Help London peeps

Sydrik

Resident Freddy
Heading to London next Sunday and will need to make my way from Liverpool st. to Paddington and grab a train to Reading. Google map reckons 4 miles and bearing in mind I can claim a cab on company expenses I was wondering if any Lundun peeps can give me a rough idea of a 4 mile cab trip on a sunday.

cheers

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Just tube it. It'll take the same time and cost you much, much less.

Sydrik

Resident Freddy
I'll have my laptop, a projector and a case so I was going to avoid the tube due to my general clumsiness!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Tube shouldn't be that busy on a Sunday, but the roads will be. I'd go for the tube option too. What time is it?

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
It'll take ~30 minutes and cost about £20-25

Sydrik

Resident Freddy
Train gets in about 2ish mate. Perhaps i'll jump on the tube and annoy everyone with my luggage!!

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
There'll be plenty of space on the tube at that time, just make sure you check for any potential works they're doing as they love doing them on Sundays.

Sydrik

Resident Freddy
Raa!!

I've always been in the UK, its getting them to let me out that's the problem

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
Remember if you go on a Sat/Sun, a lot of shit is always closed, check the tfl website first. Off the top of my head, it would be a minimum of 1 charge unless you get H&C Line but that's usually a lengthy walk in Paddington.

Get a taxi, especially if it's free, Tube on a weekend can be a right cunt. I lost count how many times I got shafted on a Sat or Sun coming home from central with a killer hangover. Usually an 1hr plus or combined with a bus, compared to the usual weekday 20minutes ....

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Get a cab. H&C and Circle are both disrupted. Circle until August 23rd and H&C is definitely shut this weekend and probably next. I was checking the tfl site myself for a weekend visit in a couple of weeks.

Normally I would say get the tube, but its absolutely fucked at the weekends atm as they prep for the Olympics, so if someone else is paying, you don't want all the hassle of lugging bags through Oxford Circus (which is where you'd have to change), because the walk from Central to Bakerloo in there is pretty convoluted.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I concur with DaGaffer. Definitely take a cab with all the tube works and all the clutter you are carrying. The Cab is not going to cost a fortune and you will arrive all nice and relaxed!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Liverpool St to Paddington on Rate 2 will cost you roughly £20 in a black cab

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom