Looking for a nice guild willing to take on a noob alb :)

K

kameh

Hiya,

I'm playing on Albion/Prydwen for a while (need a break from Midgard/excal). I'm hoping to find a nice friendly guild to join, I do not need money or items but you may occasionally get a really dense noobie question from me!

I'm only level 6 at the moment (been crafting to make my own instruments) so if you think I'd fit in with your guild (chat a lot) then PM me in game or reply here please :D

Myth - Level 6 Minstrel

N

Nightchill

I replied on the aesir's forums too but a few of us have started Tempore Graviora on alb/pryd. It's low level and good fun :) You're obv welcome to join, just as anyone from aesir's is.

S

sru

If you are looking for a very friendly, roleplay guild I can recommend the Knights Templar.

- No PL'ing
- great chats
- Shaeffer Dolls free
- mad spellcrafters
- even madder alchemists
- More Shaeffer Dolls
- Hendricks Weapon Shop (tm)
- Did I mention Sheffer Dolls
- Huge range of levels
- oh .. and guess what SD's

N

Nightchill

Knights Templar are a roleplay guild aren't they?

O

old.linnet

Templars are a good guild and all, but I'm not sure that 'friendly' is really the word that comes to mind.

S

sru

Originally posted by old.linnet
Templars are a good guild and all, but I'm not sure that 'friendly' is really the word that comes to mind.

Thanks Lin .. appreciated :rolleyes:

S

sru

Originally posted by Nightchill
Knights Templar are a roleplay guild aren't they?

yup

http://www.knightstemplar.cc

2nd largest guild even though its RP (though not the very heavy kind you might find in some MUDs etc.)

Also not full of 50's all looking for RvR and not caring about new people. Loads at all levels.

P

Pixie.Pebr

Originally posted by old.linnet

Bitterness.
Such a joy for mankind we are blessed with it.

Move along now hon and don't look back.

T

Turamber

Guardians of Power, been in a few guilds and GoP is the best.

Some individuals enjoy their roleplay, all help others levelling and with money problems. Most importantly very friendly and easy to get along with. Even me. Most of the time :eek:

C

CliffyG

Try Knights of the Round Table, very large guild. In fact the biggest on the whole server, filled with helpful people. Plenty of organised events for all levels and in-guild crafters to help with all your needs. We have a wide variety of levels (including many people new to the game) so you should have no problem finding a guild group too. Message Haedric in game for an invite :).

G

Generic Poster

Originally posted by CliffyG
Try Knights of the Round Table

Isn't it: Knights 0f the Round Table ?
If that's the one, you have some of the funniest names in that guild!

Completely unrelated, but does anyone remember 'Communist Gypsy Muthas'?
I think they lasted about a week before GOA closed them down :D

G

gervase

..if your still looking....

Well, if your still looking for a guild to join, why not give us a look?

Your more than welcome to give our humble guild a try, to see wether it is to your liking!

Contact one of the guilds Co-Gm's in game, namely, Kyra, Choppy, Fightersuntzu or my brother, Casbardh.

You can see our webbie at...

http://www.avidgamers.com/TDS_Camelot

Yours in the Cause!

O

old.Ziera

A lot of fine guilds have been mentioned here, so I will just take a bit of time to explain a little of Utopia.

Utopia is a democratic guild. If you like arranging events, hunts, roleplaying and RvR, this is the guild for you. The key in Utopia is that you have to give to get. This doesn't mean that we wont supply you with items or money if you are in need, but simply that the more dedicated you are, the more fun it will be. As any other guild, we have people who have studied just about every corner of DAoC and will be able to answer most question you throw at them.

We are not a roleplay guild, but we like to roleplay, though, perhaps a little differently from the full roleplaying guilds.
<slaps Cauton again for losing her hand to Asori>

On the downside, most of our members are lvl 30+, so it will probably be a bit difficult for you to get guild groups.

Leaders are Cauton, Liste and me. We are usually on daily.

T

The Fifth Man

I always find it a bit squeamish when Guilds advertise themselves. My advice is look around, group with people generally and chat to them as you fight about their guild. Go check out their website. If they haven't got a good website, then they're more likely to be a group of mates, rather than an actual organisation as such. That's no bad thing. If it sounds your cup of tea, go for it.

Generalisations are crass, every guild would claim to help out its lower lvl members, but I'm willing to be crass here. There are lots and lots of guilds on Albion. These are just the big old ones, which have stood the test of time :

RvR guilds (lots of 50's, strongly led, lots on IRC, lots of Emain, lots of Legion kills) : The 30, Servants of the Lake, Lords of England

PvE/RvR guilds (20-40 lvl 50s, fair spread of lvls, strongly led, friendly, active in RvR) : Griffon Knights, Pheonix Legion, Dragon Senate, Black Circle, Guardians of Power, Disciples of Aldur

Roleplay guild (similar to PvE/RvR guild, but everyone roleplays) : Order of the Knights Templar

Apart from these, the Rigante are starting to make a name for themselves. There's a couple of mainly Swedish/Dutch guilds, I can't remember which. The Knights of the Round Table are very big, but fairly new, and so a bit of an unknown quantity.

Bottom line is that the vast majority of people in all guilds are nice people. If your aim is to hit 50 fast and then RvR intensively, the first three are probably best. If you're after a less intensive, slower, broader experience in a well-organised large guild, then any of the others could serve your purpose.

A

Adelle

Originally posted by old.Ziera
We are not a roleplay guild, but we like to roleplay, though, perhaps a little differently from the full roleplaying guilds.

Bah! It was you who forced me to fight, you should've know I would lose to a paladin! I refuse to take any responsibility for whatever he does with your hand.

I just hope he cleans it when he's done with it.

N

Nightchill

Originally posted by The Fifth Man
I always find it a bit squeamish when Guilds advertise themselves. My advice is look around, group with people generally and chat to them as you fight about their guild. Go check out their website. If they haven't got a good website, then they're more likely to be a group of mates, rather than an actual organisation as such. That's no bad thing. If it sounds your cup of tea, go for it.
I'd think that most guilds have to turn away members by the droves. The reason I posted is simply beacuse Mus is from Aesir's Blade (mid/excal), and so is everyone in Tempore Graviora :)

G

Generic Poster

Originally posted by old.Ziera

Asori won you in a duel:confused:

/duel challenge Asori ;)

A

Adelle

No, he won her hand. And no, we don't know what he is doing with it, nor do we want to know. I'm just praying it will be returned clean and undamaged. I was rather fond of that hand, Ziera could do some amazing things with it...

J

Jilly

I suggest you try a few out and see what suits you best.

we will give you a try out time at Shadowbreed as we do with all members..If our guild doesn't suit you then you can move on until you find one that you really feel comfortable in. We all work for that same aim which is Albion. and you have loads of guilds to choose from including role play ones.

one's i can reccomend you ask as well as us are :

The Black Circle
LoE (one of the biggest) and

Templar's who do the role play game

but there are many others who are good too. Enquire as to how long a guild has been in existence and how many members it has .. that will give you a good idea of how experienced it is.

good luck too.

G

Garnet

Originally posted by Pixie.Pebr

Bitterness.
Such a joy for mankind we are blessed with it.

Move along now hon and don't look back.

<slaps Sir Graham from being the nice, kind, supportive person to being the evilest git in the universe.> What has Camlann done to you ....

M

_medea_

Originally posted by sru
If you are looking for a very friendly, roleplay guild I can recommend the Knights Templar.

- No PL'ing
- great chats
- Shaeffer Dolls free
- mad spellcrafters
- even madder alchemists
- More Shaeffer Dolls
- Hendricks Weapon Shop (tm)
- Did I mention Sheffer Dolls
- Huge range of levels
- oh .. and guess what SD's

Hmmm what do you mean even madder alchemists??? I mean the fact that we've been chained to that bloody table for the past <counts on fingers> hm.... 72 hours doesn't makes us mad now? <blinks> does it? I mean. I can stop. I know i can. I just don't want to. ok? <bites finger nails> well... ok... maybe i like it a little too much. But still. I'm not addicted. no no not at all!!!

<cackles madly>

O

old.Tyraette

Templar Dolls

Shaeffer Dolls > all items

Fully poseable limbs so you can flex mightily too!

Pull string that activates Pfft voice sample!

JUST OUT!!! Following improvements to the Alchemy crafting skill, you can now purchase Shaeffer Doll +!! Watch as the little guy now has reactive procs on all armour! These include 'ooo aaaah' reverse proc, 100% charm, 60sec duration!

Accessories include Magnetic Treeloe! Watch your Shaeffer Doll instantly find himself attracted to her! Complete with kissing sound on contact!

Glowing sword. Unfortunately it has been made too big to fit in his hands, so your Shaeffer doll will just have to admire it whilst it lays on the ground.

Troll Nemisis. Watch as your lovely Shaeffer doll gets beaten up again, and again, and again. With realistic gurgling and screaming noises.

NEW OUT. Beanie Bag Shaeffer, be impressed by the way he actually falls like a sack of S***E from tall buildings.

More accessories for your doll later.

(New products out soon include the Corranhorn Doll... watch how it runs in a completely different direction to all other dolls. Please do not confuse with the Cirwan doll. Also the Aeth "charge em" Doll, complete with hobby horse, and the Gai "only for adults" doll, complete with cheesy one liners disk.)

Myste doll - Complete with glowing eyes and an Em companion, sexy red tights sold separately. Warning - children should be careful, as tounge is sharp and may cause injury if not handled with care.

Hendrick doll - Comes with mini anvil and hammer. Must be dipped in alcohol twice daily or will dry up and crack. Optional alternative treatment - keep in a closed dark box with Myste doll.

I had a nightmare one time, woke up in a cold sweat

Shaeffer: <Whistles merrily>
Shaeffer: <Dances a bit>
Shaeffer: <looks curious> Whats this on my back?
Shaeffer: <yanks it>
Shaeffer: Pfft!
Shaeffer: Huh?
Shaeffer: I didnt want to do that!
Shaeffer: <yanks it again>
Shaeffer: Pfft!
Shaeffer: er...<frowns> ok
Shaeffer: <whistles nervously>
Shaeffer: Oh my, a speck of muck on my jerkin! Can't have that!
Shaeffer: <scratches it>
Shaeffer: <flexes mightily>
Shaeffer: <blinks>
Shaeffer: er...wuh?
Shaeffer: its still there grrr
Shaeffer: <scratches it again>
Shaeffer: <flexes mightily>
Shaeffer: <is getting slightly scared>
Shaeffer: oh..Hi Treeloe hon! <Grins and waves>
Shaeffer: /stick
Shaeffer: er...hi <blushes>

See? We're not mad, just ...er..crazy

<salutes Tamron and Carrain for the above - first time ive looked at that old thread in ages, still made me laugh>

S

sru

Re: Templar Dolls

Originally posted by old.Tyraette
Shaeffer Dolls > all items

Fully poseable limbs so you can flex mightily too!

Pull string that activates Pfft voice sample!

/laugh

Mad .. no .. but it helps

Damn good job we are also not friendly critters in the Templars ... goodness knows what it would be like :chortle:

Users who are viewing this thread