London Floods?

dysfunction

FH is my second home
There was a sort of documentary/tv movie thing a little while ago about this.

If you have a "perfect storm" then the current flood defences for london would not be effective...and many parts of it would be flooded.

I guess this is now a proper film...

gmloki

Part of the furniture
Although its unlikely to happen, it really does show the danger of having a lot of the big companies head offices and government so densely populated in one city.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
If you have a "perfect storm" then the current flood defences for london would not be effective...and many parts of it would be flooded.

No flood defences would be able to handle the "perfect storm," so there's not much point worrying about it tbh. Same as with massive asteroids, and Wij's penis.

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
Although its unlikely to happen, it really does show the danger of having a lot of the big companies head offices and government so densely populated in one city.
Please explain.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Great. Another piece of fiction that many idiots will take as being a serious documentary.

Before you know it the new Chancellor will be introducing a flood tax.

gmloki

Part of the furniture
Please explain.

What I mean is that a lot major companies (Banks, Media, Insurance, Commerce etc) have their head offices or main offices in "The City" as it as affectionately known. Parliament is also there. So if there was a major disaster in the Centre of London then what effect would it have on the running and infrastructure of the company. Like putting all your eggs in one basket but what if the basket breaks.

More should be done to encourage business and government to look at city's as there respective bases.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
i was in London on business yesterday, i couldn't help but think how nice a good flood would be for the shithole

Chilly

Balls of steel
What I mean is that a lot major companies (Banks, Media, Insurance, Commerce etc) have their head offices or main offices in "The City" as it as affectionately known. Parliament is also there. So if there was a major disaster in the Centre of London then what effect would it have on the running and infrastructure of the company. Like putting all your eggs in one basket but what if the basket breaks.

More should be done to encourage business and government to look at city's as there respective bases.

Yeah, even though most large organisations have pretty effective operations continuity plans, its still probably going to be a royal cluster-fuck. The good thing is that it wouldnt be all that bad, we are rich enough to just say "fuck it, rebuild" and get on with it.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
didnt one of the spooks eps a couple of years back have somat about flooding in london.

mabe teh beeb knows somat we dont

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom