Long nose to GOA

A

Addlcove

1½ year ago, 4 guys at the dorm borrowed my visa to pay for their accounts... eventually they stopped playing and closed their accounts, 1 month ago, GOA decides to enable autorenewal on all closed accounts, so for some strange reason this happens to my bank account

3.10.04 - 32 eur disappear
9.10.04 - 12 eur disappear
12.10.04 - 12 eur disappear
13.10.04 32 eur disappear

what I find weird is

1. why the different dates? one would think that the "auto renewal bug" would take all the cash at once.

2. GOA´s lack in response to emails in the last 2 weeks

nothing I can do about nr. 1. however I can do something about nr 2.

so this morning I contacted my bank, they´ll be sending me a CNP formula that I have to sign and the 88 eur that GOA stole from me will be transferred back to my account.

I suggest anyone else having trouble getting GOA to repay their money do the same thing

(CNP= Cardholder Not Present)
-

if you wonder why I didn´t just close the guys accounts it´s quite simple.. when time came to pay they logged in the account, I typed in details, I do not know their account passwords (and even if I did they would have changed back in august, and I have very little contact to these 4 (none at all))

M

mavericky

I would guess the different dates may be related to when they initialy signed up for DAOC, but that truely is awful if they have through some bug started recharging long term closed accounts. Many people would have no idea of user names and passwords any longer

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by mavericky
I would guess the different dates may be related to when they initialy signed up for DAOC, but that truely is awful if they have through some bug started recharging long term closed accounts. Many people would have no idea of user names and passwords any longer

and wont see the money withdrawn until next bank paper arrives if they don´t have a webbank

D

Draylor

The consolation is this will probably cost GOA a reasonable amount of money.

When people are wrongly charged, and contact their banks/CC companies to cancel the payment GOA will be charged for each one of these.

18 months now and the account/billing system is still a joke

L

Larssi

Originally posted by Draylor
The consolation is this will probably cost GOA a reasonable amount of money.

When people are wrongly charged, and contact their banks/CC companies to cancel the payment GOA will be charged for each one of these.

18 months now and the account/billing system is still a joke

[mondaywhine]

Be happy that they don't actually have to code anything ;) All they have to do is translate, keep servers running, customers served and money flowing.... how hard can it be? :D

Well servers are running pretty well and stable. How much that is due to Mythics code is another thing...

Translations (and expansions, patches) take forever. What housing?

RightNow! support has earned it's RightNever! title.

Subscription pages/RightNever is down/up/down/up... Replies to customers emails are always Use RightNow! service. How if you can't log in? If it's down? Or it just takes weeks and weeks to reply. Where's the refunds?

Due to their neglection of data security people get hold of admin tools and "hack". People wait for weeks, I guess some are still waiting so months, for their new account infos.

Credit card billing is altered without asking for permission from people.

If you make a quality program, get a quality partner Mythic.

Thanks for this rant GoA, made my monday feel a lot better afterwards ;)

[/mondaywhine]

L

-Lonewolf-

Who is this mooo cock knocker seems to be going round all the threads being a right dickhead

Someone boot him in the head or summin

S

speshneeds

Originally posted by Addlcove
1½ year ago, 4 guys at the dorm borrowed my visa to pay.......

theres your problem, Am sure if you told your bank that they would advise you thats its your own fault for dishing out your card details

A

Adale

same thing happened to me, i activated my account for 1month, didnt intend on auto renewing.

Goa decided theyd do it themselves.

nuff said

C

chimaira

got that strange dates of paying aswell.

tho I compared to my invoices and found it was just late payments from old subs.

A

Addlcove

Re: Re: Long nose to GOA

Originally posted by speshneeds
theres your problem, Am sure if you told your bank that they would advise you thats its your own fault for dishing out your card details

and if you read the rest of the post, I didn´t! I typed in the CC info after they logged into their account pages.

A

Addlcove

as always with rightnow threads, read from below and up....

If I read the last reply correctly it means they know which accounts was effected and will take measures to repay anyone who have had their account automatic renewed...

if not I still got the CNP working ;)

---
Response (CS) 10/21/2003 10:22 AM
Greetings,

By automatic renewal, we just ask our financial partner (bibit) to send an order of payment to your bank, so we do not need your credit card information. This bug consisted in setting the auto renew for a few accounts, be ensure that this bug was already corrected and all the unauthorized amounts will be refunded. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Yours sincerely,
European Dark Age of Camelot Customer Support

---
Customer (name) 10/20/2003 07:09 PM
that is too late I am afraid, a CNP case has been made with my bank and I will retrieve the money that way..

if you are not allowed to store creditcard detail then how on earth did this whole "autorenewal bug" come about?

---
Response (CS) 10/20/2003 05:52 PM
Greetings,

As we are not allowed to keep credit card information, we cannot find the concerned old accounts where your CC has been used. Please go to the secured bibit consumers site https://secure.bibit.com/www/consumers.html, save your request and send it back by reply. Thanks for comprehension.

Yours sincerely,

---
Customer (name) 10/15/2003 08:02 PM
let us try this again.

1. I do NOT want the subscription on the 2 previously mentioned accounts reimbursed.

2. I DO want the subscription on all other accounts on which my CC has been used reimbursed

3. I find it insatisfactionate that you close my account WITHOUT prior notice hereof leaving me in the dark for 1 day as to why it has been done

4. if you are for some reason unable to reimburse me for the 88 eur that so far has been taken by you to pay for accounts that are NOT mine (this does NOT include the 32 eur that you payed me back for an account that IS mine) I shall have to take the appropriate steps and deliver unto my bank a CNP-complaint to regain these money.

I regret the highlightning of certain words, put it appears to be necesarry for you to get the proper meaning of my request.

Sincerely Yours

name

---
Response (CS) 10/15/2003 07:31 PM
Dear DAOC player,

We have canceled the following transaction: MM002/030417819.

and reimbursed you for this sum: 32 euro. We remind you that your account [account name] is closed so far.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Warm regards,

---
Customer (name) 10/14/2003 06:06 PM
just had a message from my bank that it is you that are withdrawning the cash.

It seems your "enable all auto renewal" system has enabled old accounts where my CC has been used.... thus the owners of the accounts are NOT aware that their account are opened.

I expect that ALL the ammounts that you have withdrawn from my bankaccount that hasn?t been used to pay for the following accounts

[removed account details]

going back to your "incident" with the hacker. also I expect that you will clear my CC details from any account that isn?t listed above. and I expect this to be done as soon as possible.

---
Customer (name) 10/13/2003 05:39 PM
someone?s been withdrawing euroes from my account and it isn't me and I don't think it's GOA... you normally attach a note saying its you, the ammounts transfered matches that of 1 3month sub and 1 1month sub... but the GOA note is missing.
Problem is... someone's been leching my card for over a year... someone who lent it to pay and "forgot" to cancel it... my mistake I know.... the real problem is in an attempt to stop it I mailed you my CC info... which means it was all in the rightnow database... unless you deleted it, it could have fallen into the hands of the guys that hacked your database. I would like to know wether or not you DID delete the CC info given you back then. I assume so as the rightnow thread I started is no longer in my list of threads.

C

Cyfr

Makes me wonder now.. my mum just got billed by goa :(

C

cHodAX

Just happened to me on an account closed almost 4 months ago, not fooking happy at all.

V

Vim

Gotta love Visa Electron and always empty bank account ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom