London

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I have never been to Scouseland - not through any particular wish I just always seem to head up the east coast or over the top of it to the lake district, Scotland etc.

The fact thats its practically North Wales doesnt help either...

Man, the east coast sucks the sweat off a dead mans balls. Flat lincolnshire, all the coastal areas around it - shithole (skegness, anyone?).

North wales (once you get past Rhyl) is beautiful. Much nicer than South Wales.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I have never been to Scouseland - not through any particular wish I just always seem to head up the east coast or over the top of it to the lake district, Scotland etc.

The fact thats its practically North Wales doesnt help either...

What's wrong with North Wales? Snowdonia and Anglesey are beautiful. East coast is dull as ditchwater, except of course for the jewel in The Humber that is Hull ;)

Fweddy

FH is my second home
Come to Newcastle, it's a fantastic city. Varied night life, friendly people, always plenty of things going on. What more could you want?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Explain to me why so many people live in London, you seem to have about 6 square feet and exactly 1/3 rd of a car space each. there's more jobs and you get payed more, but god you'd have to, it's like driving down to the worlds biggest rats nest, nice..in a 'day out at Alton Towers' sort of way and one of the worlds greatest cities..but live there?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Because...employment, and more importantly, other employment if you want to change jobs. Same as any capital city.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It's worth sticking your head through the door at Harrods, just to look at the Egyptian staircase if you've never been.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Yes, it is practically a fantasy world to us northeners, our capital city, paved with gold etc etc.
Just like Parisians though, Landeners have become such a miserable, surly lot, it's not there fault, it just does that to everyone.
Eastenders sums it up to me, what an aggressive soap, i can't stand more than 10 seconds of it.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Because...employment, and more importantly, other employment if you want to change jobs. Same as any capital city.

... and that draws the line under it for me. As I've said before, a lot of my peers wanted to move down in their post-uni, early 20's when the allure of a big city seemed to be the thing that everyone wanted to do. Now they're hitting 30, wanting something more than the bach-pad life, some of them are moving out of London.

I wouldn't move to London for anything less than £100,000 a year.

rynnor

Rockhound
Man, the east coast sucks the sweat off a dead mans balls. Flat lincolnshire, all the coastal areas around it - shithole (skegness, anyone?).
North wales (once you get past Rhyl) is beautiful. Much nicer than South Wales.

Skegness is quite fun - the people are very friendly cheery folk who know how to enjoy themselves. Plus its like a theme park for obesity - see how many obese people you can see in little electric chairs - if you cant get through double figures walking along the high street it must be 5AM :p

North Wales is pretty but its extremely dead - you can drive down roads that seemingly go nowhere and have nothing on them - no houses, villages nothing for many miles. Half the vehicles are Tractors driving down the middle of the road - beyond the initial aesthetic appeal it has crap food and awful weather and depressive locals.

Newcastle is a fantastic city full of life where people want to have fun. I'm also a big fan of Edinburgh - drinking through the night in its relaxed bar's is great!

The Yorkshire coast is pretty dramatic too - I like Whitby (when its not full of vampire wannabe's) and Scarborough.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I hear that Whitby is pretty nice, Robin Hoods bay and the like. Everywhere south of hull is shite and ugly - you're right about Skeg - it's *minging*. Then you get to Norfolk - which is so flat it disturbs my mind, so is a no-no as a holiday destination.

I think your condemnation of North Wales is a bit harsh - it looks like you're definitely a city person. I've had some amazing holidays in North Wales - camping with mates near a couple of decent pubs (with great food) and the fact that it's miles from civilisation is the draw - not a drawback.

By that rationale the highlands of skirtland would be shite, but they're not :)

I've not experienced Newcastle yet - looking forward to it at some point. And, as I said, Edinburgh is very high on my list too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom