lollipop 'persons' at pedestrian crossings...

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
just what the fuck is the point in these mother fuckers? the pedestrian crossings are visible and have big fucking traffic lights with a huge red light at the top, usually that tells me and every fucker else we should stop. but then there is lollipop 'persons' controlling these, flying out into the road like supertwat holding their massive lollipops up. is it not obvious enough we need to stop with the red light, and the cars driving across, and people walking across the road?

WHY, GOD DAMN IT?!

:touch: :touch: :touch:

Wij

I am a FH squatter
tris- said:
just what the fuck is the point in these mother fuckers? the pedestrian crossings are visible and have big fucking traffic lights with a huge red light at the top, usually that tells me and every fucker else we should stop. but then there is lollipop 'persons' controlling these, flying out into the road like supertwat holding their massive lollipops up. is it not obvious enough we need to stop with the red light, and the cars driving across, and people walking across the road?

WHY, GOD DAMN IT?!

To stop you speeding evil road user :eek:

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Cos kids ignore traffic lights.

Local councils think theyll solve this problem by paying folks to keep the kids in line, 99% of them cant be arsed and instead of having the little brats wait they just join the suicidal run into the middle of the road in front of whatever traffic happens to be coming at the time.

Theres nothing better than one of these muppets running out 10 seconds after the damn traffic lights have gone to green.

Kill 'em, kill 'em all, useless *****

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Lollipop people do it for no pay afaik.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I don't know about you fuckers, but round here the lollipop people are useless but nice. They're trying to look after the kids because kids are retarded when it comes to the roads. There's nowt wrong with that.

Don't be lame.

:)

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
tris- said:

WHY, GOD DAMN IT?!

Because a large percentage of drivers ignore pedestrial crossings and run red lights (i often regret not having a claw hammer to stave in the windows of drivers who attempt to run me down because they believe they always have a right of way (and keep their speed up on amber lights so they have no time to stop... or go part way across a junction then don't stay there when the lights change and people are crossing...))
That and because kids are inherently suicidal and have less than 1337 road 5k1775

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Our local lollipop man is a star, he waves to everyone and everyone loves him.

Leave them alone you *****, wait until you have kids then see how much you dislike them......if any of you daylight dodging nerds ever get a woman that is.

:eek:

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I lived in East london! There were no traffic lights when I had to go to school and I'm fine! *Twitches*

I admit, people are a little lazy - They should be forced to pay attention, or atleast know that green = bad and red = good.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
dunno about any one else but at a + juntion, if i see cars flying across the other way and some old granny in a granny mobile and a red light infront of me, im sure as hell not going to go anyway untill everything has moved.

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
I don't remember the last time I saw a lollipop person.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
The lollipop lady in Hounslow was about 80 years old. I think the councils are just waiting for the current crop to die out, then they won't hire anymore. It's less hassle then sacking them all. :(

mank!

Part of the furniture
Overdriven said:
I lived in East london! There were no traffic lights when I had to go to school and I'm fine! *Twitches*

why have you got no legs then?

it's not the pedestrians round here, it's people on bicycles. especially at night without lights.

i'm going to run someone over one of these days :(

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I offered lollipops to people at pedestrian crossings but then I got arrested :(

rynnor

Rockhound
Trem said:
Lollipop people do it for no pay afaik.

Since when? One of my mates mums at Primary school was one and she was certainly paid. At that time she was working on a busy A-road that didnt have any traffic lights.

Nowadays the criteria seem to have changed - theres one round the corner from me on a residential road that has speed humps every few yards and she stands at the traffic lights (also mounted on a mega speed hump) - most kids cross elsewhere on that road so her effectiveness is about 0%...

Sockstuff

Can't get enough of FH
It made me laugh in Tokyo. They have them on tiny quiet roads for adults!

dysfunction

FH is my second home
nath said:
Where abouts do you live?

West London - Acton not far from Chiswick / Shepherds Bush.

And there is a school opposite where I live.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm, not far from me - (willesden green) - and I see plenty around here. Plus I've seen a few in that direction too, though admittedly not specifically in acton or shepards bush.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah I moved here 24 years ago to follow you about!

dysfunction

FH is my second home
You've even got ESP on your side! I have no chance!

I once lived in Willesden Green.
Ken livingstone elbowed me out of the way to get a seat on the Jubilee Line. Thats my claim to fame...and it did make me chuckle afterwards*

*He got to sit next this old women who questioned him on his entire journey...and he didnt look happy about it. :D

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Ken Livingstone actually travelled on public transport?

Chiswick is a bit posh, from what I remember.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
yaruar said:
Because a large percentage of drivers ignore pedestrial crossings and run red lights (i often regret not having a claw hammer to stave in the windows of drivers who attempt to run me down because they believe they always have a right of way (and keep their speed up on amber lights so they have no time to stop...

Serves you right for trying to cross when the light hasn't gone green yet.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Mobius said:
Ken Livingstone actually travelled on public transport?

Chiswick is a bit posh, from what I remember.

I believe most of the time he does....

Yes Chiswick is quite posh

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
dysfunction said:
I believe most of the time he does....

Yes Chiswick is quite posh

The **** gets taxis most of the time. He only uses public transport these days when there's a photo opp.

Chiswick is indeed quite posh. Shepherd's Bush isn't but it still has ridiculous house prices despite being dog rough in places. I lived there for ten years but I can't say I ever really liked it.

Oh, and back on topic, there's occasionally a lollipop lady on Bath Road in Chiswick, but I haven't seen her for a while. When I worked at GAME in Bracknell there were loads around there.

Gamah

Banned
I almost got hit on my bike because of some **** runing a red light this morning, give lollypop ladies on every road on my route to work.

rynnor

Rockhound
Was a guy next to me at a red who was indicating right - he decided nothing was coming then drove straight through the red - not just someone rushing through amber but coldly pre-meditated lightrunning - never seen that before...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom