Lonely Goblin Shaman need DAoC Destruction guild

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Argh! Just found out my best friend has planned NOT to play Warhammer after all! Something about studies being more important! :m00:

But I am still 100% keen on going and am dead certain Shaman is the class for me; Goblins are cool and want to be a support class who can heal and aid people, and being able to cast some damage and going solo in PvE is a nice added bonus!

But now I lack people to play with! Knowing that I usually prefer DAoC players attitude towards gaming, i figured this was the place to go looking for a good guild to join, also going to browse and give a closer inspection to those who made recruitment posts in that sub-forum (wondering if I should have put this in that sub-forum too)

Anyway, about me; Happy player, playing for the fun of it (who doesn't?), with strong tendencies towards powergaming (can't help it, figuring out how to optimize and improve builds/templates/etc is something I love, to the extend I spend several hours building a single healer template for another person in DAoC, later refered to as the best healer on prydwen, I know his playing skills counted more, but like to think my work on his template was also a factor in that), but prefers playing with those who don't aim to be elite at all costs.

I work weekends, so I will be playing loads mondays to fridays, but next to nothing on saturdays and sundays obviously, so would also love to hear from people (perhaps in a guild already) who are going to be playing destruction from headstart monday (15th) and would like a shaman tagging along for support :D

Oh, forgot a few details:

Prefer guilds with:
Guild website (for coordinating events and such, always helpfull)
With Ventrillo or Teamspeak server. I speak close to fluent English, with some accent ofc, as I am danish

And for those who only recruit mature, I am 23 and do aswell prefer mature guilds (18+), but not required from a guild

EDIT 2:

Forgot this too! (grrr)

I want to play CORE, not OPEN, so the guild needs to be going for a CORE server
Also, interested to know how the guild is going to coordinate everybody getting into the same server right away, as I am not interested in wasting the first few days of headstart figuring out where to start leveling...

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Thats one of the most fun things!

Well, I just remember back when WoW came out, I rolled my tau shaman, leveled up to 15 in Open beta.
Open Beta ends, reroll tau shaman, leveled up to about lvl 10, then found out one of my friends was on another server. He was a few levels higher, so I changed server and rerolled my tau shaman. Got to a bit below lvl 10, then found out some other friends was on a third server and had to reroll there and start over once again.

So don't get me wrong, it is not that I NEED to get as high level as quickly as possible, I am just not interested in having to do the first levels 3 or 4 times, I want to roll my character and start leveling him in the right place right away, so it doesn't grow mundane and boring. It is fun doing it in Open beta and then repeating the first time. The 3rd and 4th time you level the same class in the same area through the same quests and mobs, it gets quite boring and mundane

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Oh, and for any potential guild recruiters (or members who will recommend me on) I am definitely going for a healing spec, not the DPS type shaman that lets his comrads die while throwing DoTs off against the enemy like there is no tomorrow (yes, I do realise that I have to do offensive some of the time to take full potential of the class ;))
I love helping others out, but not going to go out of my way for it (i.e. if I am in a random group having loads of fun, I am not going to split up for a spontanious decided raid that aint benifitial to me, but if I am not doing anything, I'll be right there helping out :D)

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Well you asked for a guild with a website and vent/TS. Surely someone could figure a way of communicating a server name by one of those routes..

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Well you asked for a guild with a website and vent/TS. Surely someone could figure a way of communicating a server name by one of those routes..

Yep, but I said I prefered, not required :)

So in case they dont have a guild website; Then how.

A Vent/TS server would allow it yes, but then it would be filled with spam all day of people coming home from work, getting up, or whatever and logging in to get to know which server, but would be a possibility :)

Hope some guild comes along, always nice to have it set, and to be able to play with some DAoC'ers, else I will just have to join a "random" guild on whatever server I end up on... but well, that is the "worst case scenario", and that was how I got to learn loads of nice people in DAoC, so not that bad a worst case scenario after all :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom