looking back to when you were younger

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I can summarise, my views, rather nicely with this "mantra" of sorts i use:

Worrying about yesterday changes nothing, and worrying about tomorrow only ruins today.

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
I can summarise, my views, rather nicely with this "mantra" of sorts i use:

Worrying about yesterday changes nothing, and worrying about tomorrow only ruins today.

so live for today, but not to the detriment of tomorrow

hows that work for ya?

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
nicely put and 100% agree- cant look back and have too many bad feelings, otherwise you spend the present thinking about the past, and the future never really materializes, which leaves you worse off then before

agree there too. imo it seems everyone gets their fair share of shit and good times, though you could get shit for so long youd think the good times are never gonna come.

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
agree there too. imo it seems everyone gets their fair share of shit and good times, though you could get shit for so long youd think the good times are never gonna come.

makes it all the sweeter when they do :)

im in the shit times atm, no (proper) job and fairly clueless as to what i want to do/acheive in life, and just back from uni trying to piece together a new social life (which is a full time job in itself sometimes!)

but im still having fun in bits n pieces along the way, taking enjoyment wherever is possible, and its managable, and i know as soon as i find what im looking for, things will pick up and itll all fall into place :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
so live for today, but not to the detriment of tomorrow

hows that work for ya?

People could say "not well", as i'm not employed and have other even bigger problems too, but it doesn't change the fact that i'm happy where i am, even if i could be happier elsewhere.

Ofcourse i stride to get things better, but it doesn't mean i have to worry about it today, if i can't do anything about it, today.

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
People could say "not well", as i'm not employed and have other even bigger problems too, but it doesn't change the fact that i'm happy where i am, even if i could be happier elsewhere.

Ofcourse i stride to get things better, but it doesn't mean i have to worry about it today, if i can't do anything about it, today.

this whole "life" things a tough nut to crack, but excessive worrying never solved anything so theres a starting point

the ultimate goal has to be happiness/contentedness in life imo, if your acheiving that then anything else is just a bonus, whatever form it may take

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
this whole "life" things a tough nut to crack, but excessive worrying never solved anything so theres a starting point

the ultimate goal has to be happiness/contentedness in life imo, if your acheiving that then anything else is just a bonus, whatever form it may take

Exactly.

I spent a good deal, trying, worrying, etc.

Then noticed, everything is a similar waste of time really, no wordly posession really means anything, so why worry.

As long as you're alive, got friends, are ok with yourself...you'll be just fine :D

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
yup exactly

sad that you need to go through a lot of shit in life to realise this though

the battle of life is half in your own head, if you dont like yourself or believe in yourself to a certain degree, you've already lost the happy-race

possessions are tertiary, things like presents make nice "sugar rushes" of happiness, but no more than that- and thats a dark road for some people (fight club puts it well, the whole ikea-boy ideal)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Like someone said, "you can't appreciate life until you've seen the dark side".

I think you CAN appreciate, but gives a nice spin to it when you hit rock bottom.

tris-

Like someone said, "you can't appreciate life until you've seen the dark side".

I think you CAN appreciate, but gives a nice spin to it when you hit rock bottom.

i think getting a lot of shit makes the experience of good things even better for the individual. what is average to someone else is probably totally leet to me.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
i think getting a lot of shit makes the experience of good things even better for the individual. what is average to someone else is probably totally leet to me.

Yeah. I'd be ecstatic at the moment with a butt-ugly gf, a low income job and a sh*tty apartment i can afford :D

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah. I'd be ecstatic at the moment with a butt-ugly gf, a low income job and a sh*tty apartment i can afford :D

those things are in anyones grasp you lazy sod :p

its like a trio of monks chatting away in here, im liking it

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
those things are in anyones grasp you lazy sod :p

its like a trio of monks chatting away in here, im liking it

No they are not! :D

You may think that simply because the cherry tree blossoms each spring, that it would be easy to obtain it's flower, but it is not.

You need a ladder...and watch out for the bees...and there's the garden guy...

Funny you should mention monks, i actually planned a while back, to just f*ck it all and leave for some monastery for a good three months or so.

tris-

butt ugly gf isnt as easy as youd think. i dont know if i should complain but i always seem to get used with them not wanting more than a fuck or w/e :/

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
butt ugly gf isnt as easy as youd think. i dont know if i should complain but i always seem to get used with them not wanting more than a fuck or w/e :/

dunno how much i can comment, been "active" on the gf front for bout 5yrs now (im 21 etc), and majority of last 2 yrs taken up by a full-timer (and now i know the downfalls of fit materialistic gf's, wont be going down that road again!) - but from experiences at college and uni, even fugly people have managed gf's fairly easily

main way of "succeeding" is to keep on putting yourself in the situations where your meeting new girls, and inevitably you eventually come across someone who fits the bill, then its a matter of confidence

at uni i had one VERY ugly bloke i knew, i say bloke, he was 5ft 5 with long geekish hair, fairly scrawny, a hard southern accent mixed in with a camp voice, and he wore 3" thick specs- not a womens dream

but he had various gf's, granted they weren't page3 models, but he wasnt even a typical smooth talker, he just went after the girls that weren't use to getting attention, and played off of that, and he had some good times with a couple of em that materialized into gf's

the biggest killer for a guy on the prowl is a stagnant community imo

Solo

Fledgling Freddie
Agree 100% with everything Golly is posting and can relate to it very much so. Having just left uni and the whole social life crash and temp jobs before working out what you do in life.

You do have to go through shit to appreciate free time - especially noticeable from temp jobs. For example I make the most of every weekend now and go out and do as much as possible as its the only free time i get. As a result I am finding I am doing very different and new things and meeting new crowds.

Compared to friends who are just bumming around at home with no job who don't appreciate the opportunties they have - can do anything all day within a degree.

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
Im doing a mixture of the bumming around thing, but I want the time away from a hectic life to really sort out what I want to do for the next 5/10/15/40 years, work out a few things that iv never had the time to work out, and just settle my thoughts

had a real rough time towards the end of uni and it was not fun, alot of stress (my ex was doing a round the world trip, and she wanted me to raise £5k to come with her for some of it, that much expendable cash whilst doing a degree... taking the piss a bit and put alot of stress on us both that led to the downfall, but im definitely happier for it now)

also had a part time job at uni that went utterly awful (got accused of meddling prices at a pub and pocketing the difference, which was ludicrous in the implications of it but they had me pinned down as there was no way I could disprove it, so I basically went "FU" and left) and also managed to lose contact with a group of friends due to the vicious ex- so im enjoying my time away from the scheduled life getting by on a lax part time job

the thing is, I know I'm a fairly decent person, by no means perfect but fairly reasonable/nice etc, and I know im fairly intelligent, so I know when I've decided what I wish to pursue, with focused effort it will fall into place and my aim is to end up with a job that doesnt make me feel like a slave to a corporation- it has to be something I want to do (and the degree I took isnt what I want to be doing, which makes life a bit more annoying) and girlfriends will come and go but as long as I dont get too bogged down, eventually a compatible one will come along and then maybe think about settling down

Its a fairly tall order but lifes not suppose to be a walk in the park is it? Just a case of not letting too much get on top of ya and keep having as much fun as poss.

I always use to think I was very lucky in that my life had always been straight forward, I'd never had to overcome anything like parents breaking up or major family deaths, and hadn't had any real girl problems before uni- but now I kinda understand that life changing events will unfold, and you just have to pick yourself back up and realise that in essense nothing has REALLY changed, your still you, theres still 6billion other people in the world to the ones that have wronged you in whatever way it may be, and everything will carry on and you might as well be a part of it, taking what you can from life in the process kinda thing.

tris-

nice post golly, where did you come from btw as i dont think ive seen you post here before :p
rationale posting sticks out a mile in OT

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
^_^ im a bit of a lurker- played daoc a couple years back, and had a stint a few months back where I picked it up again (and quickly realised why I stopped in first place :() - with the lack of job and no uni, found myself a lot of free time and also found OT where, shock horror some people seem normal, compared to the rvr forums where I swear the only ppl still playing the game, well they worry me

you'll usually find me posting away in footy sections thou :p

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Confident guys get the chicks. Fact.

yep - i've started to notice the tendency that ulgy guys, like uglier than you bugz can get hot girls because they make the moves. hot guys can sit in a corner all day and not pick up anything while with abit of confidence you can walk up to "any" girl and show confidence even tho the girl could pick up way hotter guys. the girls get interested in the interest the guy is showing. harder to explain than it sounds in my head :(

tris-

i find a good method is simply -

eye contact
shoot a smile
look away
look back, still eye contact?
shoot a smile and walk over

Nate

FH is my second home
Thats a really gay method tris, look away then do a pansy look back? Do you pull a pansy face when you do it aswell? Like "but I weally do wub you" lolz0r! What I'd do is get my cock out and then she'd be like hey...wanna go back to my place? then I'd be like you know it bitch..

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
being a smoker- that nets you at least 4-5 chats on a night out with random girls

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I just eye the first nice female:)eek:) arse i see, slap it and go "My place or yours?" :D

tris-

Thats a really gay method tris, look away then do a pansy look back? Do you pull a pansy face when you do it aswell? Like "but I weally do wub you" lolz0r! What I'd do is get my cock out and then she'd be like hey...wanna go back to my place? then I'd be like you know it bitch..

last time i raped someone i got told it was a criminal offence.

who knew!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom