Then you have spent proberbly around half an hour more in just getting materials and bouncing all the helms between tailor and armorcrafter.
Then substracting the cost for all the materials (7-8p?) will make a pretty low payment..

I can admit that you MAY have luck and make that MP in the first try, and then you get very easy money.

You can also be followed by alot of bad luck. I once took a order for a ML chain circlet for 10p, but had to give up, when I had spent about 15p to try to make one, without getting a singel MP.. Sure I got like 50 99, but noone buys them today, so you have to sell them back to merchant..

So from that day I never took a "fix price" job, unless I got things in stock. I now want to be paid by try, with a fixed add or a finalization bonus.

But tbh with a full time job, family and a nice spring weather outside I want to spend my few hours online together with some friends doing something fun rather than standing infront of a forge, watching a never ending green bar and hoping for that liberating sound..

That was my five cents.. Didnt mean to upset anyone if I did, and I beg for forgivness if any calculations or time estimates are wrong. (Took them from my head)

excal seriously is a fucked up server ...
 

Helme

FH is my second home
Joined
Mar 29, 2004
Messages
3,161
daoc_xianghua said:
excal seriously is a fucked up server ...
Because someone can't be arsed to sit days in a row infront of thier computerscreen pressing the same key and watching the same bar over and over again, so you can have fun?
 

daoc_xianghua

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 14, 2004
Messages
576
Helme said:
Because someone can't be arsed to sit days in a row infront of thier computerscreen pressing the same key and watching the same bar over and over again, so you can have fun?

no cuz prydwen ppl arent such greedy freaks
there a full set MP scale costs between 12-15p (20 when its rly expensive)
charging 10p for 1 part is just laughable

i have a crafter on prydwen myself and i know how annoying it is but its in no way worth that much cash

when ppl dont want to sit hours in front of the crafting bar than how about dont make one?
 

Gungo

One of Freddy's beloved
Joined
Jun 30, 2004
Messages
590
daoc_xianghua said:
no cuz prydwen ppl arent such greedy freaks
there a full set MP scale costs between 12-15p (20 when its rly expensive)
charging 10p for 1 part is just laughable

i have a crafter on prydwen myself and i know how annoying it is but its in no way worth that much cash

when ppl dont want to sit hours in front of the crafting bar than how about dont make one?
Then my suggestion would be to either make yourself a ACer and Tailor, or Stick with prydwen, the second option seems like the best option for you imo.

Even if you base the crafting on a 2% chance of MP using a fixed price, that equates to 50 retries per item, which in turn = little under 20plat, so my guess is prydwen are very lucky, or you are full of crap.
 

motormunk

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Apr 22, 2005
Messages
102
People are full of shit, some prices are laughable tbh.. and it dosent take days to make a single helm ffs.

pm me ingame Seltir, we can prolly work something out.
 

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 25, 2004
Messages
931
There are more gov's in housing than mp chain helms, and yet gov is more expensive, go figure. Can agree that prices are fucked up, but I think you got it a bit wrong. B.tw. I have an mp chain circlet lying around, and the price is 20p, greedy, but if I want to get my hands on some of the things on the merchants, I need it.
 

Galoma

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 2, 2004
Messages
615
i have been crafting for a MP chain boots and legs... so far w/o keeping an excat noumber of trys im over 250 and under 300... w/o makeing any of them :(

but on the other hand i have made 5 MP inners :wanker:

the prices on the MP items are set by the ppl crafting... if u don't like them... go farm a set of oceanus armor.... or make your own damn crafter :wij:
 

Kais

Banned
Joined
Jul 28, 2004
Messages
655
best you can do is check the market explorer every so often. Some crafters still sell at reasonable prices, though it will cost in excess of 25p to get the usual parts you need its not all that bad considering how easy plat is to get nowadays.
 

TommyJ

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Aug 8, 2004
Messages
246
If you need help with that order come and see me ;-)

You can either pm me ingame but i think you will find that one hard or you can add me to your msn or write me a mail the adress can you find below and is working as my mail and msn.
 

daoc_xianghua

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 14, 2004
Messages
576
motormunk said:
People are full of shit, some prices are laughable tbh.. and it dosent take days to make a single helm ffs.

pm me ingame Seltir, we can prolly work something out.
nice to see not every crafter on excal is a greedy useless bitch :wub:
 

daoc_xianghua

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 14, 2004
Messages
576
Galoma said:
i have been crafting for a MP chain boots and legs... so far w/o keeping an excat noumber of trys im over 250 and under 300... w/o makeing any of them :(

but on the other hand i have made 5 MP inners :wanker:

the prices on the MP items are set by the ppl crafting... if u don't like them... go farm a set of oceanus armor.... or make your own damn crafter :wij:

one word:

G R E E D

ah well prolly the average age on prydwen is higher than 12 like on excal
 

acherfotm

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Apr 6, 2004
Messages
141
daoc_xianghua said:
nice to see not every crafter on excal is a greedy useless bitch :wub:
How can you call it greed when they take 10p for an item that costed them 10p to make? you could prolly get a much better price if your guild offerd to do some artis with the crafter (or farm some scrolls) and then get all the crafting for material costs for your guild or something. altho chain can ofcourse be expensive even at material costs. dont expect crafters to give you all their time if you dont give them anything in return other then telling them that they are "greedy useless bitch"es
 

Grimmen

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jul 28, 2004
Messages
569
acherfotm said:
How can you call it greed when they take 10p for an item that costed them 10p to make? you could prolly get a much better price if your guild offerd to do some artis with the crafter (or farm some scrolls) and then get all the crafting for material costs for your guild or something. altho chain can ofcourse be expensive even at material costs. dont expect crafters to give you all their time if you dont give them anything in return other then telling them that they are "greedy useless bitch"es

Second that. IMO xianghua should sod off back to Prydwen since all you seem to be capable of is flaming Excalibur players.
 

Gungo

One of Freddy's beloved
Joined
Jun 30, 2004
Messages
590
Grimmen said:
Second that. IMO xianghua should sod off back to Prydwen since all you seem to be capable of is flaming Excalibur players.
I Third that, sod off back to prydwen, i mean whats the point in you being somewhere full of greedy feckers who dont want you around them.
 

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 3, 2004
Messages
1,879
daoc_xianghua said:
excal seriously is a fucked up server ...
Only Mid xd

Got my 2 MP pieces @ Hib in an hour~, got lucky tho :OD

WB Xianghua, don't listen to these PvE Thane noobs
 

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Joined
Jan 9, 2004
Messages
8,306
lazyness ?

eh i tried to help you, even at no profit cost, but couldnt get accses to a tailor, even told you that i'd do it if You took the time to get some leather, and again pure crafting costs..so who's the lazyone eh ? :p
offer stil stands btw, gimme leather and i'll give it a go
 

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 25, 2004
Messages
931
He plays his healer shit too, leeched up to rr7 from savage assist trains, those were the days, weren't they?
 

motormunk

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Apr 22, 2005
Messages
102
Leel said:
He plays his healer shit too, leeched up to rr7 from savage assist trains, those were the days, weren't they?
who are you superman? :D what do you know about anything? you think you're so cool, but youre just another fuckáre tbh
 

Lethul

FH is my second home
Joined
Jan 25, 2004
Messages
8,433
Leel said:
He plays his healer shit too, leeched up to rr7 from savage assist trains, those were the days, weren't they?
he played his healer quite well fyi. who are you to tell how he played his healer anyway? not like you ever was in his groups
 

Sourcream

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Oct 30, 2004
Messages
238
Just PM me imo...old timers get Material cost price imo , good to have ppl back on DAoC , and not on PvE World of Warcraft....
 

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 25, 2004
Messages
931
Grouped with him some weeks ago on a few runs. Anyways, might have been a long time since he played his healer. Was more of a flame than anything else:-p
Was just a pickup group and it hella sucked.
 

JackHeart

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
287
daoc_xianghua said:
one word:

G R E E D

ah well prolly the average age on prydwen is higher than 12 like on excal
So.. Charging by cost is greed? Since it is highly random to get MP the crafter takes a great risk, and like everything else you should get payed for the risk and for the time you put in.

Why it is cheaper on Prywd (if it is) is proberbly because they are all 12, cant do math and have way to much spare time on their hands..
 

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
2,185
JackHeart said:
Why it is cheaper on Prywd (if it is) is proberbly because they are all 12, cant do math and have way to much spare time on their hands..
I think that one was, as we say in Sweden, Klockrent! :wub:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom