(long post) :( GOA response to the petition in support of TT and Black Falcon members

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
we dont have the tools to make statistics on the players view on different subjects.

but i bet most other petitions wouldnt get that much support.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Bracken,

The petition was constructed for people to express their views of GOA's action. Then through a very long series of rightnow's (all told around 4-5 hours writing and finking) I took the perceptions of those posters to GOA to see if they could comment. The petition enabled me to do that because the sheer number posting on it was enough for them to have to listen.

Where you seem to be getting confused is in assuming that I think it is a representative view of the server as a whole. I never once claimed that. Likewise yopu are equally wrong to claim that it represents the views of the FG community. Can you see that if you cannot claim it is representative at all you cannot then try to make it representative of a few? I think this is why we are disagreeing. For example Imgormiel/Arcsalin(pryd.net) posting this in the petition is not a member of the so called fg community. Here is what he had to say:

Imgormiel/Arcsalin(pryd.net) said:
Clearly interpretations of the game should not be in the hands of GOA, but an ombudsman. They are clearly incapable of making decisions that merit their paying customers.

Look at others - not all of them are FG players.

Cartees/Bullettime said:
Im one of those that have stopped playing now becourse how the game have come. I have stopper paying my subs now on 3 accounts course of this. Im not saying i wont come back but i really dont like how GOA is reacting in things like this. What i can say is i will go inactive for atleast 4-5 months (wich means allmost never)

Or again we have this comment:

James St John said:
The only reason it came to this state of affairs is because a small pocket of players were allowed to get away with behaviour not in keeping with the spirit of the game . It is fair enough to pull players on unsuitable names and behaviour towards players if malicious , but the core idea of the battle between the three realms cannot be allowed to be tainted by a drawn out Alarm Clocking of Relics which undermines the community spirit .

TT clearly felt they were doing something for the community. They stated that time and time again - why you don't believe them seems strange in the extreme. If you are ever to begin to understand people you must first acknowledge their views even when you disagree. If their actions acted against the community then debate that instead your just failing to really engage with the issue because you seem to want to have a go at the current action taken.

Bracken said:
There are people both in your section of the community and my section of the community who aren't interested in this, never have been and never will be. It truly cuts both ways. Take the latest incident - it demonstrates it perfectly. Some of those involved in reducing the keep level have a history of acting like twats towards the "zerging" community and did so again in this instance with their responses. Some of those in the "zerging" community have a history of acting like twats to the "fg" community and did so again here. Neither side has any interest in the other. Some of us have tried in the past to get some forms of agreement that suits everyone, but there were always those intent on undermining it on both sides. So let's face it, there's always gonna be hostility because too many on both sides of the fence aren't interested in genuine resolution.

Indeed. I agree what I was pointing out though is just how quickly people like Muly (amongst others) will jump in to contribute to a whine thread and not once post in a thread such as this one which is attempting to reach some understanding of GOA's position and actions. When you have people like that being so vocal in a negative sense it means there is really little point in playing on a server with them. We all needed each other despite our differences the lack of tolerance seems to have put paid to server life for a big proportion of us in the end.

To be frank I feel this has exposed a fundamental problem with the game. Some of us are now in a place where that problem will not be so acute anymore but no doubt it will return to haunt us. In the end we shared a lot of time with you guys on the server it seems strange to have ended that relationship so abruptly and not managed to solve anything. :(

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Sharkith said:
Where you seem to be getting confused is in assuming that I think it is a representative view of the server as a whole. I never once claimed that. Likewise yopu are equally wrong to claim that it represents the views of the FG community.

You need to read what I posted again as I was very specific - and I did not say anything about the poll representing only the fg community. I broke it down very simply into the 2 claims that have been made (not by you but by others involved) and why those claims were flawed. I've also already stated why TT weren't acting for "the community" but for the fg section of the community. If you seriously believe otherwise you must be very naive. Anyways I've said all I want to here - I'll carry on playing on our "empty" server until it closes. If you and the rest of your noble and honourable community who only ever acted in the interests of us all don't want to, then cheerio and good luck. You'll soon have your own avalon forum where you can post without having to worry yourselves with the excal/pryd noobs :)

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Sharkith said:
Indeed. I agree what I was pointing out though is just how quickly people like Muly (amongst others) will jump in to contribute to a whine thread and not once post in a thread such as this one which is attempting to reach some understanding of GOA's position and actions.

i brought the subject on FH. After someone told in guild chat that renaris was unclaimed. by the time i could check on it, it was claimed again. on location check revealed that somehting was not OK. I consulted Daemyr from TT and was very nice and all that and asked that TT would hand over the Keep to TMM or some other guild if for some reason they were unable to maintain renaris at high level. he laughed at me (making me angry is never a way to make me more reasonable). I consulted our ailiance about it, i was adviced to bring it to FH.

TT had done something that is just not done. It looked crystal clear to me from the first min what would be the result. that GOA would act against TT seemed only natural to me tbh. 2 people got a 5 day ban, all normal. but what happened after that skyrocketed and escalated to a level that i hadn`t seen comming tbh.

Sharkith said:
When you have people like that being so vocal in a negative sense it means there is really little point in playing on a server with them. We all needed each other despite our differences the lack of tolerance seems to have put paid to server life for a big proportion of us in the end.

strangely, those are my exact feelings over the other camp...

in the end everybody lost.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Just thinking, TT got banned for being against the spirit of the game

In that case, shouldnt everyone who has walked into a camped artifact and taken it get a ban? Because that isnt exactly promoting a friendly atmosphere and letting the realm work together...

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
Bracken said:
I've also already stated why TT weren't acting for "the community" but for the fg section of the community. If you seriously believe otherwise you must be very naive.

How perverse different points of view can be.

My view is the niaive position is failing to see how AC raids have been 'griefing' a lot of the community for a while now. The whines have been here on FH for a long time, although to be fair, mostly the responses have been along the lines of go qq somewhere else.

The position clearly affected the 'FG community' as it made the fights uneven. However we only have to look at the recent turnout for Mastade's event to see how it has also affected the 'zerglings'. Only 35 people made it into the BG - must be around half the numbers of a few months ago.

Fact is the AC raids annoyed a number of people quite a lot. Enough to make quite a few leave either for Avalon, the US or for a different game. When the game stops being fun and becomes annoying people leave and wherever the go it cannot be good for those who remain.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Muylaetrix said:
TT had done something that is just not done. It looked crystal clear to me from the first min what would be the result. that GOA would act against TT seemed only natural to me tbh. 2 people got a 5 day ban, all normal. but what happened after that skyrocketed and escalated to a level that i hadn`t seen comming tbh.

strangely, those are my exact feelings over the other camp...

in the end everybody lost.

I cannot help but feel bad for the way the server has turned out. For me the excalibur server and then the excalibur/prydwen cluster was a place whereby some of the best players in the world congregated and lived in a perfect harmony with others who were playing more 'casual' then them. I've not generally been more then a casual player; playing alongside some of the nicest people I've met online as well as some who I'd consider good friends throughout, yourself included.

The worst part of it all is that a simple disagreement has resulted in the servers current state. I may well be active at current but I just wish everyone could have carried on with the way the server was going with, everyone at the very least having respect for each others gamplay.

I zerg, I've soloed and I play in a FG yet I feel somewhat pigeonholed by certain people who beleive that a person cannot be a casual player whilst trying to be someone at a competitive level in RvR.

This is why I don't think I can be someone who is 100% active on this server anymore.

Yes the grass is supposedly greener, yes I wish I could have stayed more then current but I also realise that this server will never be what it was because of a select few elitest people who beleive their view overrules everybodyelses. No I don't think of you as one of these people. You are merely someone angry at the result of years of difference which has ended in a very bad way; this is why I personally understand why you've posted as you have.

Elistism is defined by people who beleive their own view is the only one which counts. Personally I do not see this as sectioned only within a group of people which play to win. You could play less then one hour a week and still be elitist or play 24/7 and still be a person who plays for fun. My best example of a person as such is filthius whom which I still have a great respect for, despite what happened in his RL because no matter what, when he logged on, he aimed for nothing other then fun.

I'm personally getting sick and tired of logging on here trying to have a reasonable debate with people who I consider my friends and it all ending with me feeling pissed off that they cannot see beyond the simple black and white of GOAs rules.

Jarvios buddies and co stole from the ML9 raid but in the rules, it was said to be okay. Many a time have people had their accounts hacked and yet GOA have said tough luck and although it may be their fault, it doesn't make it right. I don't compare AC raids with this yet I can't be forced to not mention this when several times, people have said that what we did was a traitorous act. GOAs rules are not 100% moral and they never have been.

Kagato said:
e staying are quitting are people like the Traitorous Twats, then i'd be glad to see the back of the scum.

You i'd of expected better from, but at least your able to see both sides to a degree and show a slight ounce of regret for what you've done to the realm.

This is the exact kind of post I'm talking about. It was cropped to save on filespace but the words contained speak for themselves. Apparently I'm a traitorous twat for trying to stand up for something I beleived in. Why o why does this need to be said. It's been said a number of times before that AC raids were bad for the server and all the elitist people did was say that it was tough shit and that they payed their subs etc. We tried to do something about it to make them realise it wasn't completely wanted on this server.

I wish there was more to come back to but when friends such as Kagato say things like this about you, there is little point staying beyond personal goals (mine being to hit rr10).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom