lol movie

DaanLand

Fledgling Freddie
the farmers havent left in entirety, a massive chunk of them have quit, the noob farmers, who dont want to pay to use l2w anymore are gone and the hc farmers are still here, tho few left

i believe rhirap didnt like it, as he was not used to the ruleset and lineage2 is rly rly harsh, brutal to ur enemy, i dont think he enjoyed that part of l2, beacuse he hasnt got the killer instinct to kill like that

daoc gives u an enemy by default, sum ppl cant handle makin enemies and dealin with them, imagine daoc where u share the world with ur enemies 24/7, k inda like carnac (?) but much much more hardcore

rhirap n rep played the game, but were not able to handle the grind (its rly tough) and tbh it weeds out the weak ppl from teh game, leaving u with ppl who can handle the grind and also the pvp too (in pvp u can delvl ur enemies) rhirap was fighting the wrong "enemy" chinese farmers that are near nothin now instead of real players whom exp/item loss really meant sumth

we been on l2 for a while now, and are locked in a server red war, we are lvling well, and keepin our enemy best locked down from grind spots and drops, when they try to step into an open grind zone, we pk them and ignite massive server pvp fights

u can engage in clan / ally wars, but they just mean 1% exp loss per kill, a red war means no holds barred and u make them lose 4% exp plus items if ur lucky enough ^^

like i said, farmers aint gone entierly, but they are still here, more or less rare to find, unless u go lookin for them

rhirap + rep played a patch where dagger users wer able to 2 shot played like 10/15 lvls above them or kill mobs like that(rep didnt like the grind once that over poweredness was patched^^)

its all changed now, the patches those guys played had balance issues, wich are now sorted, next calss for the nerf is mages, but not alot they can nerf on them but one skill (debuff or cast speed)

best said game didnt suit them, its brutal and harsh, leavin only those able to handle the grind rly

Rep

One of Freddy's beloved
DaanLand said:
rhirap + rep played a patch where dagger users wer able to 2 shot played like 10/15 lvls above them or kill mobs like that(rep didnt like the grind once that over poweredness was patched^^)
first off i quit before dagger nerf

secondly please stop with this

DaanLand said:
he was not used to the ruleset

DaanLand said:
lineage2 is rly rly harsh, brutal

DaanLand said:
he hasnt got the killer instinct

DaanLand said:
sum ppl cant handle

DaanLand said:
much much more hardcore

DaanLand said:
were not able to handle

DaanLand said:
its rly tough

DaanLand said:
weeds out the weak

DaanLand said:
handle the grind

DaanLand said:
its brutal and harsh

DaanLand said:
only those able to handle the grind

this was only quoted from one post, i could go back thru ur other posts in this thread and quote those too if u like and u could read back and count how many condescending statements there are

just because u have to beat on hundreds of thousands of mobs for 1 level up does not make you "hardcore". just because playing lineage 2 feels more like work than play does not make you "hardcore"

Also, stop kidding yourself that its a pvp game, you may not like to hear this, but guildwars is more hardcore pvp than lineage 2. why? u never have to pve, if u like, u can create a insta-level 20 (cap) pvp char and begin a pvp grind aquiring new skills and equipment from your pvp score. lineage 2? well over a year of grinding to hit level cap, the only pvp u see on ur way there is chance encounters where everyone sits around poking each other, too scared to attack or "organised" weekly seiges (hardcore.. :twak: ) where its offense zerg vs defense zerg and all ur hard earnt exp from that week is likely to be, ahem, 'spent'

get over urself, playing an addictive game that is no fun ("hardcore", in L2 terms) does not make u superior to those who play less addictive, enjoyable ("carebear" in L2 terms) games

and one last thing, me and ash did not quit because of the game :) it just became apparent how crap it really was after we had quit

*edit* why is this post not only on albion.. not only on excalibur but on FH at all? when we quit alb to go to mid, albs became mud to u, as did the rest of the daoc population when u went to L2

Drucken

Fledgling Freddie
Now let's not say things we can't take back here.

Obviously you won't be able to convince eacother and since im kinda neutral im just gonna say that it's hell to level... But i would really, really like to try some lvl 75 pvp :)

the item loss=bad
the item cost=bad
the lvling=bad
the pvp=seems cool
the graphic=omfg they are the best, coolest, most real.. etc etc
the world=yeah its really cool, suits a rpg world perfect

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
I agree with all that except the pvp system, that lets it down badly I think.

Problem is, alot of players if not most get to level 30, get bored with how bad the levelling is (level 30+ is like daoc's level 45-50 grind during release, but with the target being level 75) and then they simply strip items and go around killing level 1's trying to exp for the first time out of boredom.

Its simply pointless, nasty and unrealistic, heres a world of brilliant detailed history, and lucious graphics and for some peculiar reason three quaters of the population happen to be anti-social serial killers.

Kinda spoils the effect doesn't it? You don't see that in the cinematics.

With a little more thought to the pvp system to make it less brutal it could of been a DAOC killer. Problem with MMoRPG's is accessibility, GW made an attempt to over come this, though not really successfully, L2 has taken the absolute worste elements of a MMoRPG, that being nasty pvp systems and horrid levelling grinds, taken those bad elements to the worse possible extreme and then added the most beautiful graphics and detailed history to the game.

Such a waste really, so much good and potential, shadowed by so much bad, I really wanted to get into L2 and enjoy it, but the experiance was just tarnished all the way and the friends I went there with disliked it or left.

Rep

One of Freddy's beloved
*Kagato hits Nail*

Nail: Ow my head!

Espirit

Loyal Freddie
Hey Ash and Rep^^

Tbh u dont remember what it was like starting DAOC for the first time. When I dinged 50 on my cleric I had green equip if I was lucky (which was crappy AC drops) and 40 gold to my name. And Im not the type to waste money on crap, it was hard work all the way.

So yes the grind and getting items in Lineage is tough, but so it was in DAOC too. Lineage wasnt for u fine, there are still a lot of people that love it.

The only risk in DAOC is whether u craft a 94% or a 100%, L2 has many risks that a lot of people find attractive, others find it too much.

Dont knock a game just because u didnt like it, u guys never played it long enough to see the real game.

But hope u are having fun somewhere else :)

Rep

One of Freddy's beloved
Espirit said:
Hey Ash and Rep^^

Tbh u dont remember what it was like starting DAOC for the first time. When I dinged 50 on my cleric I had green equip if I was lucky (which was crappy AC drops) and 40 gold to my name. And Im not the type to waste money on crap, it was hard work all the way.

So yes the grind and getting items in Lineage is tough, but so it was in DAOC too. Lineage wasnt for u fine, there are still a lot of people that love it.

The only risk in DAOC is whether u craft a 94% or a 100%, L2 has many risks that a lot of people find attractive, others find it too much.

Dont knock a game just because u didnt like it, u guys never played it long enough to see the real game.

But hope u are having fun somewhere else :)
well u put ur point across much better than ash did :p

this forums hardly the place for such a discussion anyway

thread locked

..hang on im not a mod :eek6:

Veno

Fledgling Freddie
Sounds a bit like old UO... Loose items when you die and corpse decays etc.
Liked the game cause of the easy access to true roleplaying. Really getting in depth with your character and following a storyline you yourself decide... I wish they would make a game like that again :(

I played a freeshard though and all i heard of the official ones was leet pks and no roleplaying at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom