looking for a space RTS game...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
simmilar to homeworld/homeworld 2.

tried sins of a solar empire but it didnt quite fit the bill. i need something storydriven to tell me what to do :)

should probably be something fairly recent aswell ;)

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
haegemonia is supposed to be a great alternative to Homeworld, I remember playing the demo years ago and enjoying it.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
yeah i have it. to much micromanaging tho, especially when you start to get a few planets in different system and pirates attack all of em at once.

i want something half braindead like HW/HW2 with a story :)

got sword of the stars dirt cheap a few days ago but that fucking game is turn based so thats no fun either :(

goddamn! i want a homeworld 3 :(

Vae

Resident Freddy
Apart from Sins of a Solar Empire I can't recall anything decent out there so you'll just to wait for Starcraft 2 :p

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
I really like Sins, especially with the expansion but usually only up til I have the advantage - then its just a slog taking the remaining planets...

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I really like Sins, especially with the expansion but usually only up til I have the advantage - then its just a slog taking the remaining planets...

Aye victory conditions can be a bit painful.

I've got the both expansions and been playing a bit of SoaSE: Diplomacy last few weeks (was in the beta too). Its good fun but once you know you've got the game won it can still take a long time. It really needs Master of Orion style options where you can go finish off quickly once you have a massive advantage.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
I like what they have done with the AI in Diplomacy, I thought I had won and sent a token fleet to their homeworld and little did I know they kept their main fleet away, my forces were attacking their buildings and bam their fleet jumped in bigger than I thought they had left and destroyed my fleet and took 5 systems before I could build a bigger enough force to take them down.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Nexus:The Jupiter Incident?

Decided to give this one a go, but i cant say i'm overly impressed with it.

got as far as to getting that alien ship and going through the wormhole no problem.

but now i'm facing ships that also has shields, and they are virtually impenetrable. it doesent matter what loadout i'm using i just can not break through the shields on any of the enemies i face on that convoy mission.

been looking at the IGN walkthrough and using their recomended loadout and a huge mix of my own but the best i can do is to kill 1 measly ship other then the fighters out of the 15 or so in total, meaning i guaranteed fail the secondary objective wich is to make sure all freighters survive.

if its gonna be this hard this early on (and i'm playing on EASY!) i sure don't want to spend any more time on it.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
It is difficult, managed to get back to Earth with the new ship, but my copy was bugged on that mission, the mission never ended, you would complete the objectives and that was it, you would just wander about nothing happening.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
i restarted with a new save and things actually work for me now, i can actually kill stuff now.

although the resource points really piss me off.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Eep, clunky interface. Very strong Babylon 5 feel to it. I like the ability to pinpoint devices on targets. Potentially strong tactical fun if the interface doesn't put me off too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom